PDA

View Full Version : WARNING! to you people who deliver the goods...

drmosh
04-05-2004, 11:09 PM
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=534505

leaveit2bevo
04-05-2004, 11:11 PM
oh man thats a total burn on our home turf

SolarXclipse
04-05-2004, 11:54 PM
So much for canyon run. What a cruel world.

gt40
04-06-2004, 12:12 AM
we will just have to book more track days... :cop:

GokuSSJ4
04-06-2004, 12:28 AM
hey !! he never mention Evos on those roads ...
After some of the accidents, cops are not playing arounf anymore ... Thats why is better of to schedule events at the track and have fun ....

leaveit2bevo
04-06-2004, 01:25 AM
Ya track is cool but I agree with the dude on nasioc, cayons are a totally different driving experience all together.

Absinthe
04-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Man are some of those kids dumb.

I dont deny its fun to fly down a road you know, I also dont deny its stupid. Once more people go to the track and realize what a little dirt or gravel mid corner will do to you car I think there will be less of this. In fact I wouldnt be surprized if the guy Bevo agrees with has never been to a track and thus doesnt know what he is talking about.

GokuSSJ4
04-06-2004, 09:47 AM
is post like this that make it more difficult then what it is
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=aea47f583d6836dadcf949732317143d&threadid=502589

apexstrafer
04-06-2004, 09:59 AM
I saw said new CHP bikes sunday morning while I was (luckily) taking it easy on mulholland near las virgines. they don't look at all like cops from a distance and could very easily catch you off guard (although I wouldn't go balls-out on mulholland in that section anyway)...

I know I'll be staying away from that whole are for the time being...

mprtklr
04-06-2004, 10:07 AM
i love living in the middle of nowhere with empty canyon (read unknown) roads.... :)

RanDEVO
04-06-2004, 05:46 PM
hahah!! :lol:

Ricardon
04-06-2004, 06:38 PM
i love living in the middle of nowhere with empty canyon (read unknown) roads.... :)

Hahaha...I know where YOU live!! It's just WAAAAY to damn far to drive. Great, well I guess the cat's out of the bag now. I was glad that the malibu canyons stayed off this board by name until now! I'[m actually fairly impressed that the guys here were able to keep their mouths shut, but it looks like everyone else helped us out with that. Thanks a lot to all the other gay ass forum boards, and the mulholland raceway guys for, while providing a great service and maps and such, totally drawing tons of attention to the roads that I used to drive 3 nights a week, and now can no longer drive. Thanks to all, Fuck you and I'm out!!

GokuSSJ4
04-06-2004, 08:57 PM
an i wanted to take footage of the wonderful straigh line of road that you drive on :? :? but will all of this meetings that they attent to hold on sunday's and posting directions . It seems im better off taking my documentary some place else..

Ricardon
04-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Yeah, we had a small, tight group of 3-4 EVO's that would go up literally 3 nights a week on weekday nights. No names to protect the innocent, but some skills were sharpened up there, let's leave it at that. We had plans to shoot a butt load of video and kinda mess around a bit...we should have done it while we had the chance I guess! 3-4 months solid, at least, of night runs...no more. Sad times these are! R.I.P. the late night drivethrough at Latigo Burger.

leaveit2bevo
04-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Yeah, we had a small, tight group of 3-4 EVO's that would go up literally 3 nights a week on weekday nights. No names to protect the innocent, but some skills were sharpened up there, let's leave it at that. We had plans to shoot a butt load of video and kinda mess around a bit...we should have done it while we had the chance I guess! 3-4 months solid, at least, of night runs...no more. Sad times these are! R.I.P. the late night drivethrough at Latigo Burger.

NOOOO latigo burger will live on!!!! im sure all the heat will go away after a couple weeks.

gt40
04-06-2004, 11:51 PM
In fact I wouldnt be surprized if the guy Bevo agrees with has never been to a track and thus doesnt know what he is talking about.

Actually, bevo has been to SOW with rich and I and on multiple occasions-just another fearless 18 year old... He is learning quick if he can stick around a while

GokuSSJ4
04-06-2004, 11:59 PM

NOOOO latigo burger will live on!!!! im sure all the heat will go away after a couple weeks.

i hope but i guess staying away for a few months till everything goes down ... i want to take some footage ....hehhe..

Absinthe
04-07-2004, 08:13 AM
In fact I wouldnt be surprized if the guy Bevo agrees with has never been to a track and thus doesnt know what he is talking about.

Actually, bevo has been to SOW with rich and I and on multiple occasions-just another fearless 18 year old... He is learning quick if he can stick around a while

I wasnt talking about bevo I was talking about the guy bevo was talking about who posted on NASIOC about how much better canyon running is than the track.

As for fearless 18 y/olds man I miss being to young to know better...2 fliped jeeps and multiple other accidents slowed me down though. I suppose thats what created my special brand of unmodded Evo Cadillac Driving.

Ricardon
04-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Yeah, if only law enforcement knew about some of the absolute crap I used to do when I was 18. I'm lucky to have survived most of it, and I'm glad that I lived to know better. But it really is hard to teach people things because I hate to say it but "boys will be boys", it really is in our nature to do stupid shit. Sometimes we survive and others...it's age old man, and will be for the rest of time I think, no matter how hard governement cracks down. The sad part is that the police and the public are treating this stuff as if it is a new occurrence made popular only since the first FnF movie. People have been racing, and dying, since the freakin' 1940's!!! The movie was made in reaction to the scene, not the other way around. Hell, back in the 40's-60's kids used to play chicken for christ's sake! You never see that shit anymore!!

leaveit2bevo
04-07-2004, 09:27 PM
LIVE FAST DIE YOUNG LEAVE A GOOD LOOKING CORPSE

GokuSSJ4
04-07-2004, 09:29 PM
to bad that with all the internet exposure that you have and how many peeps gather on a sunday . Have made it worst and the bikes dont help as well... Its a nice road you dont necessary have to go fast to enjoy it !! just by taking the turns to feel the way the car handles and reacts to turns is a nice way to get to know your car . But thats not the case most times .. peeps who are trying to be the fastest and end up making mistakes on certain turns that dont allow room for that .... or passing others and going into on coming traffic :shock:

Ricardon
04-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I'm sure the bikes just HATE this!! There's probably 4 times the amount of bikes as cars that go up there on Sundays. And I agree, you can have a blast on those roads, literally, driving the speed limit. Did I just say that? Yeah, it's true. Really is a shame. But it's the same as in kindergarten...a few people screw things up for the whole class. Just wait until recess...we'll tape their balls to the teatherball poll and kick their asses!!!!!

Ricardon
04-07-2004, 09:38 PM
Oh, and Neptune's Net will sell at least one less basket of shrimp on Sundays...the one that was reserved for me!

GokuSSJ4
04-07-2004, 10:15 PM
Oh, and Neptune's Net will sell at least one less basket of shrimp on Sundays...the one that was reserved for me!

funny thing i always wonder where the shrimp place was .. I need to go one of this day's , Love sea food ...

leaveit2bevo
04-10-2004, 12:30 PM
My friend from HS with a GTI went up to deliver tofu and went through all the canyons at 1pm and he went with 3 other cars and said there was no heat.

GokuSSJ4
04-10-2004, 03:38 PM
peeps keep getting together on sunday's around 11 am with all the ferraries and porsche . I think as long as you are not doing anything extreme , and you are driving through them you shouldn't have a problem....

Ricardon
04-10-2004, 05:39 PM
Let's be honest with each other! Seriously, how many of you will be able to "control" yourself if you went to the canyons. That's seriously like saying, "yeah I'm gonna' go down to the brothel, but I aint gonna' fuck" You'd get there, and within two turns you'd go from Dr. Jeckel to Mr. Hyde! My "fastest" runs always happened when I went up there with no intentions of speeding or pushing it. I kept telling myself that I was going to go up there and just learn the road, but I found myself flat footing it after 5 minutes hehehehe

hksevo8
04-12-2004, 09:34 AM
What is wrong with everyone. Public roads are just that, meant to be used by all in a safe and sane manner. I think everyone who thinks spirited driving on public roads should take a peak at some of the web sites that show the destruction that can be caused by such careless behavior. For Gods sake, you bought a thirty thousand dollar car and can't spend a little extra to drive it on the track. Please think about the way you drive. I bet all of you think your Goddam great drivers. Take a class on how to drive on a track, and I bet you will all realize just how crappy you are. :cry: :cry: :cry:

hksevo8
04-12-2004, 09:39 AM
and another thing, this is why we get pulled over for having aftermarket parts on our cars.

STiTHIS
04-12-2004, 09:48 AM
True, but there are some of us that were born to race and have been taught how to race, and there are roads like the canyons that give us that feeling of pure...fun!
Plus there is a differance between places like the canyons and other public roads.

leaveit2bevo
04-12-2004, 12:36 PM
What is wrong with everyone. Public roads are just that, meant to be used by all in a safe and sane manner. I think everyone who thinks spirited driving on public roads should take a peak at some of the web sites that show the destruction that can be caused by such careless behavior. For Gods sake, you bought a thirty thousand dollar car and can't spend a little extra to drive it on the track. Please think about the way you drive. I bet all of you think your Goddam great drivers. Take a class on how to drive on a track, and I bet you will all realize just how crappy you are. :cry: :cry: :cry:

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/leaveit2bevo/stfu2.jpg

so you dont drive canyons because your a pussy so you going to put us on blast for doing it? how are you to tell us what to do? fucking moral police, I bet all of us that drive the canyons will burn you on track.

mprtklr
04-12-2004, 12:53 PM
temper...temper...temper...:)

its that small sausage complex right??

hksevo8
04-12-2004, 01:06 PM
Listen up beavis. I never said that I could drive like a champ. But it is schmucks like you that bring attention the the import craze and have us all parked on the side of the road getting bullshit tickets from the police, instead of driving down the road. I just hope to god, that you do not kill someone on the road, because Karma is a total bitch. Grow up.

leaveit2bevo
04-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Im not even going to go into the fact that you drive a jetta, your telling me to grow up? how bout you grow up and mind your own fucking business dick. its not my fault your a pussy you probally cant drive your evo for shit.

hksevo8
04-12-2004, 01:33 PM
dumbass, you are replying to my post. i think that is my business. in the end, i can tell what kind of person you really are, and I have no more time for an ignorant person like yourself. I hope others will understand where I am coming from....

leaveit2bevo
04-12-2004, 01:42 PM
what bullshit you got in on our thread jackass that was none of your business cause you dont drive canyons, you look pretty ingorant trying to blast shit you dont even know about FUCK YOU!!!

eVoL oNe
04-12-2004, 01:47 PM
IM RICk JAMES BITCH!!!
okay check this out, why cant i have my chance back into socalevo without being banned? bevo is on fire with that other guy (sorry bevo, im using you as an example) so now whats the deal?

mprtklr
04-12-2004, 01:48 PM
Come on people now...smile on your brother.....everybody get together.....try to love one another right now.....

EVERYBODY NOW!!!!

Come on people now...

hksevo8
04-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Sorry I sparked this. I will just sit back and watch.

apexstrafer
04-12-2004, 02:55 PM

you're assuming an awful lot there buddy. look around and you'll see that the majority of us are ALL ABOUT the track. and I can tell you that at least myself and the people I've gone on "runs" with are anything BUT careless and irresponsible - and anything BUT inexperienced, uneducated, "crappy" drivers. true, not everyone can drive a car like the evo as it was intended, but those of us who can, WILL when the place and time are right - be it on the track or otherwise.

hksevo8
04-12-2004, 03:21 PM
I originally resonded to this because I have been all to close to what can happen when people drive recklessly on city streets. I was a fireman and responded to way to many calls that were fatalities. I understand that there are many of us who will drive faster then what is recommended by the speed limit signs, but am afraid that we as a group are being punished by the police for the lack of respect by a few bad apples (and no I am not direclty pointing out bevo). I live in south oc which although is over crowded, by no means is it as densly populated and well traveled as the hills of Hollywood (which is where is suspect alot of people do canyon runs). I guess the real reason I am making a response (known as a thread in forum lingo) is that everyone bitches about how the police bitch slap them with gay tickets like no front plate, loud exhaust etc etc, but do not seem to see the relationship to the cops giving us tickets for being such assholes on the streets. The main point I am trying to make is that although you may be Sebastion Lobe, the guy/girl/family pulling out onto that canyon behind the blind curve, is not. (and this does happen at 2 in the morning). I have read alot about how this group does do track events, and am very impressed with it. Just be safe. Think twice.

Absinthe
04-12-2004, 03:23 PM
Many of you are ignoring what i think the heart of this discusion should be; essentially at the track you are in a relatively controlled environment with many other drivers who share your passion and experience and knowlege of the risk.

It is likely on a canyon run that atleast a few of the people in a larger group dont know what they are doing or are trying to do things they should be due to thier ability (ie the guy who just got his first stick shift sports cars and wants to run with people who have a large amount of experience) These people are the ones who present a danger.

Also few people here are taking into acount the other people who may use these raods for transportation purposes, who ride bikes on them. These people present a danger not seen at the track and it would seem to me unfair to place them in danger.

One final thing if canyon runs did no one any harm and people didnt get killed the the cops wouldnt be out cruising for them. For these reasons and the uncontrolled nature of public roads I think rightfully so that people who choose to do this and get busted get what they deserve. :offrant:

Absinthe
04-12-2004, 03:25 PM

you're assuming an awful lot there buddy. look around and you'll see that the majority of us are ALL ABOUT the track. and I can tell you that at least myself and the people I've gone on "runs" with are anything BUT careless and irresponsible - and anything BUT inexperienced, uneducated, "crappy" drivers. true, not everyone can drive a car like the evo as it was intended, but those of us who can, WILL when the place and time are right - be it on the track or otherwise.

not to flame well since Im going to have to see you at the track later this month...

I would assert purely by participating in an event where you have minimal control of the variables you are being reckless.

apexstrafer
04-12-2004, 03:37 PM

not to flame well since Im going to have to see you at the track later this month...

I would assert purely by participating in an event where you have minimal control of the variables you are being reckless.

a valid point - not leaving any room for error (mine or anyone else's) in such an unpredictable, variable situation would be reckless. which is why I myself don't go completely 10/10ths on public roads. THAT most definitely is reserved for the track. see ya there...

hksevo8
04-12-2004, 03:57 PM
Many of you are ignoring what i think the heart of this discusion should be; essentially at the track you are in a relatively controlled environment with many other drivers who share your passion and experience and knowlege of the risk.

It is likely on a canyon run that atleast a few of the people in a larger group dont know what they are doing or are trying to do things they should be due to thier ability (ie the guy who just got his first stick shift sports cars and wants to run with people who have a large amount of experience) These people are the ones who present a danger.

Also few people here are taking into acount the other people who may use these raods for transportation purposes, who ride bikes on them. These people present a danger not seen at the track and it would seem to me unfair to place them in danger.

One final thing if canyon runs did no one any harm and people didnt get killed the the cops wouldnt be out cruising for them. For these reasons and the uncontrolled nature of public roads I think rightfully so that people who choose to do this and get busted get what they deserve. :offrant:

This is what I mean. Thanks for helping me develop my thought completly.

Ricardon
04-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Damn, now I can't flame anyone in this thread now can I? Bevo, settle down...I doubt he was pointing the initial finger at you personally, and actually makes a very valid point. I agree that anytime anyone exceeds the posted speedlimit they put themselves and everyone around them at risk. It is deffinitely not fair for any of us, regardless of driving talent or experience, to place another human being at risk! The fact of the matter is that there are a number of PURE squids out running the canyons these days, and quite a lot has been happening, media covered accidents and such, that have drawn massive amounts of unwanted attention to our scene. I used to drive the canyons 3 nights a week, mostly by myself, and mostly very late night, but that still doesn't take all of the risk out of it. I am so absolutely scared shitless now it's not even funny. I seriously feel an intense fear everytime I get behind the wheel of my EVO, literally driving out of my rearview looking for police. I usually drive in the right-most lane so that if I spot one behind me I can pull into a business and wait a couple of minutes so the road is clear. This is while driving the 2.5 miles to work and back, not while driving canyons. I won't even think about driving the canyons anymore, even though every bit of my soul is calling me to go out...EVERY SINGLE WEEKNIGHT! It's like quiting an addiction, and it totally sucks. I do not agree with the rediculous level of profiling that is going on in the import scene, and think that what went on at the South Coast Subie meet and the SocalEuro meet in Santa Barbara was one of the most cowardly displays of "law enforcement" I have ever seen, but it seems to have put the fear of god and death in most of us. Hell, these guys getting tickets for jaywalking to the meets are lucky...I had to look down the barrel of a gun and spend a night in jail/have my car impounded to see that the police mean business. This is such a touchy subject, and I agree that we should all keep our "driving" confined to the racetrack or sanctioned events like autocrosses, but alot of times the police don't even want to encourage that! They show up at night drag racing events, totally legal at drag strips, and nail people going into and leaving the event. I have personally seen cops waiting outside autocross sites, EN MASSE, just waiting to pick people off! I agree that many of us, I use the word "us" very loosly btw, drive like total fucking retards with total disregard for other motorists on many occasions, which is what has caused this reaction by law enforcement, but when does protecting the public at large turn into full blown 1940's Nazi Germany? Where do we draw the line? I hate to use that example, but I'm sick and tired of having a gut wrenching feeling everytime I get behind the wheel of what has turned out to be literally the car of my dreams!! Today, the car was down at Mackin getting development and install of the Espelir GT springs. They let me borrow a Toyota Tacoma so I could go get some coffee while I waited. I felt absolutely nothing and was totally at ease driving that vehicle. I turned the radio on (I never use the radio in the EVO), and relaxed for the first time while driving in 3 months! What is wrong with this situation when I can drive less than the posted speed limit, obey all traffic laws and still be totally freaked out when I see police when I'm driving the EVO. I dunno, am I just completely paranoid, or do any others feel this way? I'm curious to hear other people's thoughts on my state of mental health. (Leave all Beanstalk ans sausage comments out of the replies please LOL!!)

mprtklr
04-12-2004, 05:31 PM
cliff notes please??

Ricardon
04-12-2004, 05:35 PM
cliff notes please??

Damn bro!! Hehehe, sorry about the BOOK! I wish I lived in Temecula like you do hahahaha.

Coolguy949
04-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Rich, I know EXACTLY how you feel. If I had a ball bearing on my neck, it would be spinning all day long while driving scanning for cops. I feel like a human radar now for cops. I'm always scanning for cops. I drive no faster than the speed limit at ALL times now. Two times this week I've been driving slow listening to the radio and I've had cops on the other side of the road make a u and try to weave around traffic to nab me for something. I quickly pull into a commercial area and walk away from my car. If this continues we'll all be sitting in the back of the bus next and have to go to an Evo restaurant while everyone else eats at the normal people restaurant.

I encourage everyone to start either writing letters or posting on cop forums (yes they are out there) expressing this concern. It sucks when the people that are supposed to protect you scare the hell out of you when you see them. I dont know about you, but I dont feel warm and fuzzy when I see a cop and know he's out there to protect me. What's wrong with the world??!!

Here's a cop forum that we could start posting on. This is a link to the "Ask a Cop" section:

http://www.policeworld.net/forums/index.php?board=13

Ricardon
04-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Jesus, I'd love to post questions there, but after reading through some of the cops' posts it looks just like another internet forum with a bunch of Bevoesque (Sorry Bevo) comments. Some things like who cares what you think about us, I'm gonna get paid anyway and it comes out of your taxes so fuck you type of attitude! Unreal.

CACalomino
04-12-2004, 06:02 PM
cliff notes please??

Damn bro!! Hehehe, sorry about the BOOK! I wish I lived in Temecula like you do hahahaha.

Ya gota love it out here in DIRT country we have some busters out here starting shit and shitting on imports but not nearly as bad as the LA basin area u guys get the baton up your ass's sideways then shot hung and dragged threw city streets Iraqy style.

-Chris

p.s. dont move near my guys I like being the only evo in my area and being overlooked as a 4door family vehicle to a degree

mprtklr
04-12-2004, 06:07 PM
The link doesnt work for me, all i get is this..

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album22/nopage.jpg

Coolguy949
04-12-2004, 06:12 PM
LOL

Ricardon
04-12-2004, 06:19 PM
"You fast and the furious kids make me laugh"

Absinthe
04-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Ricardon-

you have touched on why I have a white evo with a small wing, factory exhaust and no tint.

I just dont want the heat.

leaveit2bevo
04-12-2004, 07:09 PM
are you a teacher at pali?

Ricardon
04-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Ricardon-

you have touched on why I have a white evo with a small wing, factory exhaust and no tint.

I just dont want the heat.

Yeah your'e right man! I had to have the yellow one didn't I? I shoulda learned from the yellow ITR experience, but it was nowhere near as bad as it is now!! It's sad that I'll have to choose a color than the one I REALLY want next time in favor of the color that is least likely to be seen.

Absinthe
04-12-2004, 08:10 PM
are you a teacher at pali?

Me?

no, I do drive through palisades/malibu evvery day though

perversity
04-12-2004, 09:04 PM
Okay, so I posted on the police forum. contribute if you feel like it...

http://www.policeworld.net/forums/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=5373

Ricardon
04-12-2004, 11:15 PM
Interesting stuff! I had to take three different detours tonight just to avoid being followed by police. One pulled up behind me on the way there, I glanced very cautiously in my rear-view and saw him running my plate. I was certain that he would pull me over so, because I was driving in the right lane, I pulled into the very next shopping center and let him drive by. Had to do that 3 times on the way there, was a lot of police out on the street tonight. Good for overall public safety...very bad for import drivers. The same officer showed up in the lot and parked right in front of Mark's car for a few minutes, and then took off.

GokuSSJ4
04-12-2004, 11:40 PM
wow !!!! that sucks .... im glad i dont have a yellow Evo , since thats what i wanted but eventually i knew i was going to run in to trouble...

Ricardon
04-13-2004, 02:24 AM
Tony, They deleted your post and the subsequent replis to it. Funny or sad? You guys be the judge, I just hope that someone copied what the post was! It was read nearly 50 times last I checked before I saw that it was removed. Go police!! lamers.

Coolguy949
04-13-2004, 06:49 AM
Wow, they deleted the thread. If that''s not a cover up, i dont know what is.

GokuSSJ4
04-13-2004, 08:17 AM
what was the post about ??? :? i didn't even get a chance to look at it..

perversity
04-13-2004, 08:28 AM
They removed the post for review. My guess is that some people posted less than savoury remarks in the thread (any guesses who might do that?) which doesn't really help the cause very much. Anywhay I asked them for a reply to my questions via PM. Here's the email I got:

> (Today at 06:56:24pm) Rule303 has sent you the following Instant
> Message:
>
> ->*<-
>
> Tony,
>
> your post of topic on import cars has been moved to the moderators
> area for review. Replies were questionable and some editing deletion
> may be required.
>
> ->*<-

augi1
04-13-2004, 08:37 AM
I set up a dummy account (just to be sure) and only replied to that guy that said import enthusiasts were worst than rapist!

Can you believe that shit!

I thought I made a calm and un-flaming post but did not see any after mine.

Ricardon
04-13-2004, 09:46 PM
HMMM. Interesting. That thread had absolutely no chance of survival anyway. The original post wasn't meek enough to get overlooked by the nazi hand of a moderator on a nazi board. Ending a post in "When is this going to stop?" is probably not the best way to have the cops on the board want to reply LOL!