PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else think this is falling apart?

mprtklr
04-06-2004, 10:03 AM
or maybe it was never together....

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/04/06/iraq.main/index.html

augi1
04-06-2004, 10:16 AM
It has been one big clusterfuck since the so-called war ended. it can only get worse and end badly for the US

mprtklr
04-06-2004, 10:20 AM
i mean, its now almost 5 or so US troops are dying DAILY!! i mean these are vietnam levels. and to top it off, they had to pull out of Najaf and yield to Shiites? WTF???

mprtklr
04-06-2004, 10:42 AM
moer food for thought

http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/bush-911.htm

Absinthe
04-06-2004, 10:50 AM
I am british and I said this 13 months ago.

Welcome to Northern Ireland.

Some days will be better than others but in all a lot of people will die a lot of money will be spent and we wont gain much. Thats said we are there now and we cant just leave or it will turn into a breeding groud for terrorists.

Absinthe
04-06-2004, 10:51 AM
Oh and by the way way did we get into this f'ing war have you seen gas prices?

augi1
04-06-2004, 11:01 AM
As Vietnam was a guerilla war, so will Iraq be. The US will need a constant presence there or it will slip into chaos and a haven for terrorist. Also the Iraqi people do not want us there, will not support us! the rest of the World and NATO will not help as fucking Bush has alienated and pist them off. Like I said, clusterfuck!!!

Takashi
04-06-2004, 11:55 AM
can you say 'spiraling out of control...'

mprtklr
04-06-2004, 12:13 PM
we went from having the largest budget surplus to the largest deficiet. in the process alienated all our allies except for one, and now we are bogged down in a quagmire known as iraq with no way out.

how do you "liberate" people who are trying to kill you?

its this "policer of the world" attitude that got us in somalia, the now defunct russia, iraq and will soon be in africa. we need to stop it. it is getting out of hand. patriotism is one thing,

WE ALL SUPPORT OUR TROOPS, JUST NOT THE LEADERS OF THOSE TROOPS.

augi1
04-06-2004, 12:29 PM

I give all the love and repect to the men and woman of the armed forces, it a very brave and honorable thing to want to defend this country.

I also hate and dispise the leaders that put these people in situations with no real idea what is going on in this country and no clear exit strategy.

By the way a majority of the troops that were and are still in Iraq are national guard troop which are just regular people like a co-worker of mine that has serverd 2 years with no idea when his tour will end!

mprtklr
04-06-2004, 01:14 PM
well yes and no, they are doing the policing, but the main battle troops are like the 1st infantry, 1 armored brigade, my brothers unit 2-70 armor out of ft. riley kansas, they are doing the battling, unfortunetly though the losses are the Nat Guard troops, since they are sitting ducks in the streets.

alfredob1
04-06-2004, 03:58 PM
My sisters co-worker at the San Diego County's Sheriffs department was a national gaurd reserve, he was KIA in Iraq.

mprtklr
04-06-2004, 05:58 PM
anyone ask bush how his last vacation was? becuase he does hold the record for being the president who has had the most vacations. and we wouldnt want his 2 little drunk and druggie daughters to go to iraq....

han74j
04-06-2004, 06:31 PM
i was there a half a year ago, was in al kut, mumadia, jassan, bassar, bagadad. when we left each city the place was peaceful, schools were building, water pipes, new police recuites, and new jobs were created. around september most of the Marines pulled out except for 1/4 they had to go back casuse a air force or a army guy got sniped. but after all marines left the country when to the shit........ The army is suppost to be a occupying force, but in Samalia, and now in iraq, the army have shown only 1 thing, a waste of resources!!!!!!! the 1st MarDiv started to move back into Iraq in the begining of this year, and the 1000 Marines you are hearing about is all from teh 1st MarDiv. some time this year they will be replaced by 3rd, and sometime next year by the 4th. we will be there for awhile we all know that already. i just hate to go back! but if i go after i come back my car will be hella fast!!!! people in iraq most of them are pretty friendly, kids love us, women gigle when they see us, is the older men in the country that holds the triadtion and the leader coasting the problem. if the army would of taken care of business then the 7 Marines wouldn't have died.

At mumadia we occupyed a old iraqi facility "Dogwood." Dogwood was oranginally a Army supplying post, but they kept on getting RPGed so we moved in to protect them. on the road to Dogwood theres like at least a few miles long wall build next to the street to block the view of this military base, so the iraqis would high on the towers and shot the army convoys. The funny thing is that they just kept on driving w/out shooting back! after we got there we pushed the walls down, and the attacks when down i think by 70-80% we were there for about 2 month. then the 101 or the 82 air born took over our pause. guess what soon after we left the base was getting motored, attacked, and finally abandoned. My point is that the army is use less!

The Marines have 4 divisions to form a Corp = Marine Corp

the army have a few Armys, each army have a 3-4 Corp in it. that gives u a idea of how much bigger the army is compare to the Marines.

Army have better equipment with out a question, more money, more man power, newest technology. but they can't do shit!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone is thinking of joining the military Join the Marines and go 03 field! please dont join the Army (unless you have enough mental strength to be in the Speical forces). other than them regular army sux my nuts!!!!

We lived in old ass Iraqi military bases with no shower (1 month in country), no bathroom (2 month in country), no hot chow. they live in tents with ac, running water, bathroom, swiming pool (4 month in country), fast food stands (didn't get that until 4 month in country), movie theater (not until 4 month in country), big ass gym (we made our own gym with what we got mostly MRE boxes), phone center (we didn't get to use the phone until 2 month in country)

the army still complain about how bad they have it omg... i have no respect for any of them, may be if they r a grunt, or in speical forces

CreoUCLA
04-06-2004, 06:43 PM
Yes, it is a crappy situation for our troops. And this is going to be a long effort (even when Iraqis regain control over their country). We'll have to babysit as peace keepers, mostly due to our involvement without a U.N. backed resolution. I mean, look at Haiti. We went in, setup a government, and left shortly after. The same problems surfaced (corruption, etc.) and now that country is back where they started. Sadly many more lives on both sides will be lost before this thing is over.

-Mike-

mprtklr
04-06-2004, 06:43 PM
well, thats subjective, and i come from an army family, and have delt with both, marines are bullish and brute, the army is by far more intelligent and more capable than the marines, so lets not go there. the REASON is as stated before, all the AD service personnal are cycling home, wereas the Nat Grd's are now the occupying force. THAT is the problem.

han74j
04-07-2004, 01:21 AM
well, thats subjective, and i come from an army family, and have delt with both, marines are bullish and brute, the army is by far more intelligent and more capable than the marines, so lets not go there. the REASON is as stated before, all the AD service personnal are cycling home, wereas the Nat Grd's are now the occupying force. THAT is the problem.

u r telling me that the Army is better than teh Marines....... omg get the hell out. may be people from ur family. want to hear a great army story???

we were outside posting security for a town meeting. then someone started to shot at us. while we started to yell hes over there, and blabhlabh, the ARMY Lt cam up and ask our Cpl "where did my Cpl wanted him to be at." a officer asking the lowest NCO what to do? thats call great army training! and thats why army can't hang! STUPID ROTC college programs.... WEAKKKKKKKKKKKK

hum.... why do u think they are sending the Marines back? cause the army can't handle their shit. and its not just national guards, u think most grunt unit out there are national guards? have u seen the national guards?

i was going to post something trash talking but i didnt' want to get banned, anyways. it comes down to where ever the Marines are there, the place is fine once we leave the place goes byebye! and just because your family was in the army dont mean anything. have u been in the military? and please dont give me this i been on base ever since i was small....

have u ever been to a war zone? you know how it feels to be thousands of miles away from your home, and know that someone out there wants u dead? were u fucking out there? if no you dont got a right to talk about how good the army is and TALK SHIT ABOUT MY MARINE CROP i was out there and seen it first hand!

oh ya about the AD, 1st AD is in bagadad by the way......... not all r national guards, i dont think the gov is that stupid to send untrained (compare to active) units out there and all by themselves, they will get raped!!!!

han74j
04-07-2004, 01:27 AM

I give all the love and repect to the men and woman of the armed forces, it a very brave and honorable thing to want to defend this country.

I also hate and dispise the leaders that put these people in situations with no real idea what is going on in this country and no clear exit strategy.

By the way a majority of the troops that were and are still in Iraq are national guard troop which are just regular people like a co-worker of mine that has serverd 2 years with no idea when his tour will end!

Thank You from Everyone!

mprtklr
04-07-2004, 08:31 AM
im not saying the army is better, i am saying that each does their job respectively, and to bash the army, so as to me bashing the marines. I have seen inter-military combat training in Nurnburg, Germany (for which i was there 3 years) and in Ft. Riley Kansas, as well as Ft. Irwin.. and the marine armor divisons got RAPED by the Army.

so can we stop this? cause it will not do anything except get into a bigger argument, i never started bashing the marines, you started bashing the army.

han74j
04-07-2004, 11:33 AM
im not saying the army is better, i am saying that each does their job respectively, and to bash the army, so as to me bashing the marines. I have seen inter-military combat training in Nurnburg, Germany (for which i was there 3 years) and in Ft. Riley Kansas, as well as Ft. Irwin.. and the marine armor divisons got RAPED by the Army.

so can we stop this? cause it will not do anything except get into a bigger argument, i never started bashing the marines, you started bashing the army.

hahahaha r u talking about the training armor battlion where no one have ever beating them? ahhahahahha like i said dont give me this i been here and there when u r just there for the ride with ur family. u weren't out there, and u didn't see how the army was acting so dont talk! one thing i do have to give the army is that they r hella nice to us! always trying to feed us food thats nice.

augi1
04-07-2004, 11:46 AM

Yes, this is getting waaaay OT. The situation is getting worse as we speak. More US ARMED FORCES are fighting and dieing and all we hear nothing from Bush but stay the course and reelect me. There is no leadership in this country!!

han74j
04-09-2004, 04:17 AM
Al Kut one of the citys that got taken over by the hagies, we were there for three month, and nothing happened. nothing big like this, damn i missed out.......... eah

Absinthe
04-09-2004, 08:56 AM
I think its time we call the Isrealies for help, at least they know how to deal with this crap.

we just need to do it in a way that no one finds out because if they do things will only get worse.

mprtklr
04-09-2004, 09:04 AM
its not that the isreali's know how to handle this crap, its thats they handle it with a "BIGGER GUN"

which is what the US should do. door to door combat in fallujah? no, they all clapped and cheered when those contractors were hung from the bridge, now they are all enemies and firebomb the city. done. but NNOOO, not the US. We are too Good for that... BULLCRAP

Absinthe
04-09-2004, 09:36 AM
growing up outside of the US and with older parents, there is a consensus that since, Dresden, hiroshima, and Nagasaki the US and frequently its allies are too concerned with collateral damage.

Something that doesnt concern the Israelies, if you look at what they have been capable of you have to respect the combination of understanding and sheer gaul they exhibit in battle.

After all I the US had been a little less concerned with apperances in Gulf War 1 we wouldnt be there today.