PDA

View Full Version : stupid cops

inline4g63
04-10-2004, 04:53 PM
SO i head over to the south coast subaru meet. As I was making a u-turn, I see a cop eyeing my car. Mind you that I am not doing anything wrong, the u-turn was legal and I was not speeding. He pulls me over and gives me a ticket for no front license plate and modified exhaust. WTF?? First of all. there are way more cars at the meet or around the area that have many more mods. Secondly, I had a license plate on my passenger side dash. Aren't catbacks legal?? My HKS carbon-ti isnt even that loud compared to some of the others.

Even though it is a fix it, I still have to change the exhuast and have it signed off. DAmn pigs!

P.S. Is there anyway to put the license plate on withou drilling the bumper??

STiTHIS
04-10-2004, 05:05 PM
I think everysingle person that was there got at least two tickets.

rubelcon
04-10-2004, 05:09 PM
P.S. Is there anyway to put the license plate on withou drilling the bumper??

Damn, glad I did not go.. My car raises a serious flag..

All you need to do is zip-tie your top two holes in your lisence plate to the intercooler mesh. Just do it right before you have it signed, then snip the zip ties so your intercooler gets air flow!

el rey evo
04-10-2004, 05:23 PM
It's Costa Mesa, bro...the motor cops in that town swarm like angry bees...

Coolguy949
04-10-2004, 06:07 PM
Wow, I was planning on going too. Maybe we should start meeting in industrial areas and empty warehouses so cops dont give us tickets for loud exhausts.

I guess everytime I see a 5 foot tall lady driving an excursion on her cell phone almost running over a car next to her, i'll remind myself how much more of a thread I am with my illegal exhaust. :roll:

Maybe I should stay ahead of the game and swap out my wheels for 14" plastic covers since 17" wheels will be illegal soon. :!: :!: :roll:

IS2000
04-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Glad I didn't go there as well.
I guess in the future, people will be going to meets in their DD (like me and my friends).

Ricardon
04-11-2004, 12:25 AM
Glad I didn't go there as well.
I guess in the future, people will be going to meets in their DD (like me and my friends).

Yeah, go to the meets in the DD! Oops, the Evo is my DD. I see cops roll into a parking lot, I'm slowly kinda walking away from the car and going into the nearest food joint. I did it twice at the Torrance meet the last two times I went. I could see the cops coming in off the street, went over to In N Out. No ticket for me. Oh, and yeah I was seriously contemplating heading to this meet as well...PHEW!

inline4g63
04-11-2004, 01:07 AM
ya , the cop gave like 3 other people jaywalking tickets. Also there were lik 2 more cop cars cruising that street. It was funny cuz it was like the south coast subaru was a "safety" YOu had to make your way into the safe zone without getting tagged by cops. They had a helicopter overhead too!!

Ricardon
04-11-2004, 01:12 AM
WTF!!! Jaywalking?? And the helicopter is just rediculous...you know how expensive the choppers are when they use them? I'm not paying fucking taxes anymore...police: you can lick my balls! get your paycheck from some other sucker.

nijikon5
04-11-2004, 02:10 AM
I was at the meet. Met BOVBILLY ( Was a another cool evo owner. ). I was wondering who the other 2-3 Evo owners there were. Anyways, I talked to one of the guys who got a jay walking ticket, he drove a black NSX, the cop wouldn't even reason and was a complete dickhead. Luckily I didn't get any tickets or anything.... They did give a few cool prizes at the end like a Cusco Ti Front Strut bar, A Grounding Kit, and some Rotora Front Rotors ( That fit the rx-8, and Evo?... Wonder why they gave those away at a Subaru meet -.-. )

moogle
04-11-2004, 02:31 AM
if its not a socal evo main meet or mini meet I aint going.

prosailortim
04-11-2004, 09:00 AM
I drove by at 1135 I saw three cops one hade a sliver wrx pulled over at the dealership (on th lot), the other two were on side streets with vehicles pulled over. I did a fly by and circled the block.... looked like the meet had a good turn out.

I have Buschur's 3" exhaust w/high flow cat.....so my exhaust note is very noticable. Everyone at the meet looked as I drove by, even the cop.

My second pass down Harbor Blvd. the cop at the dealership was trying to pull out of the dealership and he had his eyes on me.... thank God there was traffic. He was to busy looking at traffic so I turned into the Nissan dealership and parked next to a truck, the sales people knew exactly what I was doing.

Across from the dealership there is a side street that empties out onto Harbor Blvd. He pulled onto the side street and parked facing towards the Nissan dealership. I don't think he saw me pull into the dealerhip, he had to be able to see my car though, I could see him from where I was parked. After what seemed like an hour, a riced out Honda drove by and he quickly pulled out. Needless to say I took that as my cue to get the hell out of there.

I want to hear some stories

Coolguy949
04-11-2004, 09:37 AM
Why was everyone getting tickets? Exhaust?

I think i'm going to write a letter to the orange county sherrif's department. This is rediculous. If that's not profiling, I dont know what is. Even though the Sherrif's department wasnt pulling people over, i'd love to hear why cops in general are specifically targeting people with large wings and larger than average exhaust pipes.

Actually, the Irvine Police department has an online forum on their site with cops that answer questions. I'll just do that.

mprtklr
04-11-2004, 09:51 AM
ive said it before...and ill say it again... I LOVE LIVING IN TEMECULA!! HAHAHA

I got a thumbs up from a Riv Co. Sheriff on my way to corona on friday.. !!

mistasparkle
04-11-2004, 10:11 AM
true, there are some cops (3) that hide around my house till i leave. They follow me for a little then leave. Its irritating but i get interesting looks from ppl that see 2 squad cars following me for no reason around la canada.

inline4g63
04-11-2004, 12:45 PM
Why was everyone getting tickets? Exhaust?

Apprently a modified exhaust is illegal. I had a carbo ti catback, it wasnt even that loud. IT doesn break the 95 dB rule, so it must be that u just cant change or modify the car period. THen my question is what about all the peopl with aftermarket rims?? THat should be illegal too.

Same thing happened at the norcal socal euro meet in Santa barbara.
read the following:
http://www.socaleuro.com/forum/topic.aspx?author_id=2184&topic_id=24886&category_id=32

http://www.socaleuro.com/forum/topic.aspx?author_id=627&topic_id=24880&category_id=32

basically the same thing happened at south coast subaru, where all of us were picked off like flies. It was unfair. THe dealership itself was the only safe zone.

inline4g63
04-11-2004, 12:58 PM
some pics from someone from nasioc

http://www.neaners.com/southcoast/

hksevo8
04-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Ok guys here is the deal. An aftermarket cat back exhaust is legal in the state of CA, end of story. The legal limit for noise polution is 95DB for passanger vehicles, and that is set at idle. Unless you have removed the cat from your car, most aftermarket exhaust conform to the law. The law on the books for the state was written back in the 70's and has not been updated to todays standards (vc27151, 27150 & 27200 modified exhaust). The law itself is open to interpretation by the police, so they will pull you over because they see the big tip, but the exhaust (unless tampered with to make more noise) will be legal. HKS has an Exhaust Statment of compliance letter for those of you with Hi-Power and Carbon TI exhausts. Contact HKS at hksusa.com and someone should be able to fax/mail you the letter. Other manufafacturers should have the same. I recieved ten of these citaition, and never lost in court. I was even sent to the referee once and my car (a 1995 Nissan 240sx with an hks hi-power setup at the time) passed with flying colors. (I felt like laughing in the cops face in the court room). Just remember that there are people in the aftermarket industry (sema for one) that are trying to fix this most rediculous of citations. I have yet to put an exhaust on my EVO, but will be doing so real soon, just so I can F*** with those bastards! For those of you that received tickets at the Subaru meet, I suggest you fight it. 9 out of 10 times the officer will know that he will lose in court, and will not show. Hope this info is helpful. BTW I am planning on attending the next meet for the socal group as soon as it is determined when and where it will be held. :D [/code]

inline4g63
04-12-2004, 03:19 PM
more documentation for CHP
http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?ID=8133

ErroR
04-12-2004, 06:27 PM
Holy shit!

I guess it is time to put the silencer back in my trunk just in case.

Ricardon
04-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Hide it in your ass dave Pulp Fiction style, they won't look there, unless you get the guy from Wayne's World!!!

han74j
04-12-2004, 07:29 PM
sorry to hear that man sux!

inline4g63
04-13-2004, 01:46 AM
I think the SB meet had it worse than the South Coast meet

http://68.6.75.201:8081/~photos/albums/album219/DSCN1641_copy.sized.jpg

http://68.6.75.201:8081/~photos/albums/album219/DSCN1640_copy.sized.jpg

http://68.6.75.201:8081/~photos/albums/album219/DSCN1637_copy.sized.jpg