PDA

View Full Version : Your want real speed and durability?

drmosh
04-11-2004, 11:53 AM
Want more speed? Want more durability?

Want an unfair advantage? I know, this sounds like a commercial... but read on...

This process has been deemed illegal by most pro racing series since it creates an unfair advantage for the racing teams sometimes resulting in a 30% power increase that would almost be 100hp on an EVO.

The process basically creates a 1 micron coating of ceramic to the gear parts rendering their friction level to almost nothing and making them impermeable to heat. It also removes imperfect peaks and valleys in the metal.

REM Isotropic Finishing

http://www.taylor-race.com/isotropic.cfm

http://www.remchem.com/c.htm

Absinthe
04-11-2004, 12:08 PM
I am I understanding the site that they will do a full set up for 500?

drmosh
04-11-2004, 12:11 PM
I am I understanding the site that they will do a full set up for 500?

Yeap, but from what I understand, they recommend full blueprinting of the gearbox and gears first, which has it's own costs. But of course I'm sure you could have it done without going through that process.

One of the drivers in the Mazda Star Pro series was disqualified after he won the race when they found out he had this done to his car.

leaveit2bevo
04-11-2004, 01:04 PM
hmmm im interested but how much for the blueprinting?

GokuSSJ4
04-11-2004, 01:34 PM
COST

Complete gearbox, when combined with overhaul or Blueprint. This includes initial setup of transmission ring and pinion, lapping of the ring and pinion (if necessary), disassembly, and reassembly after REM(tm) treatment. $500.00
Individual Ring and Pinion Sets $135.00
Individual Gearset Pairs $25.00
Batch of parts (up to 30 gearsets) $500.00

Blaze
04-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Looks like good results and good prices. But is there anyone more local to SoCal that has the ability to do this? Shipping a tranny to TX or CT won't exactly be cheap.

Also, how about setting up a group buy for this?

ItsStockOfficer
04-11-2004, 11:28 PM
Thats really dumb....

The entire drivtrain loss from engine to wheels is only 15 to 20%, most of which is accelerating the flywheel, tires, CV joints in both the driveshaft and axle's and then the brake drag at all 4 corners.

Does anyone hear actually think it requires to a HUNDRED hp to accelerate some 6 inch gears?

moogle
04-11-2004, 11:45 PM
Shipping a tranny to TX or CT won't exactly be cheap.

Exactly! Don't forget the labor taking it out that's extra. Unless there's a shop that's local that does it no way in hell. Also is it dyno pruven???

drmosh
04-12-2004, 12:02 AM
Thats really dumb....

The entire drivtrain loss from engine to wheels is only 15 to 20%, most of which is accelerating the flywheel, tires, CV joints in both the driveshaft and axle's and then the brake drag at all 4 corners.

Does anyone hear actually think it requires to a HUNDRED hp to accelerate some 6 inch gears?

Actually it's closer to 25% and you are forgetting the diffs, they cause probably the most drag.

Absinthe
04-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Thats really dumb....

Perhaps this is not ideal for the the evo because it is easy to biuld cheap reliable power in the car but think of a super lightwieght sports car

Say the Lotus Elise even if you could half the drivetrain loss you would pick up an effective 20-25 whp that kind of increase in that car will cost you alot of reliability and cost way more than the apparent 1800 to blue print the tranny and do this.

Pops
04-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Wait! if you magnetize all of the gears in addition to this process, you'll gain up to 50 percent!!!

Grandparents have been doing this to their grandchildren recently and now their parents have outlawed that too, but you can still have your gearbox magnetized.

In my next post, I'll tell you how holy water, when run properly in your radiator, can take off 4 tenths from and add 5 mph to your quartermile time - it has to do with the space time continuum

Absinthe
04-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Wait! if you magnetize all of the gears in addition to this process, you'll gain up to 50 percent!!!

Grandparents have been doing this to their grandchildren recently and now their parents have outlawed that too, but you can still have your gearbox magnetized.

In my next post, I'll tell you how holy water, when run properly in your radiator, can take off 4 tenths from and add 5 mph to your quartermile time - it has to do with the space time continuum :lol:

no thats funny.

Evo8you
04-12-2004, 11:05 PM
I could see gaining 30% of the 40hp we lose at the wheels. Which is 12hp we would put to the ground.

And fore the money it would cost there's better ways of making more power.