PDA

View Full Version : Minor Problem: front brake caliper/rotor

Takashi
04-12-2004, 10:26 AM
hey there, as many of you know, i am the proud owner of a stunning apex silver evo. i noticed a problem almost immediately after driving it off the lot...
the passenger side front rotor is only wearing on the outer half. the inner half is still all rusted (you know, from sitting on the lot for a while). the driver side appears to be wearing normally. since it's brand new, i'm taking it down to the dealership the first chance i have (which will be in a week).
in the meantime, anyone else have this problem?
thanks
greg

Macky
07-28-2004, 05:53 AM
do you have a pic of the x-drilled & slotted rotors? nad is that front and rear?

Knower
07-28-2004, 01:32 PM
hey there, as many of you know, i am the proud owner of a stunning apex silver evo. i noticed a problem almost immediately after driving it off the lot...
the passenger side front rotor is only wearing on the outer half. the inner half is still all rusted (you know, from sitting on the lot for a while). the driver side appears to be wearing normally. since it's brand new, i'm taking it down to the dealership the first chance i have (which will be in a week).
in the meantime, anyone else have this problem?
thanks
greg

I've had uneven wear from not having enough grease on the pins that the brake pad section of the caliper floats on, but this was after lots of driving. You must have something seriously screwed up for it not to be wearing at ALL on the inside part of the caliper. Get that documented (take pictures) and make absolutely sure you talk to whoever you need to in order to get that fixed and both rotors replaced under warranty (you should at least be able to get one rotor/set of pads out of them, but honestly, they should just replace them on both fronts so that they wear evenly in relation to each other).

For the r1concepts poster, this guy has a defective braking system that needs to be inspected, not just parts slung at him. :wink: