PDA

View Full Version : rx8?

1800-hustler
04-12-2004, 09:26 PM
http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25352
ok i was reading rx8 forum and found this..these guys are calling evo ugly and sayin rx8s brad pitt of japanese imports or something..seriously i think rx8s freakin ugly..it looks like some beefed up saturn...what do u guys think..

han74j
04-12-2004, 09:30 PM
hahahaha I almost got a RX-8 and thx god that i didn't!!! a stock SRT-4 can probably rape a rx-8 ahhahahahha!!! they got 100 less torq than hp the car is weak as hell!! Mazda offer all rx-8 owners 5 Gs or a full refund on their cars!!

why u ask? cause it suxed!!! too many complain to the company for the money they pay for the car they are not getting a product that can match the speed!

EVOs, STIs i haven't heard anyone complain about the cars yet!! they can talk all the shit they want! Its not about show but all about Go babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

rizalhoo
04-12-2004, 09:40 PM
hahahaha I almost got a RX-8 and thx god that i didn't!!! a stock SRT-4 can probably rape a rx-8 ahhahahahha!!! they got 100 less torq than hp the car is weak as hell!! Mazda offer all rx-8 owners 5 Gs or a full refund on their cars!! .....

ahahaha I too almost buy the RX-8 before I actually saw my evo in person :P

btw how much hp and tq is this srt-4 has? the other day I almost got raped by this srt-4 -back when I was still stock though-

edit: i just read some of those stupid posting from the link above ---- just wondering how come people are such a hater? i mean why do everyone hates evo? LOL I never read in here any of us talking crap about srt-4 or wrx, rx-8 or whatever car, ok maybe civic but they started it first!!! LOL

1800-hustler
04-12-2004, 09:46 PM
http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/02images/02sema/saturn_efx.jpg
rx8s big brother with COOL suicidal door

drmosh
04-12-2004, 09:50 PM
It's unfortunate, the RX-8 is one dog slow of a car, I can see minivans bashing on RX-8s.

Coolguy949
04-12-2004, 10:04 PM
the problem is the RX-8 is another marketing blunder for Mazda, AGAIN they mis-quoted HP like with the miata years ago. People are getting like 160 - 180whp with them (NOT on shiv's Dyno!)

JanSolo
04-12-2004, 10:42 PM
The RX8 is not a superbly powerful machine, no. But it is a decent track car and is a fun sporty car. Besides, swap in a RX7 engine and it is a whole different beast altogether.

han74j
04-12-2004, 11:02 PM
the SRT-4 its something like 210 hp with like 200 torq. but its almost like the evo pretty much the same if im correct!

IS2000
04-12-2004, 11:14 PM
I drove one (4 speed auto) and it was pretty fun.
Great handling, but pulls about the same as my stock VW on the straight. :D

nurb2
04-13-2004, 12:36 AM
I think they look tight, but the Evo is sooooo much faster and handles better too. They can keep the looks for all I care.

I've had two encounters with RX8's so far ... one geezer and his kid launched on me at a light, hidden two lanes over by a semi (I had no idea he was even there) ... then he stares me down as if he took me.:roll: Next light we both launch and I just embarrassed him ... completely no contest. As I was sitting at the next light, he came up slowly and got a rolling launch. He jumped about 2 cars, but then I just smoked him. I was actually embarrassed for him since he was trying to show off for his kid. My "launches" were around 2-3K so that's hardly even trying.

Next RX8 I came across was on Ortega, and I let him dog my bumper for awhile before I took off. I wanted to see if he could stick with me, and he actually stayed visible for about a minute before I completely lost him. A minute is about 45 seconds longer than most cars in the twisties, so it must handle decently, but it's no Evo.

I don't know ... they're cute I guess but it's not a serious machine like the Evo.

-nurb2-

re-EVO-lver
04-13-2004, 12:53 AM
This is a weak car, if you have to swap an engine from an older car to get where you want to go then your not getting your monies worth! I saw a magazine cover with an RX8 and it had a SR20det motor, that's bullshit, how can you claim to have an awsome car and then swap an engine from another manufacturer????WEEEAAAKK!!!

moogle
04-13-2004, 01:24 AM
I was one of the people who waited 2 yrs for them and was on the waiting list to get a rx-8. @first it said 300 hp and 200 mph speedometer, than 250, 248, now 230 something... I don't know. This car is a beauty to look, but dam 14-15 mpg average and only 180 hp to wheelz and u have to rev all the way to 8 rpm just to get that power. Sure its tight @ the turns but thats the only thing it got and u can get a 86 corolla, or a miata for that. There were alot of people from that board switching from rx-8 2 evo and I am glad I am one of them.

kaisho99
04-13-2004, 09:06 AM
On pure looks alone I think the RX8 is very sweet, great flowing lines and aggressive stance. I too had concidered it. But....could they have possibley made a more disappointing performance engine out of it! Jesus what a let down. And then to flat out lie to people about the HP, c'mon.

Uberoo
04-13-2004, 11:04 AM
I was really thinking about getting an RX-8 before I decided to get my STI. I spent a lot of time reading that forum. It's funny, 99% those guys over there are super nice and in general it's a cool board to go to. I still hit it up every day. The problems happen anytime someone makes a post comparing the RX-8 to another car. Holy crap all the niceties go flying out the window.

I think the main problem is there a lot of non enthusiasts who bought that car based on looks and thinking that because it looks fast it is fast. Now they feel any time someone compares their car to one that is as fast as it looks they feel their manhood is threatened or something like that. So they have to go and puff up their chests.

-uber

Takashi
04-13-2004, 01:16 PM
seriously, i think that the rx8 would be a great car if it had a stronger motor. what really sux is that the poor sales it's posting will probably mean that ford will put an end to any idea of an rx7 redesign.

oh, and when i was down at the cerritos mitsu/mazda dealership, i saw more than a dozen rx8s, in every color and iteration all lined up... it's obvious they're not selling well.

Takashi
04-13-2004, 01:36 PM
oh man, i just read through the whole thing... they pulled out the 'how many chicks do you get with an evo?' line. :)

but when it comes down to it, i dont care what other people think of my car (as far as looks are concerned). my friends give me shit all the time, and I DONT CARE. luckily, i like how it looks, but come on, i got it for the performance!

evogal
04-13-2004, 02:05 PM
I too was one that considered the RX-8. After reading about it for almost 2 years in the car magazines, seeing it for the first time at the LA Auto Show in '03 I could hardly wait for it to come out. I was dead set on getting that car, until I drove it. Both my husband and I thought that it was a huge disappointment. I think the 3rd generation RX-7 was faster. I think it looks great, but performance it doesn't have. I am really happy with the EVO. I wouldn't trade it in for anything else...except maybe a Porche 911 Turbo. :D

mprtklr
04-13-2004, 02:53 PM
"I mean I could be driving this evo with no mods, full interior, groceries in the back, and 3 girls ridin along, line up next to a "sporty-looking" 8 at a light and put about 2 1/2 bus lengths on one. So who looks retarded now? Any questions?"

this one is sooo good, its becoming my signature!!!

nurb2
04-13-2004, 03:04 PM
LOL. The RX8 is NOT pulling any chicks. Maybe he meant it's a car chicks want to drive ... sort of the next step up from a Celica, LOL.

Chicks love my car, at least the ones I've given rides too. Take one to the twisties and watch how fast the panties drop.

-nurb2-

mprtklr
04-13-2004, 03:18 PM
no what he said is that he could be in a fully loaded EVO and get 2 1/2 bus lengths on on RX-8

JanSolo
04-13-2004, 03:39 PM
I read in Modified Mag about the RX8 that was pushing 900hp. Of course, it was with an engine from the FD. Minus the upkeep the FD needs, that is one amazing car.

Anyhow, here is a link to the TopGear review of the RX8 (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andy.wray/topgear.wmv). They seemed to like it.

mprtklr
04-13-2004, 03:50 PM
ya, but 1:32. the evo did their little test in like 1:20...it was (dry british humor) pure hilarity (/dry british humor)

JanSolo
04-13-2004, 04:12 PM
ya, but 1:32. the evo did their little test in like 1:20...it was (dry british humor) pure hilarity (/dry british humor)

1.28.9 - close though! And that was the FQ300 (with ACD, AYC), not the USDM Evo. And the RX8 got a 1.31.8.

Takashi
04-13-2004, 04:19 PM
Chicks love my car, at least the ones I've given rides too. Take one to the twisties and watch how fast the panties drop.

OMG! quote of the fucking year!

drmosh
04-13-2004, 05:22 PM
I read in Modified Mag about the RX8 that was pushing 900hp. Of course, it was with an engine from the FD. Minus the upkeep the FD needs, that is one amazing car.

Anyhow, here is a link to the TopGear review of the RX8 (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andy.wray/topgear.wmv). They seemed to like it.

Go back to your hole bitch and stop being a magazine racer.

:lol:

JanSolo
04-14-2004, 04:36 PM

Go back to your hole bitch and stop being a magazine racer.

:lol:

Don't make me ban you, you bearded whore mongler. :P ;)

perversity
04-14-2004, 11:12 PM
Wait until people put forced induction on their RX8. then they might have the power that they thought they were getting...

ZZ-top
04-15-2004, 02:35 PM
I think Evo realy have not ideal design, but Evo its a non compromise 100% sport rally bolid with 4wd and turbo motor.

Rx-8 is a same different car. Its a car for people who do not investigated any thing in real sport car.

Rx-8 have only 1 real cool thing. Its his rotor Motor , working on Vankel cycle.

Macky
04-15-2004, 04:23 PM
i never once even considered the RX8. i am just brand loyal i guess, but i never liked the prototype nor the actual car, never mind what it can (or cant) do.

i have mitsubishi in my family blood. we owned mitsu cars ever since i was born. back in asia, we started with a galant sigma (bought when i was 1), then a galant GTi with the N/A 4G63, a lancer GLXi (1.6 sohc I-4), then a Galant VR (2.0 dohc v6 @ 165 hp), and an L300 van (2.0 sohc I-4). all are still at out home in Manila, gathering dust.

so when me moved here my first car was a 3000GT n/a (dohc V6) and that alone outran (with intake, dp, cats and exhaust) an RX8 by pulling car lengths from a roll and a stop. and the 3000GT i had was a used 95 5-speed. the RX8 is weak in my "spirited driving" category and just looks like a soap bar imho :lol: . the swing-out doors cry "saturn" on them, and, well, the car just looks plain weird to me. its not ugly but definitely weird in the strictest sense.

just my .02