PDA

View Full Version : Jack Point?!?!?!?!

han74j
04-12-2004, 10:55 PM
hey i saw this post on Evom, i was wondering if i can use these points as jack points.

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album08/jacking_Under_the_car_look1.sized.jpg

The back look kinda ify, but front i used it before, jsut wondering if i bent my frame or not. anywhere else i can jack up all 4 points? thx

Dr. Evo
04-13-2004, 10:06 AM
Lifting it from the frame points you have circled should be fine. The front is where it would be lifted on a hoist, and the back is the same piece of the vehicle, so you won't damage the frame or anything. Just watch out for fuel lines when you jack it up.

Dr. Evo
04-13-2004, 10:09 AM
Actually, if you are going to raise all four corners at once, just go by the body seam points indicated by the factory owners manual (the ones that are circled in the picture in black, not red).

mprtklr
04-13-2004, 10:44 AM
i have a non-related question.. what is that little removable portion of the front bumper? under the passenger side, its the bottom of the front bumper?

GokuSSJ4
04-13-2004, 12:01 PM
thanks for the graph , i didn't know were the jack points were .. :? since i havent had the chance or need to do it on the car ...

Dr. Evo
04-13-2004, 03:29 PM
For some reason when they ship the cars to the dealership, there are a bunch of underpanels not installed that the PDI tech has to install. No apparent reason for them not installing them, but I think there may be tie down hooks under there. The next one I have in the air I will look.

han74j
04-13-2004, 03:36 PM
eah ya teh problem wiht the black circled ones is that i need to jack up the car and then use a jack stand.... so i jack up the car using that point and uses the jack stand for the red part....