PDA

View Full Version : need help. funny sound on my car

gshock
04-14-2004, 03:48 AM
need some help guys

my car has 1000 miles on it now . i can enough the car now :lol:

but today after i drove a little canyon road. when i turn the car at low speed or launh the car(nomal way.don't know how to launh the car fast and hard). it has some kind of loud sound from the car like metal touches and it's kind of loud , my friend can even heard from the outside of the car .. it was after the fuel light came on about 5 miles . don't know what that is . anyone can tell me what that is? and also after i fueled the car . the sound kind of gone . is it normal?

thanks
peng

leaveit2bevo
04-14-2004, 10:50 AM
could be the diff cause that sucker gets loud somtimes or this happened to me the thing to put on the spare tire wacked something and made a loud ass noise.

GokuSSJ4
04-14-2004, 11:37 AM
check your trunk to make sure everything is in place , check your spare as well. You dont want that to be loose and making all types of noise and you start to worry for no reason..

apexstrafer
04-14-2004, 11:49 AM
hm, there shouldn't be any loud metal-on-metal sound when just taking off normally. I've been getting a loud "WHACK" sound from mine lately, but that's when snapping the clutch out too hard when shifting under power. supposedly, it's my rear diff...but that definitely shouldn't come into play in normal driving. check your trunk as these guys said, and if there's nothing there, take it to the dealer.

gshock
04-14-2004, 02:13 PM
thanks guys . i will check it

peng

gshock
04-14-2004, 11:57 PM
ok . i checked the trunk and everything is in place .

but today after i dorve like 50 miles . it comes again.when i take off and the sound is really loud . my friend who was outside of the car said that when i make a u turn in front of his house . he told me is loud when i change the gear. is it prosible because of the clutch? is so? where can i fix it or how?

QuickShifter
04-15-2004, 12:43 AM
I suppose your car is stock and if im right then you should definatly take it to mitsubishi, ive heard huntington beach will help you the best, youve got warranty so just take them for a ride and have them figure it out

gshock
04-15-2004, 02:42 AM
thanks quickshifter

will check again with my car . then i will go to HB.