PDA

View Full Version : BAD day for wayne at speedventures

CACalomino
04-14-2004, 01:34 PM
Well for those that went to the thunderhill speedventures event prob got a ride with wayne and his stolk white evo with toyo ra-1 rubber and could not beleive what a stolk evo could do. Trust me I was :shock: the whole time I was in the car.

Well I guess the MOtor went pop :cry: sad ot hear but good out come thow I just hope the rest of us track junkys dont have this prob keep that eye on those oil temp and oil pressure guages people

here is a lnk to the thread

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69827&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Blak94GSX
04-14-2004, 01:46 PM
Typical excessive detonation piston/ring failure. Cylinder bore scoring is almost always the end result.

Needs better fuel or less boost/timing.

mr. evo
04-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Hey CACalomino, his car is red... not white. And we did the repairs.

CACalomino
04-14-2004, 02:13 PM
I feel like a dip shit now :( I guess I got him mixed up with somebody else taht was involved with speedventures and wore a ferrari hat all day long hamer on head.

Well anyways still glad to see the car was covered and fixed by Mitsu :D I guess I have alittle faith in warranty work on my car *** hope I never have any probs***

Coolguy949
04-14-2004, 02:17 PM
YOU got em mixed up. Aaron was the guy with the white evo, the red Evo belongs to the guy from Pulp racing.

GokuSSJ4
04-14-2004, 04:14 PM
i was about to say , you are confusing Aaron with Wayne , besides doesnt wayne have JIC set up as well.... like Blurr ( Matt)

robi
04-14-2004, 04:37 PM
After chasing the Buschur/RRE/JIC evo even Wayne admitted that without the Muellerized JIC’s “Resistance was futile”

han74j
04-14-2004, 05:00 PM
was hes car stock?

Ricardon
04-14-2004, 05:06 PM
How many short blocks is that now Josh? Time for a project stroker...wayne looks like he can afford it hehehe. Clog in the oil return line he says? What the hell hapened Josh? I'm curious!

GokuSSJ4
04-14-2004, 08:59 PM
i can hope for the best that this is not something it becomes common :? :shock:

mr. evo
04-15-2004, 08:19 AM
No coment...

No acctualy #1 piston was rubbing on the cylinder wall and three lifters went dead. Don't realy know how it happened or why, the silicone in the oil return was just an educated guess. The lifters didn't seem to have suficiant oil flow so that is why we think those went dead. As far as the piston rubbing on the wall... no idea.

GokuSSJ4
04-15-2004, 08:25 AM
do you think , or is there a way to know before all of this goes ?? can you hear the lifters knocking ....:? if there runing low in oil....

leaveit2bevo
04-15-2004, 01:11 PM
No coment...

No acctualy #1 piston was rubbing on the cylinder wall and three lifters went dead. Don't realy know how it happened or why, the silicone in the oil return was just an educated guess. The lifters didn't seem to have suficiant oil flow so that is why we think those went dead. As far as the piston rubbing on the wall... no idea.

is that a problem because of hard turns?

izzy
04-15-2004, 03:01 PM
IIRC Wayne also blew his motor not long ago and he had a WORKS mail flash at the time, which for some has shown to run lean on the dyno. IMO, not the way to go if you're going to be racing. Get a "tuned" flash instead. Don't know about Aaron though, hopefully he didn't follow Wayne's footsteps and got the same flash done....

Blak94GSX
04-18-2004, 06:59 PM
Yeah exactly. A through the mail flash can't be tuned for max power and still be safe, although still maybe an improvement over stock, it won't compare to a real custom tuned flash.

The concernining part is that Wayne's failure was obviously detonation related, and unless he has changed the tune on the car it should blow up again soon. It was nice of the dealer to replace the motor this time, but they may not be as helpful the next time.

Killing a rod bearing or main bearing like that means the motor is detonating badly.

izzy
04-18-2004, 10:56 PM
Looks like Wayne blew up again today at OTC ....

http://www.otcevo.com/diary.asp

Another casulaty today was Wayne Mello in the red EVO. He's had quite bad luck with the car starting with a blown up clutch, then a blown up motor, and now another blown block. The rod bearings also spun on the EVO and it looks as if he's out for the rest of the week. There's quite a bit of speculation on what went wrong, but the consenses seem to be the ECU tuning. Even with race gas, there was a lot of detonation which took out the motor.

GokuSSJ4
04-19-2004, 08:42 AM
i wonder what ecu program he is running in the car , is it a flash , piggy or stand alone ???? :? :?

izzy
04-19-2004, 09:21 AM
He posted on EvoM that he has HKS cams and Works flash among other things in this thread while trying to figure out how the first one blew.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69905

GokuSSJ4
04-19-2004, 10:24 AM
they ran the wrong fuel , 92 to went he is tune for 100 .. that will make a huge difference ....:shock:

izzy
04-19-2004, 10:28 AM
He was running race fuel at OTC this weekend and still blew.

GokuSSJ4
04-19-2004, 11:14 AM
yeah , on that then i wonder what problems he is facing then .. That was at least on the before this current incident ...

JanSolo
04-19-2004, 01:24 PM
WORKS tunes are generally a bit conservative (ie: run rich), just in case you are in the middle of nowhere and have no gas to choose from except 87 octane. From what I have heard, it sounds like a fuel delivery problem more than a reflash problem.

Coolguy949
04-19-2004, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I too heard he had fuel system problems.

izzy
04-19-2004, 01:25 PM
Coolguy949-

Interesting you would mention Vishnu. Why not Dynoflash, EvoFlash or Techtom? No one's comparing flashes here. IMO anyone that's considering putting their car through vigorous laps on a track would do themselves a favor by getting a tuned ecu, piggyback or whatever...
The Works flash may in your opinion be the best, but your opinion is a baised one cause you have it. I have nothing and not making any claims to who's better or not.

Now the question is if Works or whomever discovered the problem why wasn't if fixed and if it was fixed why did it still blow? Hard to believe that Wayne would intentially put the car through the wringer only to have it fail...

There are too many other sucessfull guys running on the track that poor tuning seems to be the culprit Wayne has been unfortunate of. Whoever tuned it should have realized the problems be it ecu, fuel pump or whatever and fixed it.

JanSolo
04-19-2004, 01:35 PM
Huh?

izzy
04-19-2004, 01:37 PM
Coolguy edited his previous reply so it now seems i'm responding to nothing.... Probably had second thoughts after posting it, but he wrote it, i read it and replied.

Coolguy949
04-19-2004, 01:42 PM
I deleted it cause it would just cause an unecessary flame war. Which you jumped right in on...sorry. My opinion is not biased. I've tried 3 flashes now to test and the P2 is the best one IMO. I'm not even gonna start on dynoflash. I spent a whole day last week trying to help a customer fix his car Al totally screwed up. It seems the ECU itself was damaged in the flashing process. Not to mention two of my close friends calling me to tell me they got ripped off by al because they dont feel a thing.

I have a standalone sitting in my garage waiting to go in. I'm really unbiased with these things as I've tested a lot of products for companies.

TylerO@WORKS
04-19-2004, 01:51 PM
He had a very conservative and safe tune from WORKS.

Right now it seems as most people are thinking fuel delivery problem...

We hope to have more on this soon.

izzy
05-06-2004, 11:35 PM
Have you found out what happened yet?