PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Exhaust?

Dr. Evo
04-15-2004, 03:46 PM
I am looking for the quietest exhaust system available for the Evo. Mostly concerned with freeway cruising noise/drone. I do want to do turbo back, however. Any input would be great. Thanks!

augi1
04-15-2004, 03:59 PM
I am looking for the quietest exhaust system available for the Evo. Mostly concerned with freeway cruising noise/drone. I do want to do turbo back, however. Any input would be great. Thanks!

AVO :bow:

Absinthe
04-15-2004, 04:21 PM
You know what would be a killer product?

one with the noise supression of the AVO that was carb certified and looked very much like the stock exhuast. Then I could go fast with out police harrassment

eVoL oNe
04-15-2004, 04:21 PM
JIC 505s SS with TI caniste :lol: :crazyeyes:

Blaze
04-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Find a system that uses resonators. This will reduce a lot of noise.

I suggest you attend the next meet and listen to several peoples exhaust before you make your purchase.

I have HKS and am local to Ontario, if you want to hear mine.

Cheers,

Jason

mprtklr
04-15-2004, 08:04 PM
mines loud...but sounds sooooo good....

GokuSSJ4
04-15-2004, 09:23 PM
AVO , and it looks almost stock ... great exhaust if you want quietness and also you are able to get gains out of it . Since it has been dyno proven....

Dr. Evo
04-15-2004, 09:55 PM
I have heard alot of good about AVO, but would love to hear some in person. I willplan to attend the next meet.

moogle
04-15-2004, 10:02 PM
I am guessing u want something street style. RMR exhaust, not 2 loud and the deep tone is just right. Cops don't even hesitate looking, they know it got a deep bass but they don't bother me and I live in the worst place to have an exhaust. HP is pruven 2 so I go for that... other suggestion would be B&B and perrin but I prefer RMR.

leaveit2bevo
04-15-2004, 10:03 PM
hahaha you could get the works exhale, if you think a 747 is quiet.

Dr. Evo
04-15-2004, 10:33 PM
Where oh where to buy this elusive AVO exhaust? Also, RMR's website seems to be down...

Dr. Evo
04-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Wait...those rocks Tyrone gave me are getting to me...RMRis working fine.

gt40
04-16-2004, 08:23 AM
Where oh where to buy this elusive AVO exhaust?check here:

www.turboperformance.net or

for all locations on their website:
http://210.15.220.239/html/locations.html

KU7484
04-16-2004, 05:16 PM
RMR catback and RMR dp i heard sounds stock.... probably a tad bit louder with the DP... but most definetely RMR has good performance.... if you hit the throttle i heard there's a huge sound difference..

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-17-2004, 12:55 AM
how bout something thats not as expensive as AVO that would acheive, if not as quiet, a similar quality??

evo8jedi
04-17-2004, 09:03 PM
The Borla cat back is just a tad louder than stock. when I installed it I almost didnt notice a diffrence. but I love the tip on it.... My cat, and Downpipe are en route curious to see how much louder it gets?

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album76/Borla.jpg

SSwest
04-19-2004, 11:37 PM
The B&B system is pretty quite, just a bit louder than stock but with the gains. Here's a sound clip.

http://www.bbtriflo.com/B&B.htm

Dr. Evo
04-20-2004, 11:12 AM
Anything CARB legal besides RMR?

GokuSSJ4
04-20-2004, 11:16 AM
talked to Roschon at Brainstorm and they will start to carry the new AVO exhaust which is 3" all the way .. no more tapper ... An is one of the most quiet exhaust out there ...

han74j
04-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Buschur loud assss hellll

Takashi
04-20-2004, 03:10 PM
fujitsubo. no experience with em, but very quiet, or so i've heard.

shl200m
04-21-2004, 03:45 PM
hks carbon ti ... very quiet :wink:

Hallster
04-22-2004, 08:22 PM

I had the same concerns and took a risk ang got the Buschur muffler delete.
It is so freaking quiet I can't see why Mitsu even bothered with a muffler in the first place.

FYI, I'm SLO town native. Lots of *killer* back roads to drive up there... My record from Paso to Heritate Ranch gate(Lake Nacimeinto) is 8 minutes.
I cant wait to take the Evo on the sweeper after you turn onto lake road. If you haven't driven it. Check it out.

Sean

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-22-2004, 08:24 PM
hks carbon ti is sooo not quiet bro!!! my neighbor says you can hear mine when im 2 blocks away homie lol

IS2000
04-23-2004, 01:10 AM
Get an exhaust that look close to stock.
My RMR is pretty quiet, but the cop still pulled me, and said my exhaust looks modified. :ghey:

Ricardon
04-23-2004, 01:24 AM
It's been said a couple of times so far but the AVO is probably the quitest cat-back on the market. There is NO difference over stock with just the cat-back, and not much louder than that when in full turbo-back form (with a stock cat of course). The other cool thing about the AVO is that the can is very recessed, not up close to the bumper. Meaning it's really rather difficult to see polished can from behind the car, it really does look like it's almost stock. I don't have one on my car, but if I didn't have an exhaust already and I had the money I'd go with the AVO hands down!

donatevo
05-26-2004, 05:08 PM
I agree, AVO is really quiet, just like stock. I've seen and heard it at brainstorm.

Sosa
05-26-2004, 08:56 PM
DR Evo is running a prototype DSS (diamond star specialties-- big on the old dsm scene) exhaust right now. It's going to be completed soon, and it sounds like stock and will look like stock. Just a tad deeper, but NO DRONE whatsoever, and like i said, sound is quiet (his wifey didn't even complain!!!). As for the power-- they'll have to do a before and after dyno, but the car pulls HARD all the way to redline (i used to feel a dead spot a little above 5 grand) and the power is always there. We'll have to have a little run soon and see if he can pull me, but the car truly feels stronger than my Z (intake, exhaust, hf cats, intake plenum, and pulleys), whereas before my car had quite a bit more top end.

btw, it's a turboback exhaust he has on right now.

PK@WORKS
05-26-2004, 09:07 PM
Have you 'heard' the WORKS Stealthworks Exhaust? Probably not because the thing is so darn quiet- even with completely straight pipe upstream.
The WORKS Stealthworks Exhaust is a stock EVO 8 muffler that we cut open, modify internally to free up flow, weld back up, and repaint flat black. 8) Presto! You have an exhaust that looks like stock, fits like stock, sounds like stock, and performs like +10 bhp (not as much as with the Exhale AB) but the sound to performance ratio is well worth it if that's your priority.
We can modify your existing exhaust, do it on a core exchange basis, or provide you with a brand new WORKS modified OEM unit. The cost is going to be in the neighborhood of $170-$200 range.
We haven't officially released the product yet but we are far enough along where we can start taking pre-orders. The more pre-orders we take, the quicker we'll get it to market.
Please call us if have any questions. :?:

han74j
05-27-2004, 02:57 AM
Bushur SCCA w/ Magnaflow muffler i think its very quiet! sounds like stock almost

Hallster
05-28-2004, 10:13 AM
Anything CARB legal besides RMR?

FYI, CARB legal doesn't apply to anything after the Cat.

Edit: In other words, you don't need to have a carb approved cat-back pipe for it to be smog legal.

Sean

Guack007
05-28-2004, 10:44 AM
Anybody have anyexperience with the GramLights Dragon 57 exhaust? Its 2.75in. so it shouldn't be too loud. The only place I've found it is MackinIndustries and they haven't replyed to my email in over a week.

Takashi
05-29-2004, 10:54 PM
talked to Roschon at Brainstorm and they will start to carry the new AVO exhaust which is 3" all the way .. no more tapper ... An is one of the most quiet exhaust out there ...

by the way, how is it a full 3" exhaust? does it use a cat-delete pipe or does it use a highflow cat?

gt40
05-29-2004, 11:10 PM
make sure the muffler is 3". I have the avo and it is good quality and quiet but the muffler is 2 and something...

GokuSSJ4
05-30-2004, 02:08 PM
the AVO tappers to 2.5 , i have pics of it :wink: where it meets the cat (since you are able to run with stock cat ) and after cat .
3" systems are great !! from DP to high flow cat 3" to rear section to muffler .