PDA

View Full Version : i asked this once, maybe this can get someones attention?

eVoL oNe
04-15-2004, 07:58 PM
I posted this on the other thread about coolants......maybe someone can help?

Okay i have this problem of understanding what this part does, its the white container that is attached to the radiator to dump out the unused coolant??

On the containor it has 2 lines, one says half full, and the other is just full, i understand coolant should be in that at the full line......

Does that mean i should fill it up or leave it? The dealer never put coolant in that untill i asked them, every evo i see has that containor filled up.....i just put some 2 weeks ago and now its empty....someone please help, thnx

Blaze
04-15-2004, 09:26 PM
I'm away from my car right now....

Are you talking about your coolant resevoir? The level of this may change depending on your environment and the temp of your engine. When you engine is hot, it may expel coolent into the container. When it cools off, it will draw it back in. When the engine is cool, fill it up. The engine will level it on it's own.

If you're talking about the FMIC sprayer, keep it full.

If you're talking about your blinker fluid, don't EVER let that run dry!

Cheers,

Jason

leaveit2bevo
04-15-2004, 09:36 PM
its suppost to be at half full when the engine isnt running when it is the radiator will dump coolant into it making it full.

evo8jedi
04-17-2004, 09:08 PM
If you're talking about your blinker fluid, don't EVER let that run dry!

the classics never die

mprtklr
04-17-2004, 11:22 PM
for the inexperienced....

http://www.geocities.com/changeyourblinkerfluid/blinkerfluid1.html

http://www.geocities.com/changeyourblinkerfluid/post-3-1035775595.jpg

Dr. Evo
04-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Don't fill the bottle all the way with the engine cold. I mean don't top it off. Put it to the line that says "Full". When the car gets hot it can push fluid into the bottle, so you want the extra room. However, under no circumstanses should that bottle EVER be empty. If you fill it to the Full mark, tyhe fluctuations should never push coolant out onto the floor or suck the bottle dry. There cars run way to efficienlty for that. If the bottle is ever empty you may have a coolant leak from your motor somewhere (externally or internally). Let me know what it is doing. Check it cold in the morning before you start up every day, and report your findings.