PDA

View Full Version : Scandulous cop + Pissed off dirt kid = almost rodney king

CACalomino
04-15-2004, 11:59 PM
Well tonight on my way home ** not gona give location cause I know POPO are watching*** Well im minding my own buis doing the speed limit listening to some tunes relaxing on my way home when I get the red and blue and the spot light WTF :x .

Well the cop comes up local PD and says do u know why I stopped u? I replied well it was not for speeding thats for sure but no I dont know why u stoped me. Well your exhaust is just alittle loud. I responded well for one I was in 5th doing 45 so I doubt u heard that in your car and secondly its legal and i have the paper work right here pulled out my sticker and he goes over it and then hands it back saying well ok but u know your guages are visual distraction right. I told him that they were lower than my eye level and and are not in my view so no there not a visual distraction. Since when is monitoring your cars vitals a crime or illegal? It keeps the air cleaner cause my car is always running in a perfect state because I can keep tabs on it. COP just snarls at me and gives me that im gona beat u look. HE then tells me to pop my hood etc and get out of the car. I replied mad as hell now. Sure officer when u show me a warrant. He tells me he dones not need one and has suficient evidence to search cause of my exhaust. I laugh saying I showed u paper work that its legal so that should tell u I play by the rules. He tells me in a loud and stern voice to get out pop my hood and he is leaning on my door and in my face. :evil: I have had enough of this shit I get out of my car and say this is a illegal search etc and I close my door. I tell him if he opens my door and pops my hood its illegal search etc cause I refuse to do so. He asks me again this time with his hand on his baton. I grab my phone off my hip and speed dial to my dad and then put the phone out for him to hold and said talk to my lawyer. He grabs the phone and then close's it and walks up to me and puts the phone in my chest and says get in your car and get the fuck out of my sight or else. At this point I was not gona push my luck any farther and ask "OR WHAT" I got in my car htis guy fallowed me for 5 miles no matter how many times I changed lanes or how many streets I went down.

Needless to say I will be changing my plates ASAP cause this guy will rape me next time he see's me do anything.

But I was not gona get harrassed by the man throwing a badge in my face on a power trip and profiling me

-chris

re-EVO-lver
04-16-2004, 12:26 AM
Once again an example of needless bullshit law enforcement has started praticing. I support cops and know that they are supposed to protect and serve. But when they act like this.....@!(&^#&$(&#!(*#^*^$)(!*@&!)*^$(@&^)!(#&(&@$# :cop:

moogle
04-16-2004, 01:44 AM
No need I know its the 909 cops. Corona cops are fags!!! U heard me!!! FAGS!!! Stop spying over here bcz u aint getting nothing!

Coolguy949
04-16-2004, 04:21 AM
Dang Chris, you've got some juevos man. I'd be scared half to death to do that!

EVO Neil
04-16-2004, 07:22 AM
Nice! You knew you were in the right and stood up for your rights. Nice! He had nothing on you which is why he got pissed off.You should have called in on him and reported him for harassing you after the stop.

perversity
04-16-2004, 08:21 AM
This makes me so mad. I am glad you stuck up for yourself, but you should never have been pulled over in the first place! BTW, what paperwork do you have for your exhaust? that sounds like handy paperwork to have...

mprtklr
04-16-2004, 08:29 AM
if he wanted to search your car, he could, he does not need a warrant to make you open your hood...and no lawyer is going to stop him from it.

Ricardon
04-16-2004, 10:13 AM
if he wanted to search your car, he could, he does not need a warrant to make you open your hood...and no lawyer is going to stop him from it.

This point has been debated and debated a million times over. They need probable cause to pop your hood...period. The question of what can give them probable cause is what the fuss is about though. As soon as the cop gave the reason for the stop being his exhaust, and as soon as Chris showed him the paper work that was the end of his probable cause. He didn't have a leg to stand on, if he did and you gave him the attitude that you gave him you woulda been in the back of his car while her went through all your shit! Chris, nice job being prepared...that's the only reason you got off with this one! I'm very curious...what's this letter you have? Is it from the manufacturer?? Let us know!!

kaisho99
04-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Way to stand up for yourself man!

HKS is the only one with 50 state legal paperwork no? Man I wish I could score a copy. :twisted:

rEdEvO8
04-16-2004, 10:23 AM
Nice! You knew you were in the right and stood up for your rights. Nice! He had nothing on you which is why he got pissed off.You should have called in on him and reported him for harassing you after the stop.
Very Nice......... 8) Its great that you stood up for yourself
And what is this paper work you have :?: :?: :?:

Cr0mster
04-16-2004, 10:59 AM
I know that HKS will send you a letter stating your exhaust confirms to all california legal limits if you just call the number on their website. hksusa.com. This is from their website. I called and they will fax you one right then and there. Makes me glad I went with HKS. :)

Q: I have and HKS exhaust and I wanted to know if it is street legal and is there any documentation?

A: All HKS exhaust systems are engineered to comply with the 95dB noise limit law specified by the California Highway Patrol and the Society of Automotive Engineers - Except ones that are designated for Off-Road Use only.

Each system is individually designed for a specific application and complies with the requirements of Sections 27150, 27151 & 27200 of the California Vehicle Code; and Title 13 of the California code of Regulations, Section 10361, which establishes a noise limit of 95dB(A) for passenger cars. This statement applies to unmodified HKS exhaust systems that are less than 13 months old, are in good condition and which have been properly installed on the specific vehicle for which it was designed.

The age of your exhaust system along with certain engine modifications, such as headers, intake, etc., may also affect its current noise level output.

Please check with your local and state law enforcement agencies for exact regulation requirements.

If you would like documentation on HKS exhausts that meet this criteria, please contact either your local authorized HKS Dealer or our Tech line at 310 491 3300.

Dr. Evo
04-16-2004, 04:16 PM
[quote="kaisho99"]HKS is the only one with 50 state legal paperwork no?quote]

RMR says that their turbo back is CARB certified.

drmosh
04-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Only CHP can tell you to pop your hood, local POPO you can tell to fuck off and the only thing they can do is call the CHP.

CACalomino
04-16-2004, 11:55 PM
The paper work I have is form my first exhaust back in the day on my honda it came with my Greddy SP system stating all the legal codes and CHP laws etc that it confomes to the CA 95 DB limit.

I love that thing its saved my ass a few times

Ricardon
04-17-2004, 12:37 AM
hahaha...I can see it now! He prolly had it laminated because it was getting all ratty and tearing, had a coffee stain on it, some of that 909 dirt...LOL!!

DocMortal
04-17-2004, 01:27 AM
DAM cops hate those guys,they never have something better to do...

Glad you had the balls to stand up for yourself,to be honest I just do the they yes sir no sir routine and got off one speeding ticket that way...

Not to be racial or anything but if a latino like me siad that ,I think I would of got the beat down or got to sit in the back seat........ :shock:

hksevo8
04-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Goog for you. Most of the cops that have pulled me over and I have shown the paper work to, say that I need to present it to the judge, and still give me a fix it ticket. HKS will provide you with all the necessary paperwork showing that their exhausts conform to the law. Give em a call or check out the website hksusa.com. Once again "bravo to the man with major ones". I would not suggest being very lippy with many cops, because you never know what will set them off, but you had a very good approach! :shock:

evogal
04-18-2004, 10:33 AM
That really sucks what happened to you. Too bad you didn't get his badge number and report him for harassment.