PDA

View Full Version : Took me and my cousin 6 hours to install CAT!!!!

han74j
04-16-2004, 03:28 PM
for evos theres only 4 bolts that we have to lose then give it a few good jerk then the cat is off. probably 20-30 mins to take the cat off!

my cousin have a G35!!!!!

step 1: you have to take out a protect shield 7 bolts

step 2: take off lower arm bar! 8 bolts

step 3. take out cat hold down bar! 4 bolts

step 4: take off cat! 5 bolts!! now the trick starts here!!! the cat itself is not in the evo pos. but its more in the dp pos. there is 3 bolts on top, and very little room to move in. one of the bolts you can't get to it, if u bend the heat shield it would be easier. in the left side you also have to disconnect the steering wheel linkage! the process is slow!! then do the right!

step 5: take off the o2 sensor off the stock and put it into the new one! you can't get anything in there to take off the o2 sensor, so you need to bend the heat shield. beat that bitch down!!!!

the high flow cat saves about 7 ib off the stock 1 so total 14 ib.

key things to remember or the car will be fucked!! make sure 2 bolts that bolts on to the suspension be tied on at the same torq!!! and also the steering wheel linkage needs to be aligned!!

we started out with 3 of us, my cousin, my dad, and me. my dad left after 2-3 hours...... eah... we started at 8:15 ish, didn't finish until 3, cause we had to fix the torq and the steering wheel linkage!!

OMG the car is wacked!! never thought it would of took that long!! the car have 2 pipes coming out of the engine, and after the cat it connects back into 1 pipe. then after that a muffler. then it links to another muffler into 2 exhausts........... eah... dont even think about changing the dp urself. im soo hella tired omgggggggggggggggggggggggg

Dr. Evo
04-16-2004, 04:08 PM
6 hours??!! I did the cats on my 350Z in about 1 1/2.

han74j
04-16-2004, 04:10 PM
wow i guess im pretty luck then!! are the bottom pretty much the same?

Dr. Evo
04-16-2004, 04:26 PM
No it took me one and a half hours.

han74j
04-16-2004, 04:53 PM
lol really??? so u had to do all that???

GokuSSJ4
04-16-2004, 06:32 PM
i dont think vending the heatshield is the way to take it out :shock: , it maybe the fastes but not the right way .

Coolguy949
04-17-2004, 11:57 AM
...and then you get pulled over and go to the smog ref then you gotta do it all over again.... :)