PDA

View Full Version : How how how??

Muramasa
04-16-2004, 04:40 PM
:( How do you people get cool free stuff or sponserships and that sorts??

I got turned down by piaa, bride, and I forgot what other places...

Yup yup, hard to do mods when ure living off of grass on the lawn, cup noodles and tofu. =)

yup.. maybe I should start a new club called www.poorsocalevoowners.net
and all we have to do is meet 1nce a year because it would cost too much gas money for a meet every month and for the forum organization the mod page would be the main attraction and everyone would go "wooooww" and be in amazement whenever someone saves enough money from eatting cup noodles and does a mod!! Ok ok, Ill shut up and be retarded then.

How does everyone afford to maintain the money guzzling machine?? Tires are like 800 without installation, oil change is 70, paint jobs, chips.. etc.... ok.. this is getting off topic.... sorry.

Ricardon
04-16-2004, 05:49 PM
A lot of times it's being in the right place at the right time brother! There realy isn't a formula to most of it. Sure, there are guys that go looking for sponsorships and others who have sponsorships come to them because of their past projects, but for most pf us it's just dumb luck. Then when dumb luck happens a couple of times, you start getting good at being in the right place at the right time because you know what to look for. Check the boards a lot...a lot of development deals come through here as posts!!!! There's nothing cooler than getting to take advantage for a development deal, then having an affiliate of that company call you for something else etc...Free stuff does not suck!!!

drmosh
04-16-2004, 07:12 PM
Sponsor = Free is a HUGE misconception. Most sponsored people PAY, whether they pay cost or below retail is whatever deal they make with the manufacturer, but it's not easy to become sponsored.

robi
04-16-2004, 08:19 PM
My tires cost $80.00 mounted and wear a bit better than the advans...not as sticky but that's what the r compounds are for!
Dunlop SP FM901 GREAT cheap tire for the evo. And sponsorship takes ALOT of hard work and keeping the car in the public eye.

moogle
04-17-2004, 12:05 AM
PUBLIC eye can mean many things. My car has been in the public eye midnight through dawn in almost every city, and I am still not lucky "hehe."

rizalhoo
04-17-2004, 02:26 AM
a lil off topic : tires for $800 uninstalled? mann...thats super expensive..what tires are those? i got mine like $570 installed. its Nitto NT-555 =)

drmosh
04-17-2004, 10:45 AM
a lil off topic : tires for $800 uninstalled? mann...thats super expensive..what tires are those? i got mine like $570 installed. its Nitto NT-555 =)

NT-555 are not exactly the best tires though. :D

RA-1's are on the average 700-800 installed.

Hoosiers are about the same.

moogle
04-17-2004, 11:21 AM
:(
How does everyone afford to maintain the money guzzling machine?? Tires are like 800 without installation, oil change is 70, paint jobs, chips.. etc.... ok.. this is getting off topic.... sorry.

Every month I say bye bye to my money. LOL owning an evo is ridiculous!!! LOL O wellz.