PDA

View Full Version : Works

SSwest
04-19-2004, 04:31 PM
I have read that several of you have the Works P2. Is that in addition to the Works P1 Ecu also, or just alone. How does there ECU fair against the others. What kind of power gains do it give, or does it just allow you to config your setup perfect. Any insight?

ErroR
04-19-2004, 04:55 PM
P2 is a reflash.

Good power throughout the RPM range

JanSolo
04-19-2004, 05:13 PM
WORKS p1 & p2 are different flashes, though the p2 was built using some of the mappings and changes to the factory ecu that the p1 incorporated.

The big difference between the p1 and p2 is the control of boost. The p2 keeps peak boost sustained till rev limiter which is raised to 7850rpm.

Difference between the other flashes.

No idea really on the Dynoflash, though I do know it delays the boost taper by 10 minutes. Xflash apparently delays boost taper as well, though I am not sure by how much time. Furthermore, the Xflash removes a boost pill restrictor so your boost will spike up to 25 psi, especially if you put on an aftermarket blow off valve such as the WORKS/GFB blow off valve (does a partial vent and recirc and is user tunable).

I've driven both an Xflash powered car and a P2 powered car. P2 does not have the initial surge that the Xflash cars have, but since it sustains boost, some people who have raced have found that the P2 cars beat Xflash cars. Of course, your mileage may vary. There is a thread concerning a race between the P2 vs Xflash powered cars over at NorCalEvo.net.

GokuSSJ4
04-19-2004, 05:43 PM
p2 works is great !!! made 295whp with other mods on it ... :cool:

leaveit2bevo
04-19-2004, 06:52 PM
P2 is the hot shit, who diss it?

drmosh
04-19-2004, 07:17 PM
P2 holds 18-20 psi all the way to my new found 7800 redline. Timing advance at the bottom end gives me a little more low end grunt. P2 is also a flexible flash, able to be retuned say you get cams, or exhaust, or bigger turbo.

rizalhoo
04-19-2004, 07:24 PM
where's all of dynoflash fan???? LOL

leaveit2bevo
04-19-2004, 07:31 PM
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/other_stuff/big_gay_al.jpg

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/leaveit2bevo/alfried1.sized.jpg

SSwest
04-19-2004, 11:30 PM
Damn Bevo, everytime I read one of your post I laugh. This one tops them all. Plus everytime I see Dave with those white lips I just start laughing, "I love Red Balls."

moogle
04-20-2004, 12:21 AM
Basically what did al did to u that made u diss on him everypost someone says about dynoflash. Did he burn u out or hurt ur feelings???

JanSolo
04-20-2004, 12:24 AM
One thing not talked about is the power gains. Most people get around 25whp with the P2. What you will notice the most is that up top, your car keeps on pulling and pulling. And obviously, since the car is running a bit leaner, your car will get better gas mileage. I actually end up using gas a bit quicker since I tend to keep boost going (the boost is addictive, damnit).

IS2000
04-20-2004, 12:37 AM
Works has great products and customer service. You can't go wrong with the P2. Their turbo kit will probably be my next upgrade (still saving up) :D

JanSolo
04-20-2004, 09:08 AM
Works has great products and customer service. You can't go wrong with the P2. Their turbo kit will probably be my next upgrade (still saving up) :D

Their turbo kit is insane. If I bought it (which I intend to do), the first thing I would do is buy new brake pads since you're gonna need them badly.

GokuSSJ4
04-20-2004, 11:14 AM
hahahaha!! need them for what Jan !!!, went your car is parked at the pits :roll: im looking in to the WORKS turbo kit as well ...
WORKS makes some excellent products , nothing but good things from them ....:cool:

gt40
04-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Basically what did al did to u that made u diss on him everypost someone says about dynoflash. Did he burn u out or hurt ur feelings???

Drop this already. It is already burnt ash and everyone knows how everyone feels.

moogle
04-20-2004, 01:31 PM

Drop this already. It is already burnt ash and everyone knows how everyone feels.

Drop what??? I don't know why bevo don't like al... its just a question. I am not blowing no smoke am I. "blowing" hooOOOOFFF HoofffFFF =]

*sigh* I'll search for it I guess...

hksevo8
04-20-2004, 08:38 PM
Damn it. Now I am really thinking about this reflash crap. I met ErroR (Dave) and he started to tell me about his. I am really interested in it, but am wondering how/if it is detectible buy a dealers service department. Anything that adds power, and increases fuel mileage is a total God send ($2.49 a gallon is sucking me dry!) :drool:

GokuSSJ4
04-20-2004, 09:33 PM
moogle if you have any questions on that subject , you need to PM Bevo or talk to him via AIM ... By you bringing it to the board which has been discuss plenty of times and ends up in to war ... is not helping out !!
Just PM Bevo about it , im sure he is more then willing discussing what the fuzz is all about ....

drmosh
04-20-2004, 10:14 PM
Damn it. Now I am really thinking about this reflash crap. I met ErroR (Dave) and he started to tell me about his. I am really interested in it, but am wondering how/if it is detectible buy a dealers service department. Anything that adds power, and increases fuel mileage is a total God send ($2.49 a gallon is sucking me dry!) :drool:

Flashes are not detectable, they change your maps, that's it. P2 might be detectable because of the new boost tube.

JanSolo
04-20-2004, 10:19 PM

Flashes are not detectable, they change your maps, that's it. P2 might be detectable because of the new boost tube.

*Might* even though the boost tubes look identical.

leaveit2bevo
04-20-2004, 10:38 PM

take the car to HB mitsu problem solved about warrety probs.

SSwest
04-20-2004, 10:47 PM
Whats required for an install and tune for the Works P2.

JanSolo
04-20-2004, 10:55 PM
The P2 is "pre-tuned" for your level of mods. Basically, you need to swap out the stock boost hose for their special boost hose assembly. Take about 45 minutes at the most to do. It basically entails removing your airbox, snorkel, etc and then removing the boost hose from the boost solenoid and then reattaching the WORKS hose assembly.

After that, you will hold 19psi to your rev limiter - which is raised to 7850rpm.

A number of people on SoCalEvo have them, so you could always ask to check out a members car and feel the difference for yourself.

gshock
04-21-2004, 01:17 AM
BTW. if i buy the p2 and then buy the turbo back . do i need to send the p2 back for a reflash for the turboback?

thanks

peng

GokuSSJ4
04-21-2004, 01:27 AM
just get the p2 with the turbo back or talk to Pete and let him know what you plan to do to the car....

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-21-2004, 01:28 AM
it would be a smart thing to do to get it reflashed with every mod you do...i think you should get the mods you want in your car then go and get ur P1/P2 that way ur all set...no sense in mailing ur ECU every time you decide to get something new added, you know.

GokuSSJ4
04-21-2004, 01:30 AM
thats the best way to do it , i waited till i did all the mods ( at the mean time , :wink: ) i plan to have for a while then P2 .. which works amazing ....

vroomevo
04-21-2004, 02:00 AM
if you already have boost controller, will P2 still be worth it?

EVC is holding boost steady till red line however, after 5k, feel like the car isn't pulling anymore.

also, do I need to drive to the shop to get P2?

GokuSSJ4
04-21-2004, 08:23 AM
here is the way it works , they change the hose assembly to hold boost till red line (if you dont have a boost controller ) but if you do , then you dont need the boost assembly , since the boost controller helps out on maintaining or adjust boost. You still need the P2 since is not just about holding boost till red line , but it changes your rev limiter , and also your air/ fuel at the top end, to match the amount of boost you are running compare to stock. Rob has it on his with an EBC and it works great , if you plan to run more the 19 psi ( like 20-21psi) then you need to make sure you let them know, that way they match everythign up to run that type of boost...

JanSolo
04-21-2004, 10:46 AM
if you already have boost controller, will P2 still be worth it?

EVC is holding boost steady till red line however, after 5k, feel like the car isn't pulling anymore.

also, do I need to drive to the shop to get P2?

No, you can mail them your ECU, they flash it and overnight it back to you. There is down time, but they try to minimize it by overnighting it to you.

GokuSSJ4
04-21-2004, 12:14 PM
or check them out the 5th ?? near lancaster rim of world ... right Jan !!!

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-21-2004, 01:41 PM
that problem ur having is the same problem im having with my boost controller...thats why the P2, which comes with its own new boost hose/tube, should correct that. with the Works setup it pulls really hard all the way to 7850 rpm!

vroomevo
04-21-2004, 01:52 PM
so, 99bucks for the P2 from Work right? can't go wrong with 99bucks!!

$99 Work P2 and vs $175 DynoFlash(now on sale).
:roll: :roll: :roll:

vroomevo
04-21-2004, 01:54 PM
btw, any estimated hp/tq gain of P2 vs Dynoflash?

leaveit2bevo
04-21-2004, 02:37 PM
lol um you need the p1 and the p2 so that makes $600 lol sry to be the burn.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-21-2004, 03:07 PM
yeah you cant just get the P2 by itself and expect to pull hard...you need the P1 first...cuz P2 is an upgrade to the first one...correct me if im wrong bevo. but yeah 600 bucks...its worth every penny man trust me.

vroomevo
04-21-2004, 04:39 PM
lol um you need the p1 and the p2 so that makes $600 lol sry to be the burn.
:shock: :shock:
i c.

GokuSSJ4
04-21-2004, 06:06 PM
btw, any estimated hp/tq gain of P2 vs Dynoflash?

dyno 295whp and 285tq on 1.2 bar , which will be adjust it to 1.3 bar by Pete since im running a FMIC by AVO ... which affects the boost
so over 300whp , no problems !!! hehehe
then again i just dont have the P2 by WORKS but other things as well, turbo back , FMIC AVO , and 264/272 ....:cool: all on 91 octane ...

ek9jdmhb
04-21-2004, 07:54 PM
Do you think its worth getting the p1/p2 combo, or get a utec for 400 more? I was saving for the utech but now I dont know.

vroomevo
04-21-2004, 07:58 PM
ha!! UTEC!! there are so much out there!! just can't decide which one to get!!

ErroR
04-21-2004, 09:25 PM
You DO NOT need to have the P1 before the P2. They are just different options. P1 is ECU flash only, P2 also gives you a boost tube and some other changes that allow you to hold boost to the redline.

leaveit2bevo
04-21-2004, 10:31 PM
you need to get have the p1 thats why it costs 600 for both.

GokuSSJ4
04-21-2004, 11:57 PM
with the UTEC and any other piggy back out there , is a must that you find a good tuner for it . The unit is as good as the person that tune's your car..
getting the WORKS Brainflash , if you want the P2 is 599.00 which involves the FLASH from the P1 and the P2 which is control of boost .. till red line ... You won't have any regrets + they warranty for 3 years their work ...

JanSolo
04-22-2004, 12:17 AM
or check them out the 5th ?? near lancaster rim of world ... right Jan !!!

I thought it was the 7th & 8th? Yeah, WORKS will be at Rim of the World where I believe they are going to have a booth. I will also be there with the wife, rhymin and stealing.

You should swing by and talk to Pete and company.

GokuSSJ4
04-22-2004, 12:19 AM
i wasnt sure on the date ,thats all .. im sure after SOW pete will look at the boost :wink: but ill probably or will stop by ....

JanSolo
04-22-2004, 07:30 AM
i wasnt sure on the date ,thats all .. im sure after SOW pete will look at the boost :wink: but ill probably or will stop by ....

WORKS Whore. :P

GokuSSJ4
04-22-2004, 08:34 AM

learning from the BEST !!!!! :lol:

JanSolo
04-22-2004, 09:38 AM

learning from the BEST !!!!! :lol:

Bevo is not that good.

GokuSSJ4
04-23-2004, 08:59 PM
hahahah!!! Jan do you know if WORKS is going to come out with FMIC piping ???? similar to Buschurs ??

JanSolo
04-23-2004, 09:32 PM
hahahah!!! Jan do you know if WORKS is going to come out with FMIC piping ???? similar to Buschurs ??

Not that I know of. Actually, you really should ask Pete when you see him at Rim of the World. He doesn't really tell me about new stuff, I just kinda overhear him talking about it every now and then.

GokuSSJ4
04-25-2004, 09:57 PM
ahh c'mon your there every weekend ... im sure all you ask is about the turbo kit :wink: ...im sure your driving Pete nuts ....LOL....

robi
04-25-2004, 10:15 PM
Every weekend Hell he's there any time he can get there!

ez76
04-25-2004, 11:28 PM
serious question, what is the best trap speed anyone has ever posted with either a WORKS staged package or even just WORKS tuning of other companies' parts?

ostensibly, the SCC shoot-out results did not represent WORKS at their best, neither did their tuned customer's performance at OTC, SO ... what are WORKS cars capable of?

GokuSSJ4
04-26-2004, 08:56 AM
Every weekend Hell he's there any time he can get there!

yeah , i think he has a bed next to Pete's office .. Im sure he even carry's pics of the entire WORKS team ... Maybe that was the main reason why David left , he couldn't take Jan a bit more :lol:

IS2000
04-28-2004, 12:06 AM
I wonder when will Works be in SoCal again? I'm ready to get cams and possibly their turbo kit.

Coolguy949
04-28-2004, 12:08 AM
I will ask them for you.

JanSolo
04-28-2004, 07:45 AM
I heard some interesting news about the turbo kit actually. Not sure how much I can say other than the parts are basically done being fabricated, so they should start taking pre-orders for them very soon.

Oh, I think WORKS is gonna be at the Streets of Willow on the 30th of this month, day after EOC.

tama_mog
04-28-2004, 11:14 PM
I've heard a lot about the turbo kit as well....according to pete, theres some top secret delays going on because they think they've found a way to spool the turbo faster, guess we'll all know in a couple weeks.

gshock
05-07-2004, 06:40 PM
one more stupid question

if i want to get the works p2. i need to mail them my ecu and then i need to install them myself,right? is it hard? any installation with pics?

thanks
peng

TrickedOutEVOVIII
05-07-2004, 07:23 PM
yes when you mail them your ECU they flash it for you and mail it back to you with your Works boost tube for the P2. The installation is very very easy, you can do it in your garage with the proper tools. I did it in about an hour, no pics though im sorry, im sure someone else took pics.

Aleks

TylerO@WORKS
05-11-2004, 04:26 PM
There are pictures in the instructions and WORKS is only a phone call away if you need more help!

That and the massive forum know-how.

Good luck.