PDA

View Full Version : Best Pistons?

han74j
04-20-2004, 01:49 PM
I planning to do this in the future, but want the knowledge now.

Who makes the best internal stuff for Evos? how r they working on ur car?

not sure if all these companys makes parts for evo, but they all make internal parts

For Rods:

Carrillo
Crower
Cunningham
Eagle ESP
Oliver
Pauter
Race Engineering

For Block Sleevs/Gauards

AEBS
Darton

Crankshafts

AEBS
Scat Enterprises
HKS
JUN

CAMS

AEBS
ommpetition
Crane
Crower cams & equipment
JG Edelbrock
Skunk2
Toda
Web cam Racing
HKS
Jun

Valvetrain

Copetition cams
Crne cams titanium Retainer kit
crower cams & equipment
ferrea racing components
Manley performance
group a autosports
Toda
Web Cam Racing

WOT
04-20-2004, 04:00 PM
carillo rods, stock block, je pistons & pins. Very good experience with these components. Only pieces I can coment on.

drmosh
04-20-2004, 05:02 PM
"Best" is subjective when it comes to building built engines. So many parts are custom done that you can have all kinds of different specs, it depends on who wants to fab them for you and how much they want to charge you.

I don't think yer ready to ask these questions yet.

There are also many local shops that'll fab parts like cams and such to custom specs which may work better.

You are also forgetting some other CAM makers like Piper and Works.

han74j
04-20-2004, 05:04 PM
"Best" is subjective when it comes to building built engines. So many parts are custom done that you can have all kinds of different specs, it depends on who wants to fab them for you and how much they want to charge you.

I don't think yer ready to ask these questions yet.

There are also many local shops that'll fab parts like cams and such to custom specs which may work better.

You are also forgetting some other CAM makers like Piper and Works.

lol thx

Coolguy949
04-20-2004, 05:12 PM
You shouldnt need new pistons the evo. Unless you plan on driving around a 600 whp evo running 30 psi of boost, pistons arent really going to be an issue.

GokuSSJ4
04-20-2004, 09:36 PM
once i plan to run the stroker kit , then Toda kit is a must :cool: other wise , theres no need at the moment heheh... valvetrain , well it depends what cams you are planning to run. Then valvetrain comes in mine , because what good is to run hks springs if you plan to run tomei or pipers cams which have huge lift of 11.5mm ...
match the cams with the valvesprings that there design for ..-

han74j
04-20-2004, 09:58 PM
once i plan to run the stroker kit , then Toda kit is a must :cool: other wise , theres no need at the moment heheh... valvetrain , well it depends what cams you are planning to run. Then valvetrain comes in mine , because what good is to run hks springs if you plan to run tomei or pipers cams which have huge lift of 11.5mm ...

thx for the info on the valve springs and cam lifts!!! learn something new every day =0)

drmosh
04-20-2004, 10:12 PM

Toda kit LOL... go back to your cave.
:lol:

Stroker kits are unnecessary in the EVO, it's not a muscle car.

Just wait till I drop my RB26DETT in.