PDA

View Full Version : ARC radiator installed!

Ricardon
04-21-2004, 01:16 AM
Here it is, the ARC EVO 8 radiator:
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/Ricardon/DSCN2627.jpg
Thanks to Steve at Mackin! This radiator is absurd!! It's a tad larger than the stock radiator, but still fits in the stock mounting position, with the stock fan, and requires no modification to fit. Just drain the coolant, a couple bolts and it drops right in. Take the radiator cap off and it looks like the core is going to jump out at you, it literally comes right up to the opening! I have seen many race radiators, and have had a few installed on my previous cars and I can honestly say that nothing comes close to the look and feel of this piece. It is the best made radiator I have ever seen. Didn't get a chance to put it on the scale but from holding both, the ARC felt at least as light as stock if not lighter. No hard numbers here on temperatures, but the needle on the stock temperature guage is lower now. I'm waiting to see how it works with a set of samco hoses and an ARC 1.3 bar cap. The ratail price is a bit lofty, at just over $1300 it isn't cheap, but with ARC you get what you pay for, and this radiator could very well be the best radiator on the planet for the EVO 8. This is the first one outside of Japan, from what I understand they will be available here in the US soon. Radiators are often overlooked when modifying a car, but if you plan on going to the racetrack as often as I do, then it's good money spent! I will post exact dimesions and specs as soon as I get them.

gshock
04-21-2004, 01:21 AM
looks nice.........

what's the different between arc and avo . or which one is better?

vroomevo
04-21-2004, 01:25 AM
looks nice!! pricy too!! but get what you pay for right? 8)

CACalomino
04-21-2004, 01:27 AM
ya it looks great stuffed in the bumble bee now lets see how it does at SOW

GokuSSJ4
04-21-2004, 01:29 AM
hehe lets see if the bumble bee makes it to SOW , which i hope to see it going around in circles .. The radiator looks sick , eventually i will have Rich's money hahah and pick one of those up ...

ReHeat
04-21-2004, 01:31 AM
DAMN Rich, you're pimping! Now you need to get the ARC intercooler too!

Ricardon
04-21-2004, 01:39 AM
Thanks guys! Goku..."Rich's money"?? That's funny, actually the whole reason I'm not running the car in the first event...don't have the money to fix what I need to fix. The car runs fine for the street, but needs too much work to be track worthy right now. Back to the radiator...I really can't wait to get the car out to the track and flog the hell out of it in summer time, which is where I think I'll be glad I have this part on my car!!

han74j
04-21-2004, 03:26 AM
what does arc stand for? got web site? thx

AD_LIB
04-21-2004, 02:58 PM
ya that ARC intercooler is a bad mo fo, good times rich...cool beans..and all that noise ;)

VOLKevo
04-21-2004, 11:42 PM
Hello guys..just to help you out "ARC" stands for Arcadia.
Looks good Rich...thanks for all your help.
Coming Soon - Gramlight Dragon exhaust system..heehee.
ARC website : http://www.arcinter.co.jp/ or www.mackinindustries.com

GokuSSJ4
04-21-2004, 11:59 PM
looks great brah !!! i know went tracking the car .. you can always benefit from such unit ... specially went you start to put out more whp and tq .. to take best advantage of it ...

AD_LIB
04-22-2004, 02:40 PM
Anyone have specs on the ARC intercooler: size, pressure drop, core type, etc. ?

Ricardon
07-09-2004, 07:36 PM
OK, triple post here (just posted on the other two Mackin products) Info on the ARC radiator is coming very soon! I need to get hoses and a radiator cap to really take full advantage of this bad boy me thinks (a new thermostat wouldn't hurt the cause either)

Also, stay tuned for more ARC goodness...universal catch can coming soon, so guys don't have to modify the JDM EVO 7 version anymore hehe.

500whp
07-09-2004, 09:41 PM
OK, triple post here (just posted on the other two Mackin products) Info on the ARC radiator is coming very soon! I need to get hoses and a radiator cap to really take full advantage of this bad boy me thinks (a new thermostat wouldn't hurt the cause either)

Also, stay tuned for more ARC goodness...universal catch can coming soon, so guys don't have to modify the JDM EVO 7 version anymore hehe.

what you have in your car?? do you need a all these cooling upgrades?

Ricardon
07-10-2004, 08:20 AM
what you have in your car?? do you need a all these cooling upgrades?

Never hurts...IMO, as far as cooling and engine efficiency goes, there is no such thing as overkill! I do a lot of track days, and a lot are in the summer...you do the math hehe.

I'm so much more of the opinion that you build the car to perform well with all the stock power adders in place, make it as efficient as possible...i.e. unlocking "hidden HP" and the like. Then building the suspension and brakes. Do that before you start to go to work on the motor and you'll be faster than the other way around.

gnulooks
07-10-2004, 09:41 AM
I likes! That is a good mod to do especially in hot ass so. cal., Since I cannot afford this mod, does anyone know what something like Redline Water Wetter to help keep our cars cooler. Might be a quick fix for now...

Ricardon
07-10-2004, 02:46 PM
Yeah I love the thing, but I really think that a thermostat (prolly go with a raliart) will be needed to take full advantage of this piece. Good thing is that it's pretty cheap. I figure I can get hoses, thermostat, and a 1.3bar cap for under $300. Not a bad investment IMO, even if you have a stock radiator.