PDA

View Full Version : EVC Install/Boost Drop

Blaze
04-22-2004, 11:56 AM
Gents:

Quick question surrounding an HKS EVC install.

I've installed the unit as such:
Port A (tiny) to a vacuum source.
Port B (med) to the wastegate actuator
Port C (med) to the intake port off the turbo

**Note, the factory boost regulation system is not completely bypassed (as far as I can tell)

The result of the installation is that I now have control of my boost levels (duh). But, I'm still getting the same drop off in high RPMs that I had before.

Example: low-mid rpms the boost level stays at 1.4-1.5 bar. But in high rpms it will drop back down to 1.2 or 1.3 bar.

I hadn't really noticed this until I increased the boost while running race gas.

Suggestions? Is there another OEM bleeder valve somewhere that I missed?

Thanks for any input,

Jason

EvoVIII
04-22-2004, 12:53 PM
I think is ur ECU that is controlling it

Coolguy949
04-22-2004, 06:30 PM
According to your descriptions, you have the install wrong. Make sure the VAC lines to the stock BCS are not connected. The EVC should be standalone. Port B goes to a VAC source from the intake manifold, port O goes to the wastegate actuator, and port I goes to the boost source after the turbo (the other side of the "Y" on the stock boost lines.) It's a black nipple a few inches after the turbo outlet. Yo ualso want to avoid using the lines HKS provided with the boost controller, they are too large (6mm). Either get a 6mm > 4mm step down adapter or stretch the 4mm hose over the larger nipples on the HKS BCS.

Rob

TrickedOutEVOVIII
04-22-2004, 08:26 PM
get a P1/P2 homie...problem solved.