PDA

View Full Version : manifold / headers upgrade....

KU7484
04-27-2004, 01:11 AM
At what point should i think about adding new headers/manifold? I'm 100% sure im NOT gonna upgrade my turbo. I'll have a intake, bov, dp, catback, cat delete, o2 housing, S-AFC, manual boost controller, 264 272 cams, I/c piping, FMIC, injectors and fuel pump. IF i have these, is it safe to upgrade to headers? Or is that only for upgrading turbos? i was thinking about these... http://www.lancershop.com/engine_parts_evo_8.htm What other pre-required mods are there before i upgrade the manifold?

GokuSSJ4
04-27-2004, 01:18 AM
Rich is running the Borla header , its a nice piece ...
but do you plan to upgrade the turbo ??? cause if so then dont spend money on the header ... As far as manifold goes , a tuner has told me that 15-20 hp can be found with tuning . and a lot more went doing tons of upgrade .. since the Evos stock IM is not that great (design ) so it can be improve on .. like the APS IM ...

MrBubbler
04-27-2004, 01:25 AM
i have a set of used JIC headers that have been thermal coated pm me if interested i drove probably like 3k miles on them = )

eVoL oNe
04-27-2004, 08:52 AM
i have a set of used JIC headers that have been thermal coated pm me if interested i drove probably like 3k miles on them = )

SOLD

MrBubbler
04-27-2004, 06:47 PM
well they arent really sold make me an offer maybe i just wont refuse it = )