PDA

View Full Version : Jet Hot 2000 Coating for Helix DP

han74j
04-28-2004, 08:29 PM
wow i just installed my jet hot coated helix 3' dp.... wow its wired, cause the egt is at the manifold, but the total tempature dropped by 200 C!!!!

i can't image how much it would be lower after i coat the exaust manifold and the O2 sensor!! omg!!!

Highly recommanded!! www.jet-hot.com !!!!!!!!

CACalomino
04-28-2004, 08:30 PM
Yep I jet hot coated my Bushour racing Down pipe and my oil temps never move and the car feels awesome

moogle
04-28-2004, 08:49 PM
where do u go to get it jet coated?

CACalomino
04-28-2004, 08:53 PM
Well in teh Riverside autosenter there is a Musclecar speed shop accross the street from dodge behind one of the dealerships and they have a guy company that does it about 3-5 day turn around

vroomevo
04-28-2004, 09:48 PM
which option did you choose? and how much?

han74j, it's weird. egt probe is in the manifold and all you coated was downpipe. 200c lower? :roll: too good to be true

moogle
04-29-2004, 12:15 AM
WHy not jet coat the headers, why'd u guyz went for the dp?

han74j
04-29-2004, 03:13 AM
which option did you choose? and how much?

han74j, it's weird. egt probe is in the manifold and all you coated was downpipe. 200c lower? :roll: too good to be true

www.jet-hot.com i used the jet hot 2000 coating. yes the egt is on the manifold.. but i coated the dp, and yes i dont know the temp when down..... cause the sensor is right on the manifold...... wired, but ya www.jet-hot.com go there is about 2 weeks return they r one of the best companies out there, they coat stuff on air craft carriers so i trust them!

vroomevo
04-29-2004, 11:55 AM

i think it's b/c 3inch dp is really close to the oil pan and might raise the oil temp.
my dp is really close tot but RRE told me that unless you race for a couple of hours, then it wouldn't be necessary to wrap/coat the dp.

anyone tried oil temp change before and after wrap/coat the dp?

Blaze
04-29-2004, 05:17 PM
I've read that ceramic coating or wrapping manifolds is a good way to gain performance not only because it reduces engine bay temperatures, but due to the balloon affect is has.

The heat wants to expand and escape and since it can't radiate out, it is forced through the exhaust thus increasing exhuast exit speeds.

But I've also read that the down side to this is that it will decrease the life of the affected manifold making it more prone to cracks etc.

Any thoughts?

I'd imagine that it would take more then a few years for this to happen unless it's a regular track car....

Cheers,

Jason

CACalomino
04-29-2004, 07:14 PM

Becuase the DP goes right up againts the oil pan so I wanted to keep temps down to keep my oil temp down when on the road coarse adn daily driving

-Chris

han74j
04-29-2004, 08:49 PM

Becuase the DP goes right up againts the oil pan so I wanted to keep temps down to keep my oil temp down when on the road coarse adn daily driving

-Chris

yes yes!!