PDA

View Full Version : Project Mu

Absinthe
05-03-2004, 09:18 AM
Who has them? I know some one said they had them at the EOC event and I am looking to replace my stockers soon and want reviews of NS and B-force.

Thanks for the help.

GokuSSJ4
05-03-2004, 09:31 AM
im currently running Project Mu Titan Kai , there great pads !!! and break amazing .. the down side is that they are noisy for driving on the street ... but performance wise im very happy ....

apexstrafer
05-03-2004, 09:47 AM
I have the b-force all around and they're great, at least on the street. very low noise and way more fade-resistant than stock. and the price is pretty sweet too, usually around $150/pr.

robi
05-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Vivid Racing...keep calling the come in and go out very quickly The only ones I have experiance with is the titan Kai and it does what they say.

Coolguy949
05-03-2004, 11:24 AM
drmosh and I bought the NS since Mackin was all out of everything else. They are about $100 and they work great on the street. We boiled our fluid at the track so it takes some more grunt to stop my car. I'll be able to give a full review once i flush the brake system.

Absinthe
05-03-2004, 11:40 AM
Rob-

How are they on the street? Noise? Dust?

On the track- how did they stop compared to stock? were you experiencing any fade when you boiled the fliud? did the pads hold up well even though you had R compounds?

Coolguy949
05-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Hardly any noise at all. Havent owned them long enough to see how dusty they are. I've only put like 300 miles on them. They stopped like stock on the track, nothing spectacular. I really wanted at least the B Force but for $100 i'm not complaining at all. I paid $300 shipped for the Carbotechs that destroyed my rotors and made me partially deaf. I couldnt be happier with these pads so far. They make a little noise from my pass side (every pad has only made noise on that side for some reason). They are mute compared to the Carbotechs i hated. They stop fine, no uneven braking. For $100 these are definatley the best buy pads IMO. I'm gonna get some Titan Kai's now for the track and swap those in at the pits every track day.

Braking performance at the track was like stock...they started to fade about 5 or 6 laps in on the striaght going 110+ MPH. Some people would notice me taking turn 1 really wide and almost hitting the cones....that's when they would start to fade on me. I would need to start braking earlier for that turn. I boiled my ATE blue so I need to flush it out to see how they pedal feel is on the street. As of now i have to push kinda hard to stop due to the air in the lines.

GokuSSJ4
05-03-2004, 12:34 PM
arent you lucky that you are able to change your pads .. i think i will buy stock ones for the street and Project Mu Titan Kai for the track (since they perform amazing ) but are a bit loud for the street ... need to get some SS lines and motul fluid to go along with them...

leaveit2bevo
05-03-2004, 01:31 PM
you could also try the performance friction 97 like I have they dont kill you rotors they arent to bad with dusting but when there cold the will wake the dead. No fad even after me and rich turned my brembos brown

Absinthe
05-03-2004, 01:38 PM
how much?

leaveit2bevo
05-03-2004, 01:41 PM
around 250 front 150 rear

robi
05-03-2004, 02:37 PM
These "97's" are the pad I'm currently running..

Absinthe
05-03-2004, 02:52 PM
WHat did you run in OTC the 97's if so I would think I dont need near that much pad.

Chris in SD
05-03-2004, 05:39 PM
I will give you guys feedback on the Endless SS-S pads after they're installed this week...

Ricardon
05-03-2004, 06:15 PM
the 97's are REFRICKENDICULOUS! Fade? hahahahha. the Titan Kai's are pretty sweet too. But OMG are the 97's loud. I don't know if any of you remember when i was rolling through the pits after my timed runs? I took the access road all the way around the facility to cool everything down, so the brakes were nice and cooled off by the time I rolled back through. I see a group of three or more people conversing...I lightly tap the brakes and instant conversation breaker!! You can shatter glass with that sound! Bevo, how do they stop on the street now that they have been thoroughly cooked at the track? When they are cold, does it feellike you are driving a semi?

drmosh
05-03-2004, 06:17 PM
The Project MU NS's held up quite well for a street pad. They are louder than the stock pads but hold up better on the track.

Track, I would say Taitan Kai all the way.

leaveit2bevo
05-03-2004, 06:25 PM
lol they stop just as well after we cooked them at the track, but ya you cant tell the diff between me and the big blue bus.

robi
05-03-2004, 06:52 PM
I feel after using both 97's and the Titan Kais that the 97's are the best combo of rotor wear (mu's are higher) temp anti-fade (mu's lower) have you seen my calipers? and overall pad wear, you'll prob get 10-12 track days and all the street driving in between (well I don't mean 2 track days a year!) The 97's also provide MEGA feedback and work with the anti-lock system to provide a liniear brake response from high rotor speeds through to the full stop...The other good news is that PF is working on their Z-rated pads for thr EVO. These are the BEST street pads Ive ever used..Stay tuned!

robi
05-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Oh Bevo the bus is better looking than your EVO!

Ricardon
05-03-2004, 06:56 PM

The bus is cleaner than yours Robi!

robi
05-03-2004, 07:03 PM
That wouldn't take much! But it's part of the secret Aero package! Shiv keeps complaining on lack of downforce in the One Lap ..he just keeps his EVO to clean!

leaveit2bevo
05-04-2004, 12:04 AM

you have about as much advertisments on your evo as the bus does :lol:

NipponHamFighters
05-04-2004, 12:18 AM
I run Project Mu B Force with Endless Rotors, everything works awesome!

Ricardon
05-04-2004, 01:18 AM
Like I said earlier in another thread, Robi, maybe if Shiv would dump a couple of 5 gallon buckets of dirt, sand and rocks inside his EVO then use a leaf blower to churn it up then maybe he'll be as fast as you!!!! $5 says his calipers stay nice and red LOL!!

Skiracer
05-19-2005, 04:51 PM
I thought i read on another thread that Project Mu pads will eat rotors. I'm interested in the B-Force pads, but do they eat rotors? I will be using this primarily for the street and a track day once every 3 months at the most. I prefer a pad that does not require warmup time. So, are B-Forces for me?

Material: Asbestos Free
Applicable rotor temperature: 0~500℃
Friction coefficient: 0.32~0.42μ
Applicable models: TOYOTA, NISSAN, HONDA, MITSUBISHI, MAZDA, SUZUKI, HYUNDAI and Other~.
*Available for BREMBO, AP and ALCON calipers.

http://www.project-mu.co.jp/e/images/parts/pads/brake_chart2.jpg

robi
05-19-2005, 04:54 PM
this has not been my experiance...and the Titan Kai's 4 6 out of 7 of my customers are quiet enough to run on the street too...

leaveit2bevo
05-19-2005, 04:58 PM
lol 1 year later

GokuSSJ4
05-19-2005, 07:05 PM
lol 1 year later
tell me about it !!! :roll:

Skiracer
05-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Well, u guys encourage peeps to search, so i did 8)

GokuSSJ4
05-19-2005, 07:19 PM
Well, u guys encourage peeps to search, so i did 8)
LOL use that as an excuse

Skiracer
05-20-2005, 11:48 AM
I thought i read on another thread that Project Mu pads will eat rotors. I'm interested in the B-Force pads, but do they eat rotors? I will be using this primarily for the street and a track day once every 3 months at the most. I prefer a pad that does not require warmup time. So, are B-Forces for me?

Material: Asbestos Free
Applicable rotor temperature: 0~500℃
Friction coefficient: 0.32~0.42μ
Applicable models: TOYOTA, NISSAN, HONDA, MITSUBISHI, MAZDA, SUZUKI, HYUNDAI and Other~.
*Available for BREMBO, AP and ALCON calipers.

http://www.project-mu.co.jp/e/images/parts/pads/brake_chart2.jpg

Bump for some more opinions on Project Mu B-Force pads...

beavis4g63t
05-20-2005, 12:46 PM
i'm running the titan kai and rre lines with motul fluid and i love it. they seem to be only noisy when the car is dirty. they stop consistant and the pedal feel is good.

GokuSSJ4
05-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Bump for some more opinions on Project Mu B-Force pads...
the B-force are good for the street, ok for the track. If you want an all around pad from Project-mu you are better off going witht the Titan Kais. The ones i would worry about running on the streets would be the 777 or the 999 pads. Since they take some warming up before they can stop to there potential.