PDA

View Full Version : Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers

Chris in SD
05-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Anyone heard anything about these good, bad or otherwise? I don't need a super-adjustable, remote-reservoir setup, just something I can get some good damping and rebound control out of, as well as a slight drop. This is my daily driver and will spend 95% on the street and maybe 5% on the track. Those of you that know me, know I can carve a canyon with the best of 'em, but I need a little better damping (ie no kickback or knocks off-center) during bumpy or hard cornering. I know the MR has Bilsteins and I've heard good things about these on BMWs and such.

Please don't flame and don't suggest the usual suspects (Tein, JIC, Cusco, etc.). I just want feedback on these (or the Ohlins street version).

Thanks!

Chris

drmosh
05-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Actually, I've heard that the body of the HKS Hipermax are actually these Bilsteins.

Coolguy949
05-05-2004, 09:06 PM
Unfortunately HKS doesnt make a remote reservior setup, you might want to look at TEIN or ohlins for that.

I think for a 5% track car and even high canyon usage a remote reservior is overkill and money wasted IMO. Pretty much any of those suspensions that are $1500 - $3000 that use a inverted strut design will cause a big smile on your face.

Takashi
05-05-2004, 09:15 PM
my buddy has the pss9s on his audi tt. he loves them. he used to have a wrx with teins, and he says the handling of his tt with the pss9s is far superior.

i didn't even know they came for the evo... how much?

gt40
05-05-2004, 10:35 PM
Please don't flame and don't suggest the usual suspects (Tein, JIC, Cusco, etc.)

Chris,

I am curious if you have ridden muellerized jic's- completely different than stock is why I ask.

I am sure that the bilsteens are probably nice. They are going to probably be a fairly decent option. Regarding some of the others, I tend to agree with rob's comments about the overpriced ones.

On the other hand, the customized jic's are sweet because Mueller will build them exactly to what you want to do. Since you are coming to the west coast, you can get them setup exactly how you want. He literally builds each unit with custom springs and valves etc to suit what you want to do.

When you get to La: Looking forward to meeting you in person.

leaveit2bevo
05-06-2004, 01:15 AM
Mueller for sure

Chris in SD
05-06-2004, 02:20 AM
I don't need a super-adjustable, remote-reservoir setup, just something I can get some good damping and rebound control out of, as well as a slight drop.

The remote reservoir would only be bling - I know I don't need one (but it sure would look pimp - and less beanstalk-y). :drool:

Mark, the reason I've discounted the usual suspects (JIC, Tein, etc.) is because I've ridden in most and they really stiffen the hell out of the ride. One of the things I liked best going from the S2K to the Evo was that the Evo had such a better ride. I don't want to lose that, but at the same time I want to ensure the contact patch stays planted.

I'll be moving to SD in the beginning of June. I'll make sure I meet with you to get a ride on the street before I make up my mind. Thanks!

Chris

gt40
05-06-2004, 08:48 AM
the reason I've discounted the usual suspects (JIC, Tein, etc.) is because I've ridden in most and they really stiffen the hell out of the ride.

The spring rates that the jic's come with stock are unusable in imo. In stock form you are completely right. RRE rebuilds them with custom spring rates and other parts to make them into something completely different. Tell them what you want and there you go... Here is a link on muellerized jic's:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/jicinfo.htm

Rants and raves about them:
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/jicmail.htm

I have had these for some months now and they have simply transformed the car...

Good luck and get yourself out here.

Takashi
05-06-2004, 09:16 AM
are the bilstein pss9's even offered here in the states?

Knower
05-06-2004, 11:26 AM
Mark, the reason I've discounted the usual suspects (JIC, Tein, etc.) is because I've ridden in most and they really stiffen the hell out of the ride.

You have not ridden in a DSM/Evo with Muellerized JICs. What you want is what he can deliver (and more). He specifically rides over train tracks for his customers that are looking for improved handling without a harsh ride. You'll thank everyone that's posted about it here later.

Takashi
05-06-2004, 01:44 PM
how much does rre charge for the mueller-tuned JICs?

kaisho99
05-06-2004, 04:43 PM
$2k. includes tuning and coilovers.

Chris in SD
05-06-2004, 06:50 PM
I have been checking on the status of the PSS9 in the US for the Evo. I might need to order them from Germany (ie Evo VII - they'll still work on ours). I talked to my parts guy and he has some connections he will check.

Now that I got my Monster Sport bumper and Endless brakes, the drop/coilovers is all I really want to do for a while (besides those gauges, Rob).

If anyone digs up info on the PSS9, please post links. Thanks!

Chris in SD
05-11-2004, 07:24 PM
This might work for my needs:

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model=evo&cat=handling&prodid=856

I have to find out if they can be had with a little softer spring rates. For this price, I might end up going with some Öhlins. Anyone have a hook-up?

Ricardon
07-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Sorry for seing this late. My good friend Jaime (he was at the big HB mitsu meet) is the marketing manager for Billstein USA. Straight from the horse's mouth...Billstein does NOT currently have an aftermarket adj coilover system for the EVO in the US yet. They do make the OE MR suspension, but OE market is a totally different deal. He wants to get an EVO meet down at Billstein in San Diego when they release a product...hint...yes, one is coming.

Chris in SD
12-14-2004, 03:28 PM
Back from the dead, but I am wondering if any of our illustrious (and now world-famous) members have any info. I am pretty much dead-set on these...

Rich (or Retardon) - any word from your "Bilstein guy"??

I really need coilovers (or that JDM MR suspension Neil is selling).

Please help me blow another couple of grand...

kimletrim
12-14-2005, 02:50 PM
OK,...a year later and we now know that the Bilstien PSS9 are available. Anyone have these yet so they can provide a review. I have seen them for 1699. has anyone seen them available for less?

EVO Neil
12-14-2005, 04:39 PM
OK,...a year later and we now know that the Bilstien PSS9 are available.* Anyone have these yet so they can provide a review.* I have seen them for 1699.* has anyone seen them available for less?

I'd also like a review... O0

Takashi
12-16-2005, 12:38 AM
I'm thinking that there aren't going to be many (if any at all) people using these coilovers in socal when you can go to rre and get a custom tuned package for a little more.

that being said, i'm also very interested to see what people think of these...

ErroR
12-16-2005, 04:02 PM
I will probably end up getting a set of these. I have heard some good things.

Chris, did you buy another Evo?

earlyapex
12-16-2005, 04:08 PM
I'll be trying out a set soon so I'll let everyone know.

I will probably using custom spring rates and valving from the get-go though so not sure how well the review will be for people planning to use them straight outta the box.

Takashi
12-16-2005, 06:07 PM
I will probably using custom spring rates and valving from the get-go though so not sure how well the review will be for people planning to use them straight outta the box.

Where are you getting that done?

kimletrim
12-16-2005, 06:17 PM
I'll be trying out a set soon so I'll let everyone know.

Great. I am looking forward to the review and if you can let us know a little on pricing and sourcing.

leaveit2bevo
12-16-2005, 11:08 PM
chris is this is for your track evo why just buy some off the shelve coilovers? why not get them set up right?

M5150
12-17-2005, 06:07 AM
I actually ran these for a couple months on my Evo for autox, the prototype USA set. For what they were they were a great set up and I'd definately recomend them to anyone looking for anything affordable.

Regards,
Max

EVO Neil
12-17-2005, 07:05 AM
I actually ran these for a couple months on my Evo for autox, the prototype USA set.* For what they were they were a great set up and I'd definately recomend them to anyone looking for anything affordable.

Regards,
Max

It doesn't sound like you are running them now, why the switch? Give us the pros and cons...

Chris in SD
12-17-2005, 09:17 AM
I am glad they make these for the S4... The Bilsteins and RS4 brakes might be my only upgrades to the S4.

I am assuming that the PSS9s are available for the Evo now - is this correct? I am seriously contemplating picking up an '05 or '06 Evo RS - those coilovers would be my first mod...

Takashi
12-17-2005, 11:13 AM
yeah, i know that these guys have them f/s:
http://gtworx.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1070

earlyapex
12-17-2005, 11:24 AM

Where are you getting that done?

The great thing about bilstein is custom valving with shock dynos are pretty affordable. Install is happening in my garage.

leaveit2bevo
12-17-2005, 03:22 PM
I am glad they make these for the S4... The Bilsteins and RS4 brakes might be my only upgrades to the S4.

I am assuming that the PSS9s are available for the Evo now - is this correct? I am seriously contemplating picking up an '05 or '06 Evo RS - those coilovers would be my first mod...

but why?

Chris in SD
12-17-2005, 06:55 PM
But why to which part?

The real question is "How?" As in, "How did you get a girl to like you?" LOL - next thing you know, Renzo will have a Playboy bunny on his arm.

leaveit2bevo
12-17-2005, 09:08 PM
why those coilovers and not something proven?

TuningTechnologies
12-18-2005, 10:58 AM
I had the PSS kit on my 1.8t jetta and they worked well....I rode ina bunch of cars with the PSS9 kit on other cars...ranging from golfs to jettas to tt's to A4's........from what I know the are not made and valved individually for each application....which sucks. You do get the multi way adjustment but if its not valved for your particular car...good luck especially on that high speed braking with bumps in the road. We switched over to KW......unfortunately they only make a stage Variant 3 for the evo...pricey but they are fully adjustable and have built in remote reservoirs......KW is the shizzle in europe and provieds ralli-art.....mazdaspeed....ford racing......factory team with all their suspensions. Check em out

http://www.kw-suspension.com/en/30_Products/20_KW_Coilovers/40_Application_List/index.php?gruppe=all&level=3&hersteller_1=MITSUBISHI&modell_1=Lancer

Let us know if you have any questuions......we are a dealer for em........They are definitley not a newcomer to the suspension market..just an alternative to the common choices...They also do crazy full race setups......upwards of 6K.....yikes

Chris in SD
12-19-2005, 03:54 PM

PSS9s are proven.* They have been available in Europe since the Evo VI.* As for being proven in general, PSS9s (or other Bilstein equivalents) have been used in Porsche, Audi, etc. racing applications and street applications for a long time.* Why do you think Mitsu chose them for the MR?

All of the JDM coilovers are too firm - they key is good damping, not a bone-crushing ride.

BTW, KW is another option. When I had my Evo, I tried to get this guy in VA to give me the "demo" KWs so I could "provide feedback". He didn't go for it... They are a good choice too, esp. out here, because they are stainless steel also.

Terry S
12-19-2005, 04:04 PM
.. and a comparison against Ohlins... ^-^

Either of these sound like fun to me.

Terry S

leaveit2bevo
12-20-2005, 01:14 AM

PSS9s are proven. They have been available in Europe since the Evo VI. As for being proven in general, PSS9s (or other Bilstein equivalents) have been used in Porsche, Audi, etc. racing applications and street applications for a long time. Why do you think Mitsu chose them for the MR?

All of the JDM coilovers are too firm - they key is good damping, not a bone-crushing ride.

BTW, KW is another option. When I had my Evo, I tried to get this guy in VA to give me the "demo" KWs so I could "provide feedback". He didn't go for it... They are a good choice too, esp. out here, because they are stainless steel also.

ok and how many evos are running this in the us? I hate to beat the dead horse but if your going to have a dedicated track car why not put muellerized motons on it? or even his buddy clubs or jic are going to be better

Coolguy949
12-20-2005, 11:28 AM
I don't know if these exist guys. I tried calling my Bilstein supplier and he said there's nothing available yet. I even checked bilstein.com and there's nothing.

Takashi
12-20-2005, 12:10 PM
yeah, i know that these guys have them f/s:
http://gtworx.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1070

Myles of GTworx says that they are available now. So that's odd that Bilstein has no idea about it???

500whp
12-20-2005, 12:23 PM
I know few serious track evo guys, they uses the Espelir ASD, with camber plates, and a camber bolt. Some of them like it better than Mullers JICs. When it comes down to suspension is all about the alignment! No matter how good or stiff your suspension is, w/ out right alignment your car will not live up to the what it could be. If anyone just get mullers JICs they will run just as shitty as a regular JIC may be a little better but not much. (im not bashing Muller, Kent Jordan's car just proofs Muller is the shit.)

Start out w/ Espelir ASD, Camber Plate and a 10 dollar camber bolt, get a good alignment, and see how you like it. Ill guaranty it will e better than the Bilsteins that just came out of the box

leaveit2bevo
12-20-2005, 12:25 PM
your saying that drop springs are better than muellerized jic?

500whp
12-20-2005, 12:33 PM

im saying Esplier ASD, w/ camber plate, camber bolt, and a good alignment is better than just teh Muller JICs w/ out tune, or sways.

leaveit2bevo
12-20-2005, 12:40 PM
well since the muellerized jic are custom valved there not the same as out of the box and everyone who has them has the allignment and sway.

earlyapex
12-20-2005, 12:44 PM
I don't know if these exist guys. I tried calling my Bilstein supplier and he said there's nothing available yet. I even checked bilstein.com and there's nothing.

They are available. I've touched them. :P

500whp
12-20-2005, 12:45 PM
well since the muellerized jic are custom valved there not the same as out of the box and everyone who has them has the allignment and sway.

yeah i totally understand. all im saying is that setup right there will save people a lot of money if they can get a good alignment shop. its just like the engine, the suspension need to be tuned (alignment)

Ricardon
12-20-2005, 12:46 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

If you want to pimp the parts that you sell, I'm ok with that. *You want to talk out the side of your ass...sorry bro, I'll have to call you on it. *Yeah, yeah I'm an admin I need to behave myself right? *But do you seriously believe the posts you just made? *Or are you just whoring yourself out to sell shit?

Oh, yeah before anyone starts talking smack..I was the mule for the ASD springs. *I liked them WITH Mueller's alignment. *They don't hold a fucking candle to the full setup that Mueller offers. *That's just retarded.

kimletrim
12-20-2005, 02:14 PM
I don't think 500whp is trying to sell anything. There are plenty of other vendors where the products are available and he did not list any price at all or where to get them. Rather, I think he is trying to point out that in his opinion, the critical aspect of ANY suspension setup will be the alignment settings. No where did he mention that just springs and camber plate would be superior to a Muellerized setup. Its all about choice and there seem to be more and more out there for suspension.

I can't stand it when people talk out there ass too. Don't dog on something and start talking about how good something else is when you (anyone) haven't had any personal experience with the other offerings.

I just want some opinions and feedback on the PSS9!

Ricardon
12-20-2005, 02:23 PM
I don't think 500whp is trying to sell anything.* There are plenty of other vendors where the products are available and he did not list any price at all or where to get them.* Rather, I think he is trying to point out that in his opinion, the critical aspect of ANY suspension setup will be the alignment settings.* No where did he mention that just springs and camber plate would be superior to a Muellerized setup.* Its all about choice and there seem to be more and more out there for suspension.

Scroll up and read it again.

I can't stand it when people talk out there ass too.* Don't dog on something and start talking about how good something else is when you (anyone) haven't had any personal experience with the other offerings.

Um, yeah...read the last part of my post...I do have experience not only in this particular area of discussion but with THE SPECIFIC SETUP that was used as a counter argument...learn to read.. Thanks for posting though.

I just want some opinions and feedback on the PSS9!

kimletrim
12-20-2005, 02:29 PM
Ricardon, the next to last portion of my post was not specifically directed at you. In the above post "you" referred to anyone. (Read again?! ;)). I appreciate your input though.

Ricardon
12-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Woot O0

ErroR
12-20-2005, 05:48 PM
Rich, go get a job and buy me a set of these Bilsteins. BTW don't you have a buddy that works for Bilstein?

Muellerized...
12-20-2005, 06:42 PM

im saying Esplier ASD, w/ camber plate, camber bolt, and a good alignment is better than just teh Muller JICs w/ out tune, or sways.

There is no such thing as a Muellerized suspension without tuning. As far as the comparison you are attempting to make, a lowering spring car with limited suspension travel is not comparable to a proper coil over set-up.

Alignment settings are one small piece of the tuning puzzle, as there are many interelated factors and comprimises in achieving ones handling performance goals. One truth I have learned in my 20+ years of experience running competition cars, is the tuning method is far less important than the _results_ one achieves with their 'tuned' suspension.

500whp
12-20-2005, 08:51 PM

There is no such thing as a Muellerized suspension without tuning. As far as the comparison you are attempting to make, a lowering spring car with limited suspension travel is not comparable to a proper coil over set-up.

Alignment settings are one small piece of the tuning puzzle, as there are many interelated factors and comprimises in achieving ones handling performance goals. One truth I have learned in my 20+ years of experience running competition cars, is the tuning method is far less important than the _results_ one achieves with their 'tuned' suspension.

John:
Okay i guess you cleared it up then ("There is no such thing as a Muellerized suspension without tuning") =).* If someone gets just the coilover i truly believe that it will not perform to what it can be.*

Rich:
Read what i said

Khim:
Thank you.

Chris in SD
12-20-2005, 09:05 PM
No one is running PSS9s now because of precisely what this thread is about - difficulty in finding them. There are several vendors in the UK that advertise them for about £1400 (~$2600). I am not dead set on them - Ohlins are another option. I just have ridden in many cars that are JIC, HKS, Tein, etc. equipped and I feel like my head is going to rattle apart. Like I said before, a good ride and good handling do not have to be exclusive of each other.

This is why there are choices... different strokes for different folks. Even if I got the Bilsteins, I would have John do my alignment (if I was in CA still).

leaveit2bevo
12-20-2005, 10:33 PM
ya but isnt this for a dedicated track car? you have the cash chris get the motons.

earlyapex
12-20-2005, 11:23 PM
No one is running PSS9s now because of precisely what this thread is about - difficulty in finding them. There are several vendors in the UK that advertise them for about £1400 (~$2600).

They are available for $1,699 here in the good ol' USofA

Bunch of places have them in stock, even shox.com has them.

kimletrim
12-20-2005, 11:25 PM
No one is running PSS9s now because of precisely what this thread is about - difficulty in finding them.* There are several vendors in the UK that advertise them for about £1400 (~$2600).*

They are available for $1,699 here in the good ol' USofA

Bunch of places have them in stock, even shox.com has them.

yeah, shox and gtworx have them for the same price. Is there any place selling them for less?

Chris in SD
12-21-2005, 06:57 AM
ya but isnt this for a dedicated track car? you have the cash chris get the motons.

If it was a full-on trailered track car, I would get Motons, full cage, fuel cell, etc. Like I said above, I want to keep it street legal. This car will also be a weekend "fun run" car. My Audi is fun to drive, but not in the same vein as an Evo. To give you an idea, I was thinking about another S2000, an Elise, or an Evo RS to fill the role. After some thought and input from you guys and others, I think the Evo is the best bet. Plus I know how crash-worthy they are...

genrec
12-22-2005, 05:55 PM
http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7665

get em' here boyz!

leaveit2bevo
12-22-2005, 06:30 PM
hahahhah 2600 for off the shelf coilovers

earlyapex
12-22-2005, 06:32 PM
hahahhah 2600 for off the shelf coilovers

You can get them for $1699 from gtworx.com and shox.com

silverevo05
01-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Has anyone heard any pros or cons about this product. Very interesting OEM quality plus adjustability and a comfortable ride O0. Durability is a key issue and if its bilstein or KW Im in just curious on anyones takes.

evilrs
09-27-2006, 07:15 PM
So is anyone running the PSS9s yet. I have a good hook up on them and I need to know what people think about this setup?

Chris in SD
09-27-2006, 07:38 PM
So is anyone running the PSS9s yet.Â* I have a good hook up on them and I need to know what people think about this setup?

If you are putting them on a daily driver, they are (IMO) the best coilovers available (at the price). Every other application (Audi, Porsche, etc.) has proven VERY successful. PSS9s were available in Europe for previous generations of Evo, with rave reviews. Prior to my crash, I was waiting desperately for these to come out.

evilrs
09-27-2006, 07:42 PM
Any idea what a good shop would charge to do the install? Any suggestions on where to bring it? Thanks for you input!

Chris in SD
09-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Any idea what a good shop would charge to do the install?Â* Any suggestions on where to bring it?Â* Thanks for you input!

I'm sure everyone will recommend Road Race Chassis, with good reason. Depends on where you are. A good setup will definitely be worth the trouble.

Muellerized...
09-27-2006, 08:01 PM
So is anyone running the PSS9s yet. I have a good hook up on them and I need to know what people think about this setup?

I have been there, done that w/ the PSS9s.

There were a few design flaws with adapting that system to an Evo, as they were designed around using all 4 stock strut tops. If you upgrade to camber plates in front, you will run into some significant lack of adjustability issues.

They are beautiful parts to look at, and we have sold/set them up here, but the performance per dollar gain is not where I like it to be. We are happy to help you when/if you get a set.

Chris in SD
09-27-2006, 08:05 PM

There were a few design flaws with adapting that system to an Evo, as they were designed around using all 4 stock strut tops. If you upgrade to camber plates in front, you will run into some significant lack of adjustability issues.

They are beautiful parts to look at, and we have sold/set them up here, but the performance per dollar gain is not where I like it to be. We are happy to help you when/if you get a set.

That explains why it took forever for them to come for the Evos... Thanks for the input, John. Learn something new every day. O0

evilrs
09-27-2006, 08:08 PM
do you have add camber plates to get good overall street performance. Â*It won't be on the track much at all..

Muellerized...
09-27-2006, 10:54 PM
do you have add camber plates to get good overall street performance. It won't be on the track much at all..

No, and it depends entirely what you consider 'good' overall performance and how much value you expect to recieve from each of your hard earned dollars.

The best bang for little bucks is our RRC stage 1 set-up on any Evo.

kimletrim
09-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Thanks foor the info John. Funny, almost two years later and we get some real world info on the PSS9

evilrs
09-28-2006, 12:13 AM
what exactly does the stage one cover, and what's the price ou the door? How much would you charge me to install a set of PSS9s if I bring them to you new in a box? Thanks..

trinydex
09-28-2006, 12:55 AM
visit the site to find out.

Muellerized...
09-28-2006, 01:28 AM
what exactly does the stage one cover, and what's the price ou the door? How much would you charge me to install a set of PSS9s if I bring them to you new in a box? Thanks..

Stage 1 is $546.91 parts and labor. It is replacing the trailing arm bushings, rear anti roll bar, and aligning the car the best way for your specific use.

We don't play the what if quoting system in messageboardland. To have us quote your specific job, email [email protected] and request a suspension info form, once we have the completed form to review we can tell you the best way to proceed, as we tailor fit each suspension for your specific use and driving experience level.

Thanks.

EV0ll
10-14-2006, 10:49 AM

JR was telling at at Laguna that soemthing about the design of the Bilsteins puts excess pressure on the hubs, any truth to that?

-Jason

Takashi
10-30-2006, 11:08 PM
West End alignment does a really good job setting up suspensions (from alignments to installations)... Darin has worked with the PSS9's and can set these up no problem.

My 2c... Doing some quick math in my head, the price of the Bilsteins plus installation (proper installation) may be within a couple hundred dollars of a custom setup from RRC... I could be way off in my calculations, but if that's the case, that's tough.

leaveit2bevo
10-31-2006, 12:28 PM
West End alignment does a really good job setting up suspensions (from alignments to installations)... Darin has worked with the PSS9's and can set these up no problem.

My 2c... Doing some quick math in my head, the price of the Bilsteins plus installation (proper installation) may be within a couple hundred dollars of a custom setup from RRC... I could be way off in my calculations, but if that's the case, that's tough.

Absinthe
10-31-2006, 05:29 PM
also and I dont know if this stands for the evo but it does for BMW applications, the rear PSS9 spring design is not a linear design it is very much progressive with the spring designed to pinch off and reduce compression effectively at some point dramatically increasing the the spring rate. this has resulted in some mild unpredictability at the limit on these on an e39 and if the design carries over to the evo would be enough to turn me off to them given the superior selection of coil overs that RRC can customize for you.

CharlieGsanD
11-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Awww, C'mon..... the PSS9's aren't that bad. i love mine O0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_5B-wh2xdI

dont misunderstand this video, im not comparing my setup to this guys, or Muellers stuff, just showing the PSS9's can still hang :grin:

leaveit2bevo
11-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Awww, C'mon..... the PSS9's aren't that bad. i love mine O0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_5B-wh2xdI

dont misunderstand this video, im not comparing my setup to this guys, or Muellers stuff, just showing the PSS9's can still hang :grin:

hahaha that video is a joke who ever you were following had the worst lines.

Terry S
11-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Terrible music too.

Terry S

Evoracer
11-15-2006, 09:15 AM
Sorry, just saw the thread. The PSS9 is a great set-up for the Evo. I've been running the first set for over a year and a half. They have a better ride than stock, with spring rates that are slightly higher than the typical popular coilovers.
Advatages:
- built to last, dust boots etc.
- good ride
- usable range of damping.
- good stroke length.
- supple highspeed valving to keep tires in contact over bumps.
The common camber plates work in front (ground control, JIC, Tein, Cusco, etc.). In back you can use the stock top mounts.

I raced with them and they were fine stock, but I had them custom valved through Bilstein to run higher spring rates for national level competition.
See more about my set-up on Bilstein's site:
http://www.bilstein.com/feature_articles_content.php?migi_featured_article _id=45&company_id=100484