PDA

View Full Version : RRE Rear Sway Bar

Hallster
05-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Any of you guys' RRE rear sway bar squeak?

TIA,

Sean

GokuSSJ4
05-06-2004, 09:26 PM
no problems , so far ...
but then again i also have stiffer bushings ....

Whendidieatcorn
05-06-2004, 10:35 PM
just grease up all the links. (d links and end links) that is what is causing the sqeaking. all sway bars squeak when not lubricated

leaveit2bevo
05-06-2004, 11:06 PM
do you mean when you go over a speed bump? I have that even though I did see Josh grease up all the stuff so I dont know.

GokuSSJ4
05-06-2004, 11:44 PM
i think is time to check it again bevo ..

Muellerized...
05-07-2004, 12:55 PM
[quote="Sean Hall"]Any of you guys' RRE rear sway bar squeak?

What did RRE say when you asked them?

Or is typing on a message board more helpful?

Hallster
05-07-2004, 01:55 PM
I've got both the urethane suspension bushings and sway bar bushings.

John, yeah the forums are helpful - Urethane bushings squeak, thats a fact of life. What I didn't know was if I broke something at the track(dropping a wheel off). btw, the fastest line out of the last corner at SOW, CW, included dropping the LR wheel off at the exit of the last corner. That made the track worker nervous though, so she, uh, politely(black flag) asked me not to do that. ;-)

So now that I know I probably didn't break something at the track, I'll give you a call. ;-)

Sean

Muellerized...
05-07-2004, 02:12 PM
[quote="Sean Hall"] btw, the fastest line out of the last corner at SOW, CW, included dropping the LR wheel off at the exit of the last corner.

This is not true, as when the outside rear is in the dirt, it is not pushing the car forward. Dirt has much lower traction than asphalt.

Hallster
05-07-2004, 02:39 PM
This is not true, as when the outside rear is in the dirt, it is not pushing the car forward. Dirt has much lower traction than asphalt.

Hi John,
My exit speed out of the last turn:
dropped the LR tire at exit - greater than 5K in 3rd.
stayed on asphalt at exit - just under 5k in 3rd.

I tried all sorts of lines on this corner; taking this corner wide at entry, dropping the LR at exit, resulted in the highest exit speed and least amount of understeer.

If I had R compound tires, or more front negative camber, my line probably would have chnaged.

Sean

Muellerized...
05-07-2004, 02:54 PM
[quote="Sean Hall"][quote="john@rre"]
My exit speed out of the last turn:
dropped the LR tire at exit - greater than 5K in 3rd.

The wheel in the dirt causes the rpms to rise, but the car is not accelerating forward.

Hallster
05-07-2004, 04:58 PM
The wheel in the dirt causes the rpms to rise, but the car is not accelerating forward.

The LR tire drop is literally a 'blip' - the tire is in the dirt for a fraction of a second.

I look at the RPM immediately after I've finished the turn(so the LR tire is on the pavement).

Sean