PDA

View Full Version : Clutch went out.. HELP!

fr34k
05-08-2004, 02:01 AM
My clutch went out and i need new clutch...
but i dont know which one should i get....
my car is basically stock.., just an HKS SSQV and Carbon ti cat back..
i drove it hard, or maybe i might just be dumb as many ppl will prolly say..
i brought it to a dry lake and played really hard there.. 2 weeks ago

i really need suggestions for which clutch should i get...
i'm looking for below $1000 with good feel, good enough for maybe 300whp with future mods..
btww i only had my evo for 1 month +.. and its only 2000+ miles....
please, i need advice....
and i'd like to know which shop you guys know that can install 'em well for me with reasonable fee...
I'm in west LA area.... thanks alot...
and 1 more, will the mitsu really void warranty if i use aftermarket clutch??
help is really appreciated... Thanks

blurr
05-08-2004, 02:41 AM
Did it wear out the clutch or did the clutch peddle just go to the floor and stay there?

If it is just sitting on the floor then you broke the clutch and it will be covered under warranty. So far 3 people that I know of including myself have broken the spring on the throw out bearing (I think that is what it was) and it was covered.

mr. evo
05-08-2004, 08:43 AM
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album113/CLUTCH_DIAGRAM.sized.jpg

blurr
05-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Yes that clip.

GokuSSJ4
05-08-2004, 12:04 PM
since you dont have any mods , besides an exhaust . you should take it to the dealer to see if they can cover it under warranty .. one of the ones im looking at is a cusco ceramic single plate ... but i think is around 1200.00

han74j
05-08-2004, 07:49 PM
since you dont have any mods , besides an exhaust . you should take it to the dealer to see if they can cover it under warranty .. one of the ones im looking at is a cusco ceramic single plate ... but i think is around 1200.00

=) yes i the cusco one i can get for 1150 =)

if you want somethign cheaper try the acts they range from 480-520

robi
05-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Go for the RRE "X" clutch can't tell it from stock and it hols much better ie puts up with abuse longer...This only applies if you care about your warranty.

GokuSSJ4
05-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Go for the RRE "X" clutch can't tell it from stock and it hols much better ie puts up with abuse longer...This only applies if you care about your warranty.

Robi what type of clutch are you running ???