PDA

View Full Version : Defi D-Gauge

NRG
05-09-2004, 09:58 AM
I have a question about the EGT wiring installation. It is shown on the instructions that the WHITE wire is for illumination and the RED is for 12v power. Isn't the WHITE and RED wire the same thing? Do I need to use both?

There is also an ORANGE wire which is stated for ignition. Where do I tap the ignition at? The ECU or the ignition where the steering column is?

Thanks!!

sidewaysevo
05-09-2004, 10:06 AM
u can pretty much tap it anywhere as long as u have the right wires. I spliced my egt and boost guage wires together, then spliced under my dash. Looks pretty clean. To get to the dash wires, i just opened my drivers door and pulled that panel off of the left of the dash. Then spliced the wires there. Much easier.

Coolguy949
05-10-2004, 07:19 PM
you can put the white and orange on the same place if you want your gauge to be illuminated at all times.

Here's how you can wire it:

Constant Power (Red) - Black w/ red stripe on radio
Ground (Black) - Black Wire from Cigarette Lighter
Ignition (Orange) - Red Wire from Cigarette Lighter
Illumination (Green) - Green w/ White Stripe Wire from Cigarette Lighter

NRG
05-10-2004, 08:36 PM
The thing is, I didn't even tap my RED wire.......All I have is WHITE wire tapped to a 12v source and my gauge is already lid up.....So i am assuming I don't need the RED....

Coolguy949
05-10-2004, 08:39 PM
does the gauge work though? I would assume the red is for pwoering the actual gauge itself. Usually the illumnation wire is it's own seperate circuit just for the light. On most gauges you can wire up the ilumination wire and not the gauge power wire and it will still light up.