PDA

View Full Version : Bulletproof does bad buisness!!!!!!!!

Whendidieatcorn
05-12-2004, 01:09 PM
so i decide to go ahead and order a few things from bulletproof seeing how they can get almost anything. i end up placing an order for about 600 bucks. they tell me about 4 to 6 weeks for delivery because of customs and what not. No big deal. Next thing i know i get a call from my credit card company asking me about my recent purchase. Turns out bulletproof charged over 2000 dollars to my credit card over a 5 hour period of time. They might have decent prices, but dont give them a credit card number.

MP5
05-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Huh? More info please whats the basis of the charges? Did they order 10 exhausts with your capital or did the CC machine over ping? Please provide a bit more info so we can decide to store your opinion in memory or discard it due to BS

re-EVO-lver
05-12-2004, 02:04 PM
WhaaaaaaTTT? More info, details, did you just say okay and walk away, what did you do? This post is too vague...

Whendidieatcorn
05-12-2004, 02:55 PM
here are the basics.
first approved charge was for 592.73
unapproved charges:
1. 507.88
2. 433.24
3. 80.27
4. 866.56

My credit card company cant tell what was purchased with the card. Only that Bulletproof Automotive shows up as the charger. When i contacted bulletproof, they claimed to know nothing about it.

JanSolo
05-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Well they might actually not know. They could have easily made a mistake, so you know what to do - dispute the charges and try to resolve the situation with them. Have you tried any of that? I mean, you should at least try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Not trying to come down on you, but ya never know what exactly happened.

Takashi
05-13-2004, 01:00 PM
maybe they don't know.... but if they did that to me, i'd be extremely angry too.

Coolguy949
05-13-2004, 06:55 PM
I head today from my supplier that bulletproof is bad news. They tried to trick him into buying a body kit for well over retail.

Ricardon
05-14-2004, 04:26 PM
Those are such random charges that it seems that they either knew EXACTLY what they were doing, or they simply were just charging the wrong credit card # for other people's goodies. Call them up and try to resolve the issue before you come blasting on a forum though. An honest mistake is an honest mistake, and no vendor deserves to be blasted without the opportunity to correct a mistake. I've had companies screw the pooch so hard I wanted to slit throats, I brought the mistakes to thei attention, and they fixed it and refunded my money (I kept parts/service for free!!). See how a bad situation can ultimately make you a lifelong customer?

BOVBILLY
05-14-2004, 04:31 PM
But Rich, he contacted them and they had no idea about the charges. So he did try contacting them!

I think all of us have been pissed off and thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Ixnay oN the Bulletproofnay!!!!

I THINK B.P. NEEDS TO COME FORWARD WITH A PUBLIC EXPLANATION AND APPLOGY!!!!

re-EVO-lver
05-14-2004, 05:36 PM
That's the very problem, they got this aura of arogance and if they don't correct this promtly and proffesionally then they fullfill their bad reputation. :?

GokuSSJ4
05-14-2004, 05:58 PM
some companies will deal with it with in days of business , but not recognizing that they did the charges is not a good sign :? :? :?

Guack007
05-21-2004, 01:56 PM
If Rob says they're no good, thats enough for me.

Have you guys dealt with MachV before? I like there website and pricing is great too.

Chris in SD
05-21-2004, 02:11 PM
Mach V is out here in VA - I am not a big fan of theirs. Their prices are not that great if you look around. The owner, Dan, knocked the DC Evo Club as not being that important. That should give you some idea. He does get some cool stuff now and then, though. Personally, I like Dan, I just don't like how he does business. I think the VERY best vendor I have ever dealt with is Adam @ www.Z1Auto.com - very efficient, can get all kinds of JDM stuff, great prices. Rob - you might want to contact him via EvoM and talk to him about sponsoring here. He sponsors several other boards and I have told him what a great market SoCalEvo.net is.

Chris

Coolguy949
05-21-2004, 02:16 PM
I've talked to him before about advertising.....he's interested but busy. Adam is a VERY good guy. He's one of my suppleirs for JDM and UKDM imported stuff like badges and taillights. He's very good and honest.

Guack007
05-21-2004, 02:17 PM
Ill check them out. Thnx for the heads up

tama_mog
05-21-2004, 03:51 PM
My votes in for Adam @ Z1, I think everything on my car other than my rmr stuff is all from Adam....and it's quite a bit. Excellent service, great prices, nice attitude, can't beat that. And he's one of the only ones that'll give you honest advice, not just buy the most expensive thing on the plate.