PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky Brakes

Tarmac02
05-18-2004, 07:16 AM
I knew before I bought the EVO that I was gonna encounter this because I've read people complaining about it. Has anyone found an easy solution for this? Ceramic pads??? Cross Drilled/ Slotted rotors?

Just wondering.

CACalomino
05-18-2004, 11:48 AM
Bottom line when u want high performance u have sacrafices there is no real way to fix it. U can get this spray forgot whats its called to quiet squeeling.

leaveit2bevo
05-18-2004, 11:49 AM
my brake pads can set off car alarms its just the price you pay when you want to stop fast.

drmosh
05-18-2004, 12:47 PM
I knew before I bought the EVO that I was gonna encounter this because I've read people complaining about it. Has anyone found an easy solution for this? Ceramic pads??? Cross Drilled/ Slotted rotors?

Just wondering.

Hah, you think the stock brakes squeek, wait till you get some performance pads.

Macky
05-18-2004, 04:08 PM
mine squeal when i park, and often at odd times. embarassing, but fuck, 99% of the people that see it drive a shitty car and not an EVO 8)

leaveit2bevo
05-18-2004, 04:16 PM
HAHAHA you think stock pad squeal is embarassing? People at bus stops get excited when they hear my brakes cause they think its the bus.

Knower
05-18-2004, 04:29 PM
I knew before I bought the EVO that I was gonna encounter this because I've read people complaining about it. Has anyone found an easy solution for this?

The easy solution is also the most fun. Press harder on the pedal.

Ricardon
05-18-2004, 06:21 PM
I knew before I bought the EVO that I was gonna encounter this because I've read people complaining about it. Has anyone found an easy solution for this?

The easy solution is also the most fun. Press harder on the pedal.

DING DING DING...give Knower a cigar! I've actually never heard anyone give that advice before! Listen to it! Oh and for the guys with squeeky stock brakes, wait a bit, it goes away! They squeek a bit from time to time when you are still breaking them in, and then only every once in a while afterwards. Once your rotors start to wear in they don't squeek at all....until you get new race pads on unturned rotors, then it's like Bevo says...you sound like a 1930's locomotive pulling into the station!!

Tarmac02
05-18-2004, 07:39 PM
Figured as much... doesn't bother me as much as it does the wife. I'm 600 miles into the break in ... in 4 days!!! LOL... I've been making every excuse I can to drive the car. Almost there... then it's time to get all that break in oil out of there.

Macky
05-18-2004, 08:44 PM
im at 2500 miles and it still squeaks from time to time :shock:

GokuSSJ4
05-18-2004, 08:58 PM
the PF "97"s are the ones that Bevo is running on his car but also run Project Mu Titan Kai are great pads .
but if noise is an issue then forget about it, you think your wife complains about the stock pads being noise then racing pads are not for you then. Or at least not to drive on the street , i need to learn how to change the pads so i can run stock again on the street cause after a while it gets embarasing . My stock pads use to squeal in cold mornings or sometimes parking , not a big deal doh

gt40
05-18-2004, 09:05 PM
Changing pads is done by the two pads on each caliper. Pop them out and remove the clip and the pads slide out. Get something to push the pucks back in and slide the the pads in. Finish by putting the clips back and replacing the 2 pins. Takes about 4-5 minutes a corner.

After you can do this it becomes easy to swap some race pads for track days.

GokuSSJ4
05-18-2004, 09:15 PM
i need to see some one do it or at least walk me throught it . i seen Robi do them and they seem easy, but then again these are breaks that you are messing with :shock:

gt40
05-18-2004, 09:18 PM
come over and we can do it...

alfredob1
05-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Check this link (http://www.ravensblade-impreza.com/modifications/brakes/4potpads/4potpads.html) out. It's not Evo specific but it gives you the gist of it.

TylerO@WORKS
05-19-2004, 10:39 AM
We haven't had to many problems with squeaking. Just make sure you use the right anti-squeal, and put it in the right places.

Good luck

hksevo8
05-19-2004, 12:16 PM
just curious. shouldn't you turn your rotors everytime you change the pads? Last time I changed the pads on a car without turning the rotors, the brakes developed a really nasty shutter.

GokuSSJ4
05-20-2004, 08:44 AM
We haven't had to many problems with squeaking. Just make sure you use the right anti-squeal, and put it in the right places.

Good luck

is that both types of pads that you guys have available , or just the street pads that you guys have on your site .? i would like to see the results between the stock pads and your race pads difference in stopping power.