PDA

View Full Version : Editing post and deleting threads attention admins ..

GokuSSJ4
05-21-2004, 10:11 AM
went Editing post and deleting threads can the person who's post gets delete it or edited , can they be PM about it . That way they can be aware to what happen or what the reason was behind it .
thanks

Coolguy949
05-21-2004, 10:25 AM
What post was edited??

GokuSSJ4
05-21-2004, 09:21 PM
none , i decided it to posted here as a feed back. I notice as the site is getting bigger and bigger with a lot more members . This is going to happen more often, to were posts are move, deleted or edited . Its an idea for the poster to get notify that way they dont make the same mistake twice (well at least try not to make the same mistake)
this is always use as way to warn people of certain content or in general to give them an idea to what things are expected, since we are getting tons of new people on the board.

drmosh
05-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Goku and bevo are the exception, their posts will be indiscriminately deleted. :D

GokuSSJ4
05-21-2004, 11:32 PM
wow !!! you show me so much love .LOL c'mon Dino i know you love what i have to say all the time .. YOU knoW!!

leaveit2bevo
05-22-2004, 01:34 AM
cry me a river

gt40
05-22-2004, 01:53 AM
[9.44% of total / 15.22 posts per day]= just too much... GOKU is almost 10% of all the posts on the site. Crazy.

Ricardon
05-22-2004, 09:39 AM
To answer your question Goku: No, sorry we can't do that. I moderate the site far less than the other mods do, when it comes to deleting posts, moving threads to clean the boards up etc. I deleted about 25 posts just yesterday...insanely off topic posts in tech forums, or other relevant threads. I won't name any names, but it's gotten to a rediculous point in several cases. There is no possible way that we can shoot a pm out every time we delete or edit a post. The rule is simple...don't post off topic in any thread and it won't get deleted. Even if it's a thread in the off topic forum, there's still a topic. Wanna up your post count, go to the many post whore oriented threads we have set up in the off topic forum. If you notice, we are much less the nazis that other sites are...we allow some off topic, and some flame wars to exist. But the problem is that with our familiarity with each other here, when someone goes off topic it will cause a couple of people to post a haze reply, then you have a good tech thread or other relevant thread go to complete shit in five minutes with two full pages of OT. Please keep it on topic guys!! thanks!
-Rich

Ricardon
05-22-2004, 09:41 AM
And please, keep the haze posts to your respective mini meet thread or the photo shop thread. I'm tired of haze posts in relevant threads that turn the thread to shit because they spiral out of control!!

GokuSSJ4
05-22-2004, 11:36 AM
ok , im sure you guys are dealing with alot sinc the site is getting bigger. An im sure it will continue to grow, it was just a feed back. I dont think by far my threads have gotten deleted at all so i dont have a problem. Other wise i would of contact you by PM . on certain post you are right they do get out of hand and i know the reason why some posts have been deleted. Have keep the hazing to a minimum , and trying to stay on topic. I know is a lot of work but other boards have turn to that (im sure more mods to help out) that way people are aware of it . Im sure managing a board with 70k+ members is not easy as well.

Coolguy949
05-22-2004, 11:56 AM
I'm going to have to confess, i just edited one of your posts. The first one on this thread said "Admids" hehehe.

GokuSSJ4
05-22-2004, 01:17 PM
i know you have tons of secrets Rob :wink: j/k LOL
so sometimes im on a hurry, sorry :? :?

drmosh
05-22-2004, 06:34 PM
The next mod to be installed will be the automatic delete of Goku posts mod.

GokuSSJ4
05-23-2004, 01:43 AM
damn LOL you guys are serious thats the worst part :? :? :?

CACalomino
05-24-2004, 11:28 PM
who deleted my sleep deprived metal instilled crazy post in the I need a larger post count!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sure it was sick and twisted and prob frightend some body but it was cool and I wanted to save it and i come back and its gone WTF

gt40
05-24-2004, 11:46 PM
damn LOL you guys are serious thats the worst part

See what happens when an oc mod meets a wrestler with a post addiction :P