PDA

View Full Version : Please help! Turbo timer/Factory alarm

EVOHACHI
06-12-2004, 11:59 PM
I just got my turbo timer installed today, but my car has a factory alarm installed, and also the car is set so that the door locks automatically unlock when the ignition shuts off. Thus, causing a problem with my turbo timer. When I get out of my car with the turbo timer running, and close the doors, Locking the doors is no problem, but when the engine shuts off, the door locks will automatically unlock, which defeats the whole purpose of having a turbo timer. Does anyone know a way to prevent the door locks from unlocking automatically after the ignition shuts off? I could not find anything in the owner's manual, or the factory alarm manual. Or is anybody else having the same problem?

trannb
06-13-2004, 12:35 AM
Your alarm should be spliced into a few different wires, one of them to an IGN wire. You should be able to just connect it to the ACC wire instead. That way, when you pull the key out, the alarm will think that your car is off (just like how your radio turns off when you pull the key out). ACC shouldn't toggle back on/off when the engine finally shuts off.

However, I wasn't aware that the factory alarms had problems. At the very least, my buddy's '03 with factory alarm and GReddy TT/harness doesn't have any probmes. Do they all do this?

Nam

inline4g63
06-13-2004, 12:53 AM
that is actually easy to fix. Check to see what brnad alarm you have. I have the KARR factory alarm. IT came with a manual so I turned of the auto unlock. THe bigger problem is are u able to arm the car while it is counting down? I am unable to arm it when the turbo timer is counting down, which defeats the purpose of the TT. I can lock the car while its couting down, just cant arm it.

rizalhoo
06-13-2004, 01:11 AM
i do have the same problem which while TT counting down I can lock the car but when the engine shut off then its automatically unlock, as you said which defeat the whole purpose of having a TT.

I called KARR and asked em how to turn the mode on the auto unlock when engine off then they asked me to come down to their place at irvine if im not mistaken then they'll do it since they said, I cant do it on my own or whatsoever... :( :dunno:

Dr. Evo
06-13-2004, 08:36 AM
KARR is not a factory alarm. There is no FACTORY alarm. It is a piece of shit alarm installed by the dealer before you purchased the car. We used to have to install those, but I stopped it because we had SOOOO many problems with them. The car comes with a FACTORY keyless entry system that works better than anything aftermarket anyway.

EVOHACHI
06-13-2004, 09:06 AM
Yeah, I have what you guys have. The Karr alarm. Rizalhoo, I have the same problem as you, where I can lock my car when the turbo timer is running, just can't arm it. The problem is, the car unlocks when the turbo timer shuts off. It just looks stupid when you are waiting around for your car to shut off outside of your car, might as well stay inside and shut it off yourself. But Karr did say they can fix the problem?

trannb
06-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Okay, or if you want to go that route...

Here's the text from the Owner's Manual:

Turn ignition on
Push in and release the programming button 3 times
Within 3 seconds, turn ignition Off
Then, Push in and release the programming button

IF 1 chirp = auto unlock on
If 2 chirps = auto unlock off
Press transmitter button #1 to change.

There were instructions for KARR 2040a.

Nam

EVOHACHI
06-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Thanks trannb, I'll give that a try and see if it works.

Failed_Senses
06-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Anyone know how to re-program a Viper 690XV alarm? It's the alarm I got from the dealer...and I don't have the installation manual. The owner's manual doesn't say anything about changing the features and stuff. I also want to turn the auto-unlock off and all that jazz. If anyone has any instruction manuals or wiring diagrams for my alarm I'd appreciate it.

EVOHACHI
06-15-2004, 04:23 PM
Ok, so for any of those that are interested, I called the KARR alrm people, and they sent a tech out to try and fix the problem. Now, I am able to lock my car while the turbo timer running, without having it unlock when it shuts off. The only problem now, is that I can't arm it, until it shuts off. Well I guess that's better than it was before. He told me that there is also an option where he can set it so that the car will automatically arm itself once the doors close. I had that option on my car before, but I had to change it cause it got highly annoying. You only get like 10 seconds before the car arms itself, so if you have something in the back seat you need to get out, you need to do it in a hurry.

evo_rey
06-18-2004, 04:35 PM
BTW I have a HKS TT TYPE 1 on its way. Around how much did you pay for the install? Anyone know a place in San Diego
that does installations aftermarket parts for EVO's?

rexroad
11-30-2008, 06:40 PM
I have the same issue. A compu Star alarm / turbo timer & remote start that work flawlessly. However the factory door locks auto lock & answer back when the car is running or auto lock when the car is turned off. I can't, the dealer cant & I have yet to find anyone who ca get this poltergeist auto-lock system to play ball.

Anyone?