PDA

View Full Version : Toyos

robi
07-19-2004, 12:53 PM
Hey a new local sorce for RA1's these are the list prices but we might convince Rock to do a Socal/Norcal/EOC group buy if we can get him a good # of these great trackday skins! (the thing I like the most about these DOT road legal tires is the get FASTER all the way to the cords) and they are durable too.
http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/toyo.htm
(I know Rock was talking about buying a tire shaver too!!! lets help him with his addiction!!)

Ricardon
07-21-2004, 02:35 PM
Can he get them in 255/40 for $160 per??? If he can, I'll throw some business, and I imagine A LOT of business his way. I am all for sending more business the Road//Race way, but money talks you know? The current hookup gives $160 if they can match I'm in!

gnulooks
07-21-2004, 03:14 PM
What will the RA1's last if driven normally, say without any track days? They seem to last a lot less than Advans, but offer better grip. I am looking to replace my tires in the next year, however, I want a kick ass tire that will perform better or as good as the stockers.

drmosh
07-21-2004, 03:28 PM
What will the RA1's last if driven normally, say without any track days? They seem to last a lot less than Advans, but offer better grip. I am looking to replace my tires in the next year, however, I want a kick ass tire that will perform better or as good as the stockers.

I wouldn't run the RA-1's on the street for daily driving, they're not made for that really.

The T1-S would be more suited for daily driving and offer comparable grip to the Advans.

apexstrafer
07-21-2004, 03:36 PM
uh......why would you put r-compound tires on a car that's just going to be "driven normally"....? the stock advans are already overkill for that.

gnulooks
07-21-2004, 03:56 PM
uh......why would you put r-compound tires on a car that's just going to be "driven normally"....? the stock advans are already overkill for that.

Some people have used this tire as a "daily driver," so I just want to get an idea on what they would last. I do track my car and would like a tire that performs up to the Advan standard. Unfortunately, I don't have an extra set of rims and tires for track days. I don't want to buy a tire that costs more than the Advan, yet would not offer anything close to its performance. This would piss me off when I end up going to a track and not get any decent times on an ultra-high performance tire.

Also, I don't think the Advans are an overkill at all. I had a lot of tread on mine w/ 8000 miles on my car. That was until I lost about 30 percent of my treadwear at the last EOC event.

drmosh
07-21-2004, 04:09 PM

Some people have used this tire as a "daily driver," so I just want to get an idea on what they would last. I do track my car and would like a tire that performs up to the Advan standard. Unfortunately, I don't have an extra set of rims and tires for track days. I don't want to buy a tire that costs more than the Advan, yet would not offer anything close to its performance. This would piss me off when I end up going to a track and not get any decent times on an ultra-high performance tire.

Also, I don't think the Advans are an overkill at all. I had a lot of tread on mine w/ 8000 miles on my car. That was until I lost about 30 percent of my treadwear at the last EOC event.

Costco is your friend, tire mounting for $4/tire... swap tires before a track day.

apexstrafer
07-21-2004, 04:32 PM

well do you want them for track days or not? your other question asked how they'd do as a daily-driven tire with no track days.

if you still had a lot of tread on the advans at 8000 miles, then I'd say you aren't driving on them hard enough to warrant such a sticky, relatively short-lived tire - hence my calling them overkill. you'd be better off with the kumho mx or t1-s.

anyway, if you're going to use 1 set of tires for daily driving and serious track day use, then from everything I've heard, the RA-1s are the shiznit. but you're really wasting them as a daily driver.....unless you're delivering tofu every weekend. ;) :paranoid:

GokuSSJ4
07-21-2004, 06:35 PM
Can he get them in 255/40 for $160 per??? If he can, I'll throw some business, and I imagine A LOT of business his way. I am all for sending more business the Road//Race way, but money talks you know? The current hookup gives $160 if they can match I'm in!

you can get the at AIM tires the 255/40/17 for near 140.00
the 235/45/17 cost near 160-165
and the 235/40/17 near 155-160
if we can get better prices then that , it would be great !!

robi
07-21-2004, 08:55 PM
I run the Dunlop SP FM901's for the street $80.00 mounted/tire. Less grip but the exact same feel as the advan (lets you know where the edge is well before you fall over it!

drmosh
07-21-2004, 09:26 PM
I run the Dunlop SP FM901's for the street $80.00 mounted/tire. Less grip but the exact same feel as the advan (lets you know where the edge is well before you fall over it!

You still drive betsy on the street huh?

robi
07-21-2004, 11:42 PM
Oh yeah!!! (but I don't fit the profile!!!)

GokuSSJ4
07-22-2004, 12:20 AM

what size are you running ? 245/40/17 ??
i have been looking at the FM900's not sure how much of a difference there is. But for 80.00 a tire , you can't beat that! :cool: specially for the street

robi
07-22-2004, 09:01 AM
yeah I'm running the 225's abd just keep the aggresive track camber settings without worries on tire wear...

turbrodude
07-22-2004, 08:22 PM
The Toyo T1-S will not have as much grip as the Advans, but will last longer and they're nice and quiet. I personally wouldn't get T1-S's again. I had them on my Eclipse.
Jeff