PDA

View Full Version : anyone using a PC to wax the evo?

leaveit2bevo
07-19-2004, 02:51 PM
Im thinking of buying meguiars dual action buffer to apply wax and polish because it takes for ever to do that shit by hand, anyone using a pc to do this stuff on the evo?

evogal
07-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Don't those cause swirl marks?

Chris in SD
07-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Everything creates swirl marks in the crappy Evo paint. Bummer.

My S2K has MUCH better paint than the Evo. Every time I've waxed the Evo, I've had to use that swirl remover or else it looks like polished ass...

leaveit2bevo
07-19-2004, 03:41 PM

Orbital buffers are suppost to but not PCs

evogal
07-19-2004, 03:42 PM

Orbital buffers are suppost to be not PCs

Well, I just learned something new. Thanks for the info, Bevo.

Paul Kendall
07-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Im thinking of buying meguiars dual action buffer to apply wax and polish because it takes for ever to do that shit by hand, anyone using a pc to do this stuff on the evo?

You might want to get a paint/body shop to polish the dinginess out of your top clear coat b4 waxing the top clear coat. That would seal in the color behind the wax and you will always look the LA air your so proud of.

leaveit2bevo
07-19-2004, 03:55 PM

You might want to get a paint/body shop to polish the dinginess out of your top clear coat b4 waxing the top clear coat. That would seal in the color behind the wax and you will always look the LA air your so proud of.

you know any good places that will do that? and how much?

Paul Kendall
07-19-2004, 04:06 PM

you know any good places that will do that? and how much?

Call up a Mits dealer ask them who they use for their body work repair and contact, Any body shop should be able to do this service how much I dont know, they might even be able to apply another coat of clear when they are done. For the most part I dont expect that it would take more than a day.

drmosh
07-19-2004, 05:20 PM
Yer so bling bling bevo.

Boosted
07-19-2004, 08:22 PM

technically everything leaves swirl marks however the beauty of a dual action buffer is that when too much pressure is applied the buffing wheel will stop rotating to eliminate burnt paint which is VERY nice feature if you have no backround in power buffing or polishing I Have used it and I can vouch this thing kick ass I wanna some some money and get one myself but until then all cash goes to the ride...

Tarmac02
07-19-2004, 09:08 PM
that's why whenever I wax I buff softly and only use
microfiber towels.... which I replace after that one use...

LOL... also why I bought a white car

500whp
07-20-2004, 01:37 AM
Everything creates swirl marks in the crappy Evo paint. Bummer.

My S2K has MUCH better paint than the Evo. Every time I've waxed the Evo, I've had to use that swirl remover or else it looks like polished ass...

hey is someone going to do ur fuel pump already?

leaveit2bevo
07-20-2004, 01:13 PM
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/leaveit2bevo/ChangingSubject.jpg

lol j/k ive been waiting to use that pic

kaisho99
07-20-2004, 01:32 PM
lol j/k ive been waiting to use that pic

LOL Do you even know what that's from youngin?!

That shit was so damn scary I'm havin a flash back. <shiver>

Chris in SD
07-20-2004, 02:17 PM
Invasion of the Body Snatchers remake (I was young, but I remember).

And yes, Kaisho and Rob are going to help me with my fuel pump and boost gauge pod... Thanks!