PDA

View Full Version : new c/f piece for usdm rear bumper

StreetImage EVO
07-19-2004, 07:29 PM
Hi guys,

Just wanted to show you guys some pictures of the carbon fiber exhaust heatshield we had made for the shop car. Several members asked if we could start making and selling this piece. We've decided to go ahead and start selling the piece so keep a look out for a thread in the vendor group buy forum later today.

Now for the pics:
http://www.bui4ever.com/albums/groupbuys01/IMG_0819.sized.jpg
http://www.bui4ever.com/albums/groupbuys01/IMG_0813.sized.jpg
http://www.bui4ever.com/albums/groupbuys01/IMG_0812.sized.jpg

EVO_RPM
07-19-2004, 07:52 PM
Thats exactly what i need! I'm ready to buy when its available. Any ideas on the price? Thanks

- Rich

StreetImage EVO
07-19-2004, 08:04 PM
Thats exactly what i need! I'm ready to buy when its available. Any ideas on the price? Thanks

- Rich

we have all the payment details in this thread. http://www.socalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=39717#39717

Macky
07-20-2004, 06:08 AM
wow that looks pretty cool

Evo-8
07-20-2004, 01:54 PM
The hell is the point of that? Do we really have to put carbon fiber on every part of the car? I'm sure carbon fiber dash covers are on their way along with c/f steering wheels. Just my .02

leaveit2bevo
07-20-2004, 02:27 PM
its to keep the exhaust from staining the paint with that black shit because are cars run rich.

StreetImage EVO
07-20-2004, 02:52 PM
yes, believe it or not, this piece does have function for those of us that have the problem of thick soot that builds up around the bumper close to the muffler tip.

Evo-8
07-21-2004, 12:25 AM
sounds to me like u guys need to work on fixing the problem, not hiding it. Besides i would rather wipe off some black smoke stains than have that funny lookin thing on my car. Why not get a peice of sheet metal and put it above the tip at an angle so the smoke moves outwards away from the bumper?

Dr. Evo
07-21-2004, 06:07 PM
:offrant: ^^:offrant:

Dr. Evo
07-21-2004, 06:08 PM
I agree though. CF is the whore of the automotive industry.

Evo-8
07-21-2004, 07:37 PM
bwhahahah

seriously. Do we really have to make EVERYTHING c/f? It looks retarded on most colors anyway. Black is the only color it kinda matches. i think the wing looks bad on all colors except black as well. It just doesnt look right.

StreetImage EVO
07-21-2004, 09:33 PM
bwhahahah

seriously. Do we really have to make EVERYTHING c/f? It looks retarded on most colors anyway. Black is the only color it kinda matches. i think the wing looks bad on all colors except black as well. It just doesnt look right.

you know how the saying goes, "different strokes for different folks".

Evo-8
07-22-2004, 10:00 AM
bwhahahah

you know how the saying goes, "different strokes for different folks".

ya but that shouldn't apply to the automotive industry. Most people are too ghetto and stupid to know what looks good and what is crap. In this industry most people have the mentality that "If they make it, i should buy it" Look at all the ghetto shit on the streets arleady. Fukin hubcap spinners, snake eyes, type-r badges, seatbelt strap covers {OMG how lame} big ass aluminum wings, fake hid that does nothing but cause a giant blue glare in the eyes of opposing traffic, giant 5'' muffler tips for naturally asperated 1.5 liter hondas etc. etc. etc. etc. etc i can go on forever. You cant say "to each his own" NO. That stuff is retarded. But other ghetto people think its cool. We have to stand against these disgraces to the import scene. They not only make themselves look like fools but they give the rest of us a bad image as well.

apexstrafer
07-22-2004, 10:10 AM
dude....didn't you have the accolade front bumper on your car? most people think that thing is hideous and the riciest bumper available for the evo. but you evidently liked it. my point is, the "to each his own" line definitely applies to the auto industry. lots of lame shit out there, but hey, people just have different tastes.

StreetImage EVO
07-22-2004, 10:14 AM
dude....didn't you have the accolade front bumper on your car? most people think that thing is hideous and the riciest bumper available for the evo. but you evidently liked it. my point is, the "to each his own" line definitely applies to the auto industry. lots of lame shit out there, but hey, people just have different tastes.

the accolade bumper? oh wow, Like I said "different strokes for different folks".

Evo-8
07-22-2004, 10:21 AM
if you guys thought the accolade was ugly maybe i was wrong. I thought it looked great and everyone i asked agreed. But still. There is a difference between bumpers and stuff like snake eyes and hubcap spinners. If its something where people are split between its style {Accolade bumper} and something cheap and ghetto {hub spinners} an arguement can be made. I'll stop here cuz im out of arguement juice.

Evo-8
07-22-2004, 10:23 AM
you guys really think this looks hidious?

http://www.evilution8.net/assets/images/2_front_small.jpg

http://www.evilution8.net/assets/images/1_front_small.jpg

http://www.evilution8.net/assets/images/e0_3.jpg

http://www.evilution8.net/assets/images/f0_3.jpg

StreetImage EVO
07-22-2004, 10:33 AM
How did this turn into my c/f bumper piece, to spinners, to snake eyes then to the accolade bumper. hehehe

Anyways, I'll keep my own feelings about that bumper to myself. All that really matters is that you like it. You paid for it and its on your own car so your own opinion counts the most. As long as you like the piece, thumbs up to you.

Evo-8
07-22-2004, 10:35 AM
How did this turn into my c/f bumper piece, to spinners, to snake eyes then to the accolade bumper. hehehe

Anyways, I'll keep my own feelings about that bumper to myself. All that really matters is that you like it. You paid for it and its on your own car so your own opinion counts the most. As long as you like the piece, thumbs up to you.
actually its sitting in my bedroom because the piece of crap sits about 2 inches off the ground on stock springs so i cant drive with it on. I'm either going to sell it or cut it in half horizontally and alter it to give me atleast 4 inches of clearance. I can't even back out of my driveway with it on let alone get it up on my rhino ramps. Oh btw sorry for totally raping your thread. I'll delete all my posts if u want.

leaveit2bevo
07-22-2004, 12:51 PM
HAHAHAH now thats fucking ironic your talking shit about CF and you have a accolade bumper

drmosh
07-22-2004, 02:41 PM
NOT ENOUGH DOWNFORCE!!!

hksevo8
07-22-2004, 03:56 PM
are there any pics showing the entire rear bumper? I would like to see just how big this is on the car? :?

Evo-8
07-23-2004, 09:58 AM
HAHAHAH now thats fucking ironic your talking shit about CF and you have a accolade bumper

are you guys bashing the accolade bumper cuz its made by accolade or u really dont like the way it looks?

cas909
07-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Why are you selling your car???

apexstrafer
07-23-2004, 05:38 PM
because we don't like his bumper.

lol j/k

leaveit2bevo
07-25-2004, 02:21 AM

are you guys bashing the accolade bumper cuz its made by accolade or u really dont like the way it looks?

nah Im just messing with you but I really dont like that bumper

Evo-8
07-25-2004, 05:00 PM

Im selling it cuz:
1) It's too fast and I can't controll my right foot from flooring it.
2) I have a messed up driving record and can't afford any more tickets or insurance rises.
3) I can't stop myself from buying new parts for it.
4) I want something slow and cheap to keep me out of trouble.

alex_alex
08-02-2004, 09:02 AM
EVO - 8 is just mad that his bumper sits 6 inches BELOW the entire rest of the body of the car, and because it sits about 4 inches lower than the very bottom of the intercooler, and b/c he can no longer use the intercooler sprayer. :lol:

Evo-8
08-05-2004, 11:20 AM
EVO - 8 is just mad that his bumper sits 6 inches BELOW the entire rest of the body of the car, and because it sits about 4 inches lower than the very bottom of the intercooler, and b/c he can no longer use the intercooler sprayer. :lol:

actually i built a rack to connect the sprayer too. And i designed a sheet of metal to keep the aerodynamics flowin. The only problem i had with this god damn bumper is it sits too low. I cant drive comfortably with it.

Justin1933
08-05-2004, 12:42 PM
The good news is he will be able to use the bumper as a snow plow up in the mountains....;)

Boosted
08-13-2004, 01:12 PM

Im selling it cuz:
1) It's too fast and I can't controll my right foot from flooring it.
2) I have a messed up driving record and can't afford any more tickets or insurance rises.
3) I can't stop myself from buying new parts for it.
4) I want something slow and cheap to keep me out of trouble.

I would reccomend a civic... 4 door...without vtec

hehehe sucker :D

MAFIOSO8
08-13-2004, 01:18 PM
GET A PINTO I HEARD THEY ARENT THAT FAST AND THEY R PRETTY SAFE :lol: