PDA

View Full Version : Warped Rotos, Anyone?

A2K1N
07-25-2004, 09:08 AM
I've managed to warp my rotors, bad!

Didn't really notice until I got it back from Mitsu though. When I first drove it back from the dealership after repairs I almost slammed into the @ss of someone. My brakes wouldn't stop the car and yet I had plenty of pedal pressure. All they did was rotate the tires and replace a tranny bearing, I was wondering if they could have screwed something up?

I did beat it going down a mountain road! I didn't think that I would have to skills to warp the rotors. It was only around a 2-3 miles stretch. But at the end I was pumped and it was the hardest I'd driven it. But you would think the next day the rotors would be noticably warped.

Any clues?

Ralliartpnoi
07-26-2004, 05:35 AM
after i did a canyon run, i started to notice my brakes, i think is only the rear right wheel that makes this grinding noise. i hate the sound cuz i hear EVERYTHING in my RS. =( heres more of it on this thread http://www.socalevo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3295

hksevo8
07-26-2004, 07:35 AM
cold water and hot rotors will cause your rotors to warp. (think carwash). Mine are just slightly warped and since I drive like an old man (mostly because I am old), this is the only reason I can come up with for my warping.