PDA

View Full Version : paint scrap repair

Blaze
07-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Guys:

I came out from the store yesterday to find someone or something had made a rather nasty scrape against my rear bumper.

The scratches can be buffed out, but there is a area about the size of a small blade of grass where the paint has been rubbed off down to the plastic. Touch up paint is only going to make this worse.

What can I do other then repaint it? Is there a way to fill, then airbrush a coat of paint over then area, then sand/buff smooth?

I did this once on a white car and it turned out quite well. But I don't want to screw with a black.

Thanks

Blaze

Absinthe
07-28-2004, 01:45 PM
yes it can easily be done, if you know anyone at an auto body shop or at a dealer the can put you intouch with a mobile repair guy who will, sand bananna paste and color match the scrape. If its done right it should look new.

Blaze
07-28-2004, 01:51 PM
That's good to know, thanks very much.

But. Next question.

Does anyone know of a reputable detailer in the 909?

Names and numbers appreciated.

Thanks,

Blaze

Evo-8
07-28-2004, 01:54 PM
holy crap ur evo lives in the 909? And it's still in one piece?

Blaze
07-28-2004, 01:57 PM
It lives in my garage and only rarely is out of line site.

....you see what happens when it's out of line site....?

Blaze
07-29-2004, 12:54 PM
I'm going to head over to the Stealer for a quote on this. Anyone think that's a stupid idea? Or have a local detail shop they like? I'm not afraid to travel for quality work.

Cheers,

Blaze

Tarmac02
07-29-2004, 02:45 PM
fill it with a small vinyl strip... if done right it won't be noticable

Blaze
07-31-2004, 02:13 PM
Stuffy vinal into my scratch just doesn't sound like a plausible solution. But thanks for the suggestion just the same....

I think I need to find a good detail shop.

Boosted
08-04-2004, 11:43 AM
damn dude waht a freakin coincidence the exact same thing happened to me last night I was walking out to my car and on the rear bumper there was a scuff bout the same size as a piece of grass right by the exhause pipe outlet and it its driving me insane I say we do a group buy hahaha:D if you find someone to do it in OC ill go get mine fixed the same day as you