PDA

View Full Version : any shops near LA that can install my HKS TT Type-0?

rino
08-07-2004, 09:21 PM
I've been browsing through the forums and doing searches and I can't find anyone suggesting a place except for 1: Six Auto in Alhambra. I'll be willing to take my car there but I'd like to get 2nd opinions from other members.

I'm looking for a place that does a clean install and doesn't charge an arm and a leg just to install a turbo timer (Hoping to pay less than $50.)

Can anyone help? Any local members who've done an install of HKS Type-0 on an EVO 8 help? I'd be willing to pay anyone that can come or I can come to you for help. Thanks!!

hksevo8
08-07-2004, 10:03 PM
It really is in easy install to do your self. There is a full write up here or on evom, that will walk you thru the install. You can also contact HKS direct during business hours if you need help. Save the money and do it yourself....... good luck

inline4g63
08-07-2004, 10:19 PM
make sure the TT works with your alarm. SOme of us got the alarm from the dealer (KARR) and it doesnt work with TT. What happens is that you get out of the car and lock it, but it wont arm. IT will only let you arm after the car shuts off.

rino
08-07-2004, 10:29 PM
I don't have an alarm nor do I plan on getting one. Anyone know any other shops?

I don't think you guys understand, I'm horrible with wiring. I've done engine swaps in other cars etc but wiring oh man, call me a sissy!

modankevo
08-08-2004, 01:11 AM
impex motorsports in san gabriel
626 285 6630

GReddySetGO
08-08-2004, 02:46 AM
Do you have the EVO harness? I can install it for you at my shop, and I can get you the harness if you don't have it. Send me a PM or email me:

[email protected]

I have experience installing these on EVOs.

rino
08-08-2004, 10:40 AM
ahh thanks for the replies

Danny you got mail buddy

rino
08-31-2004, 07:38 PM
can the mods delete this thread? I installed it quite a while ago by myself.. took me about an hour.