PDA

View Full Version : Buschur DP is hitting the Tranny, please help!

pangaroo
08-08-2004, 12:42 AM
I just got the Buschur Racing Exhaust, Cat Delete, and 3in DP. For some reason, I cannot align the down pipe. It is rubbing against the fins on the transmission. It seems like the DP does not extend low enough and the bend that should curve around the fins on the tranny is not curved enough.

Any one have similar problems with Buschur's DP?

Here are some other things I noticed when trying to fit everything.

After installing the bushings to allow the 3in DP to clear the tie bars, the DP has about a centimeter of clearance above the tie bars. Does this seem high?

The entire exhaust seems to be slighty shifted towards the driveshaft. the cat back, after connecting to the DP actually touches the guards on the driveshaft.

It seems impossible to align both the DP to the O2 housing and have the hangers attached to the rubber holders.

ANy help would be great. For now the car is sitting on jackstands :cry:

Feel free to call me if anyone has helpful comments.

Thanks

Henry 949-413-5106

pangaroo
08-08-2004, 11:06 AM
bump,

and another note, the DP is rubbing the fins once I attach it to the o2 housing. With the hangers attached, I could not align the DP to the housing, its one ot the other because the tanny fins seem to be pushing against the middle of the dp.

kaisho99
08-08-2004, 07:41 PM
sounds like you may have just got a bad one. mine cleared everything fine. give buschur and they'll work it out.

SSwest
08-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Mine kinda does the same thing. I have the complete Buschur Tback system with high-flow and cat delete, and both hit the drive shaft mounts, with a slight rattle. Rubber bushing would help if I wasn't so lazy to put them in...

donatevo
08-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Get some kartboy exhaust hangers to tighten up your exhaust system. Try loosening up the exhaust bolts(DP to cat, cat to catback, catback to the rear muffler) then make necessary adjustments then tighten all bolts. Goodluck!