PDA

View Full Version : Mudflaps for Evo

Skiracer
08-15-2004, 03:42 PM
Is it worthwhile to get mudflaps for the Evo in SOCAL? I came from the east coast, so all my prior cars had mudflaps and they were useful since it rains/snows there frequently. Just wondering if the mudflaps will help deflect the crap you run over driving down the Cali highways so it doesn't ding up the paint. Or is it just a waste of money? Here's a picture of the flaps that are coming out soon:

http://www.rallyarmor.com/mudflaps/evo_mudflaps.html

Opinions please...

mr0072003
08-15-2004, 08:25 PM
I Live in Simi Valley, and my girl lives in Santa monica (Pico & Centenela) and I drive around all day and mud flaps are a must. Although I wish they mad some fiber glass style ones, the Rallyart ones just dont look that nice to me.....what do you guys think?

Boosted
08-15-2004, 08:29 PM
although I do they they would be plenty functional I dont havea radio in my car so all I hear is rocks and such hitting my car all day long I never find scratches or dings just make sure you keep a good coat of wax on your car like twice a month and for front end protection you can get a Clear bra 3M makes

Skiracer
08-16-2004, 07:58 AM
I Live in Simi Valley, and my girl lives in Santa monica (Pico & Centenela) and I drive around all day and mud flaps are a must. Although I wish they mad some fiber glass style ones, the Rallyart ones just dont look that nice to me.....what do you guys think?

What do you think of the looks of the ones i posted? THey are not Rallyart brand, they are Rally Armor. Anyways, i think the Rallyart's are around $300 and these are only around $99. Huge price difference...

gt40
08-16-2004, 12:19 PM
I wonder if they would be a nice source of lift on the track :roll:

Skiracer
08-21-2004, 10:29 PM
No other opinions on the mudflaps? Waste of money? Will they help from getting dings from rocks?

gofaster87
09-02-2004, 12:17 AM

I live in moorpark, right next door to you. Why would need mudflaps out here?

Knower
09-02-2004, 03:59 AM
No other opinions on the mudflaps? Waste of money? Will they help from getting dings from rocks?

Waste of money. I have them on my car and I only keep them on there because #1 the paint underneath them is probably all scratched to shit and #2 because they are coolio factory option mudflaps that give me +10 horsepower.

Honestly, the best use for mudflaps here would be from hitting standing water, like going in and out of driveways. I just always slow WAY the hell down going through standing water like this. One time missing it and you have shitty scummy water all over the side of your car.

Skiracer
09-05-2004, 03:18 PM
heh, if i get the mudflaps, not only will i be the only EVO with mudflaps in SOCAL, i think i'll be the only car in SOCAL that has mudflaps! LOL. I haven't seen one car here with mudflaps. I am considering them to prevent dings on the side of the car and i plan on going to Big Bear every weekend and a few trips to Mammoth. So, any other opinions on getting mudflaps?

Terenus
09-05-2004, 06:54 PM
*sigh* Those mudflaps are a waste of money, get some of that invisible 3M stuff and stick it under your bumper. Besides, chipping your paint gives you a good reason to get a paint job. Mitsu paint sucks!

nurb2
09-05-2004, 07:46 PM
Plus they are ugly beyond all comparison.

-nurb2-

mr0072003
10-03-2004, 04:31 PM
ok for all thos who question why use mudflaps....Very simple to prevent MUD, water, dirt water, rocks, sludge, oil, or any of that crap splattering on my car.......I have to day they dont look the best consifdering they are PepBoys brand, but they do there job for now.......BTY: yes I woul rather have the Ralliart style mudfplas as shown in the first post.