PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads for Street Use

trannb
08-19-2004, 12:06 AM
I'm looking for a decent set of street-only pads for my car. So far, my options look like the Project Mu NS, Hawk HP+, and Ferodo DS-2500. Are there any other options out there? Does anyone have an opinions on the three I listed?

Here are the things that I value, highest priority first:
Cold-Stopping Power
Brake Pad/Rotor Longevity
Price
Good temperature range (no repeated 115-0 stops necessary)

I don't care about noise or dust. I want something that does what I expect out of a street pad that doesn't hurt the wallet too much. I will be running separate track pads.

Nam

JanSolo
08-19-2004, 12:16 AM
Endless Vita Nuovo.

http://www.endlessusa.com/products/indexSub.php?id=9

moogle
08-19-2004, 12:26 AM
Its green color... I forgot the name.

$50 for front, $30 for back and stops better than stock.
Combo 200 w/install in the 909 area.

Dam it I forgot the name of the pads.

drmosh
08-19-2004, 12:27 AM
Read this thread...

http://forums.socalevo.net/viewtopic.php?t=3639

trannb
08-19-2004, 12:42 AM
Ah yes. Perhaps I should have searched more thoroughly the first time.

I guess that takes the Project Mu's off the list and adds the Endless pads that JanSolo recommended onto the list.

moogle, EBC?

500whp
08-19-2004, 01:11 AM
Endless Vita Nouvas is good!!! or teh Project Mus NS pads. I have them in stock PM u for pricing

GokuSSJ4
08-19-2004, 08:36 AM
the ferodo ds 2500 make a nice street pads as well , but you can not go wrong with endless , which i believe Chris(Chris in SD ) has the endless pads you should PM him for his feed back on the pads.

Justin1933
08-19-2004, 08:40 AM
I just got a new set of Porterfields...They are great pads....and a local company...

GokuSSJ4
08-19-2004, 08:44 AM
I just got a new set of Porterfields...They are great pads....and a local company...

did you get the PF97 ? im debatin between those and the Ferodos
I know Bevo thinks there the best pads out there, i know there excellent pads for the track. But for the street there noise level is incredible :shock: makes it sound like the bus is stopping.

Chris in SD
08-19-2004, 09:11 AM
I have the Endless SS-S pads. Longetivity has been good (only 15% used after lots of hard braking), noise is not too bad (only when cold), cold bite is really good. I would highly recommend them - if I needed to replace my pads, I would either get these or the Ferodo DS-2500s...

JanSolo
08-19-2004, 09:24 AM
After driving a car with stock Brembo pads, I cannot believe the huge difference the Endless pads offers. The stock pads feel like they are glazed when you compare them with the Endless SS-S pads. And my Endless pads only squeak after they have been heated up thoroughly.

Chris in SD
08-19-2004, 09:48 AM
After driving a car with stock Brembo pads, I cannot believe the huge difference the Endless pads offers. The stock pads feel like they are glazed when you compare them with the Endless SS-S pads. And my Endless pads only squeak after they have been heated up thoroughly.

You should feel how they work with stainless lines and upgraded rotors!! :D

Coolguy949
08-19-2004, 09:54 AM

I can vouch for this. I drove Jan's car for a day and was amazed at the difference. In fact, Jan called me back and asked me if my brake pads were going out cause my brake pedal feel was mushy to him. I drove another stock Evo and it felt the same as mine....it's definately the Endless SS-S pads. You'll be able to buy them on myevostore.com really soon too. :)

Rob

Chris in SD
08-19-2004, 10:00 AM
Just don't get a rock stuck between your rotor and the pad... :?

JanSolo
08-19-2004, 10:55 AM
You should feel how they work with stainless lines and upgraded rotors!! :D

I should have done that at the last SoCalEvo meet. We talked about it and I just completely forgot. Can I check out your brakes at the next SoCal meet if we're both there?

Chris in SD
08-19-2004, 01:29 PM
Of course, my bruvah... Just don't scrape the paint on the nose... :wink:

trannb
08-21-2004, 10:45 AM
Thanks for all of the responses. I will probably give the Endless Vita Nuovas a try.

Nam