PDA

View Full Version : Great Trail-breaking discussion on Evom

Smogrunner
08-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Check it out. Be patient though, it takes a couple of pages before it really gets going.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=86877

gt40
08-19-2004, 08:42 PM
I only see chrono and shiv and the rest of the gang doing their usual self-congratulatory fawning +hating on poor robi and anyone else who differed with em. Sorry smog, but this just makes me sick.

(self-modded for the sake of civility)

hagakure
08-19-2004, 09:44 PM
I only see chrono and shiv and the rest of the gang doing their usual self-congratulatory fawning +hating on poor robi and anyone else who differed with em. Sorry smog, but this just makes me sick.

(self-modded for the sake of civility)

It hink it would be worth your time to read the discussion. I have no ties to either camp, and it was some of the most valuable discussion I have ever encountered on vehicle dynamics and suspension set-up, regardless of your perspective.

Percy

robi
08-19-2004, 11:59 PM
For honesty's sake These are the FASTEST EVO times the vishnu shop EVO has run on a track I have run on. At the OTC I wasn't driving my EVO that day and watched every lap paul ran IMHO he's a great 2WD driver in an AWD car ...I mean he went 0.874 seconds SLOWER "02:04.536 02:04.841 02:05.501 on his fastest lap (his first of three BTW every trailbraking lap was slower after the first one see why I'm so pissed at the dip**** "racecarengineer glee club") they have these evom noobs people believing their "system" is better shiv can setup a car (he can't) the oleins supplier set his car up, and the RRE stuff is slower...
http://www.opentrackchallenge.com/r...03_thPage2.html
to my multiple 2:04 minus (best 02:03.762)
@ T-hill last feb (when I too had RA1's not street tires like during the OTC)
http://www.opentrackchallenge.com/r...03_thPage2.html
all paul had in his favor was a big turbo..."500WHP" new shaved 255/40/18?/17 RA1's cusco locking front diff more expensive coilovers, AND SHIV'S UNDIVIDED TOONING (like cartoon) ATTN ALL DAY TILL paul BROKE THE CAR. against my Buschur Stage IV (no head) 235/45/17 ra1's (full depth with one track day)
BTW the shiv shop evo has attended ZERO EVO TRACK DAYS But been awarded the C&D EVO savior award put in over 2 weeks chasing glory has to date 3 lines in print and 1 business sized picture..boy I'd sure be lining up to get on his sponsorship list (so he could badmouth me like he does cusco et. al.

moogle
08-20-2004, 02:45 AM
LOL ROBI keep your advice and post @ home in socalevo. Touch other forums and there goes your rep =/. Evom is very informative and I keep going back to see what new info I can learn, but it seems there's always some clown who adds something that he just assume on, and than some vendor starts something and his insane clown posse cheerleads him on.

When and if there's a track day "plz eoc" on a saturday or sunday lets go rob and give me a few pointers. I consider my self ok/amateur driver;or we can go canyon run again =D.