PDA

View Full Version : VIS Trunk - Wing Install Help

Justin1933
08-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Well, I just got my VIS trunk and need to have the wing installed on it...Anyone done this? Anyone want help with installation or have any ideas on the best way to do it?

Thanks,
Justin

STFU Tuning
08-23-2004, 01:02 PM
I would be glad to help. I am in the Valencia area though, so I don't know how far you are from me. I have the same trunk, but I hae an adjustable Carbon GT style wing on it. I am not sure that there is trick to it other than being really patient. You could make a template based on the holes in the factory trunk. I have one in my garade if you need it. PM me if you need any help.

Justin1933
08-23-2004, 01:04 PM
I would love to borrow your Template...I would be to take care of it and send it back..Let me know if you are willing to part...

Thanks,
Justin

Paul Kendall
08-23-2004, 02:02 PM
VIS told me they do not recommand people putting a spoiler on to the trunk. If one was to put a spoiler onto the trunk they highly recommand using reinforcements to bolt on the spoiler, not letting the spoiler bolt straight on to the trunk.

VIS have not tested the Trunk w/ Spoilers.

I was looking into this when a group buy was offered / I called and asked about prformance qualities and this was the response. You can find this conversation in the past forrums under vender classifieds. Good luck...

STFU Tuning
08-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Sorry for not being clear. I have a trunk we can use to make a template. I never actually created a template as I use a totally different wing.

On a side note, I have heard that thing about wings using reinforcements. I am actually bolted down to the trunk inself and have no problems..... thus far, lol.

Justin1933
08-23-2004, 02:24 PM
I saw that...I wanted to see what people were doing...What type of reinforcements?

Justin1933
08-23-2004, 02:25 PM
Sorry for not being clear. I have a trunk we can use to make a template. I never actually created a template as I use a totally different wing.

On a side note, I have heard that thing about wings using reinforcements. I am actually bolted down to the trunk inself and have no problems..... thus far, lol.

Thanks anyways...I have my stock trunk and Wing...I guess I will just go very slowly...

500whp
08-23-2004, 04:42 PM
NOTE:

this is very important!! VIS did not test these trunks w/ the wing! They do not recommand you to put wing on! If you are planning to put on the wing, they highly recommand you to reinforce the trunk! if you dont do this, becareful!!!!