PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP!

bigboybusa
08-24-2004, 01:33 AM
While driving my car a couple of days ago, I noticed that it would show full boost but the car doesn't go. In 4th gear while rolling on the throttle it would bog. Then all of a sudden the SES light turned on. I took it to the dealer and the code was "P304". The dealer checked it out and show nothing wrong. They resetted it, a day later it turned back on, same code. The dealer checked the hoses and tightened everything up. now 2 days later the car still boggs and now won't hold boost, and when it does it jerks bad. The mods I have are 3" down pipe, 3" cat, Hard pipe kit, HKS SSQBOV, 3" exhaust, K&N Typhoon intake & HKS TT type 1.

Does anyone have any clues, or suggestions that I can tell the dealer to check?

Thanks

Blaze
08-24-2004, 08:06 AM
P304 States a misfire in your fouth cylinder (if you didn't already know).

Since this is not the P0300 error (which is random cylinder misfire) you may want to start by pulling the #4 plug an inspect the gap and look for any damage.

If it is damaged, I'd think you'd suffer from a rough idle. If the gap is off you'd start to missfire when accelerating.
Damage may have occured due to bad gas or high boost.

If you've been runny race gas and find a reddish tinge on the plugs, I'd suggest changing them before you return to the dealer again.

The next thing you should check is all your hoses. Check it for yourself, don't rely on what someone else tells you. Your problem could be on an intercooler hose, or one of the vacuum lines connecting the OEM boost controller to the wastegate.

I also think it may be your HKS valve. Before you go too far into checking anything else, I would pop the OEM one back on and see if that doesn't solve your problem. I had issues similar to this a few years back with HKS's original Super BOV.

Good Luck

gnulooks
08-24-2004, 08:09 AM
Try removing the K&N filter and reverting to stock. I've heard of many horror stories about the FIPK kit for the Evo. Disconnect the negative on the battery to reset your ECU and see what happens.

bigboybusa
08-24-2004, 11:53 PM
Thanks for thew suggestions, I will try that. Would it help if I get the dealer to flash the ECU?

bigboybusa
08-25-2004, 07:22 PM
Everything is fixed! The dealer replaced the boost solenoid, and the vacuum lines. It seemed to do the trick, I watched them through the whole thing so I know that it was replaced. Apparently the restrictors in the lines mystriously disappeared. We also went through the whole hard pipe system to see if anything is loose, tightened everything up! Checked the Spark Plugs, no problems. Also the connectors to some of the sensors. We will see if it does the trick, I need to go on a long trip so it will be tested very well. Thanks to the guys a Ball Mitsubishi for there help!

Now its time to find that Honda Prelude that took off on me... J/K