PDA

View Full Version : my evo was hit tonight.. after 5 weeks

rino
08-28-2004, 12:34 AM
It was the passenger side fender. There's two big dents and the fender was pushed in so it interferes with the passenger side door when you open it. The door already has the paint chipping... I'm not sure if this proper section of forum to post on. I figured i'd get more attention here. Anyone know a reputable body shop in LA/Glendale/Burbank area?

I am not paying for any of the damages but i'd like to keep it to a minimum to keep insurance out. The person who hit my car was my friend's dad, he was backing up his F150 and didn't see my black evo at night.

This is my first brand new car and that alone just makes it even 2x the pain... I know the damage can be fixed but knowing it on the back of my mind... /rant.

Thanks for even getting this far to read this :)

Talon16G
08-31-2004, 03:13 PM
P.J. Bonifacio in Industry/Hacienda Heights is good. They do a lot of custom cars and have been in a handful of magazines.

drmosh
08-31-2004, 03:32 PM
P.J. Bonifacio in Industry/Hacienda Heights is good. They do a lot of custom cars and have been in a handful of magazines.

ditto

rino
08-31-2004, 07:31 PM
I'll have to give them a holler. I haven't been using the car since I can't really open the passenger side door cause it chips the paint from the fender. I wonder how much they'll charge.. thanks guys.

Evo8you
09-01-2004, 04:23 PM
Remember the fender is aluminum. Make sure you tell them that.

Also see how much a new one would cost and just paint that one. Good luck.

drmosh
09-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Remember the fender is aluminum. Make sure you tell them that.

Also see how much a new one would cost and just paint that one. Good luck.

PJ's would know that... they work with a lot of performance cars....

cheez80
09-15-2004, 12:17 AM
imo, bonifacio is expensive and overrated. personally, for the same price, i feel maybe MOB works will do better work.

*shrugs*

SCseanEVO
09-15-2004, 01:22 AM
if you want a great deal i have a buddy of my family that fixed my bumper and side when it got whacked... the front of my car when it was crooked cause some idiot backed up into it pressing the brace that holds the bumper on THROUGH my intercooler leaving almost a whole althe way through, and who paints my dads airplane and is known for his good work and SHOW QUALITY paint jobs. Only catch... he is here in costa mesa , ORANGE COUNTY

let me know if you are interested.

rino
09-15-2004, 03:13 AM
i already fixed the damage, thanks though - it was through auto body crafters in glendale.. my car looks normal again :)