PDA

View Full Version : Interested in a South Bay Area Mini-Meet?

Ralliartpnoi
09-17-2004, 01:47 PM
Since I live in between the L.A. and Tustin areas I never find time to goto any of the weekly mini-meets in either both directions.
I think it would be more convenient for me and other south bay area Evo owners to have a mini-meet held around here. Maybe having one here would make our mini-meets larger by getting some of the LA & Tustin meets together.

Im trying to start a mini-meet at the Starbucks/Tapioca Express on Sepulveda Blvd. and Dolores St. in Carson.
The place is always active at night, i know that wednesdays is bike night there and theres atleast 100 bikes meeting there every week.
The stores there usually close around 11pm-1am so its nice to have a place to eat during the late hours.
Pretty much ive been going here almost everynight and alot of the locals meet there too. Once a month the SI club has their monthly meets in the big parking lot.

Using only phone numbers of Evo owners that ive met, Ive got 3 Evo's to actually show up LOL! To me that was pretty good for just calling people up last minute too.

Anybody nearby wanna help me get a strong alternative mini-meet going on here?
I am thinking of integrating the meet with the thursday night AWJunkies meets that my friend is trying to organize there also. I think it'd be nice to have alot of AWD Enthusiasts to meet there. Ive invited some local skylines that go there to alot to come on thursday also.
The sheriff's in Carson are pretty chilled. They occasionally pull over a couple bikes trying to be stupid in the parking lot. They never bother me and my friends when we meet up there (and we sometimes stay there til 1-2am) The worst they did to us was tell us to go home. Haha

Ok enough babbling... so anyway, whos down to make a mini-meet happen around here??? Id like to know how much people would come if we are going to make this happen? Well whether or not a meet happens, im there almost everynight with alot of the non-evo locals (SRT's, WRX's, Hondas)

Thursdays @ Tapioca Express/Starbucks
Time: 9 til whenever
Where: Sepulveda Blvd. & Dolores St. or Sepulveda & Main St.
Something Fun To Do: Anybody eat at Wing Stop??? I dare anybody to eat their Atomic Wings there. The sauce burns just when you put it on your lips! My personal record is 3 Wings before quitting. I challenge all that come!
Parking: Man, theres alot dont worry