PDA

View Full Version : RMR comes through again!

Chris in SD
09-17-2004, 03:55 PM
Well, I had a couple of small problems with the Evo (A/C hose had a hole, exhaust hanger had broken, etc.). I took the car to RMR to ask about the problems and they resolved everything very much to my satisfaction. The A/C hose had been rubbing the power steering pulley and ended up with a hole. Since it was right near where the RMR I/C pipes go, I figured I would ask them to help. They split the bill with me, fixed my A/C, fixed my exhaust hanger (free) and checked out my brakes (free). Frank, their tech, is a GREAT guy and a genius with the Evo.

To make things better, Rhys took me out in a 420whp Evo today with some serious grunt. Plus with Rhys at the wheel, it was really a good ride.

Thanks again guys for proving that you're my shop of choice. I think I realized again why I keep coming back!

Side note: I got a quote from Stitchcraft (next door) for some cool interior work... Stay tuned.

Macky
09-17-2004, 04:43 PM
RMR peeps are real cool guys. ive known them long before i got an Evo and they were cool then :D

Evo-8
09-18-2004, 12:18 PM
their welds on their exhaust suck though. Mine had a few cracks in it where the hangers are and they said if i took it anywhere else to fix it they would "void its warrenty" thats pretty shady. Looks lke their runnin their business off mitsus handbook. i like the exhaust, but the quality is questionable.

Chris in SD
09-18-2004, 01:19 PM
I had my exhaust hanger break, too. I took it there, they fixed it free of charge and rewelded the entire area (MIG vs. TIG). Apparently the earlier (I don't know when they changed) weld was TIG welded and was too deep for the stainless of the exhaust. Now they're getting MIG welded over a broader area.

I guarantee it'd be much easier to get your RMR exhaust fixed by RMR than it would be to get your HKS, JIC, whatever fixed by their vendors...

Evo-8
09-18-2004, 03:14 PM
Why do you seem to have a problem with everyone that you deal with? It seems you are the common thread here...

I had my exhaust hanger break, too. I took it there, they fixed it free of charge and rewelded the entire area (MIG vs. TIG). Apparently the earlier (I don't know when they changed) weld was TIG welded and was too deep for the stainless of the exhaust. Now they're getting MIG welded over a broader area.

I guarantee it'd be much easier to get your RMR exhaust fixed by RMR than it would be to get your HKS, JIC, whatever fixed by their vendors...

i've only had problems with Dynotrash and RMR. They told me to come in at 3:30pm when i talked to them at 11:00 am that morning. I made the 1 hr drive down there and they told me they didnt have time to fix it. I had the exhaust already removed and sitting in the trunk of my other car with me. This was a shock. I took it to my local muffler guy and he welded it up in about 2 minutes for free. Like i said i like the exhaust, but for $600 i dont expect the hangers to break off and have other cracks after 3k miles. But if they changed their production method to make sure future ones dont have this problem thats cool and props to them.

Chris in SD
09-18-2004, 10:58 PM
Check with them about paying for the welding bill. A friend of mine in VA had the same issue and they covered his bill from the muffler shop. Just a suggestion. Sorry about your bad luck - I've only had good service with those people (Al and RMR).

STFU Tuning
09-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Tarmac02: Dude, you crack me up man. Keep em comming. LOL

RMR is old school and very proffessional. There are always two sides to a story, but anyone who knows anything about the different shops knows that RMR is 1st rate.

tama_mog
09-21-2004, 04:08 PM
....when I went to RMR to get hardpipings, intake piping, and bumper clipped for the exhaust touching RMR was professional and flawless...I was kind of nervous @ the beginning because it seemed like the people there working are kids.....but it ended up for the best and everything was fine other than me makin no power...but that was not the issue with their work or service...they even strengthened the welds on the exhaust hanger while I was there since they knew the problem existed and they took care of it. I thought they were good.

gt40
09-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Enough bickering. We have 2 threads locked already.

drmosh
09-21-2004, 05:38 PM
sigh... I've had to delete 60% of this thread... please take personal issues to PM or just don't post... this is the internet, arguing on it won't get you anywhere...