PDA

View Full Version : Al d-flash??

jondukes
09-18-2004, 01:51 PM
i was reading D-sport magazine and the article on ten sec. evos when i found something that suprised me big time,al the "FLASH MASTER" doesnt use a flash on his car ,its controlled by a aem ems his explanation/reasoning is "a flash is great for a mild to somewhat wild setup.however any car in comp. needs to be able to datalog and make corrections as necessary.thats where a system like AEM EMS excells" okay i understand that m,thats cool but his AEM EMS isnt tuned by him at all, its tuned by david buscher. now why is someone who claims to be a "flash master" not tuning his own engine management system?,seems like he doesnt want to blow his own shit up, i just thaught that was kind of funny ,kind of sad ,and a little scary(for all the peeps who have his flash)since it seems like he still needs to learn more about his trade
You wouldnt claim to be a locksmith and then call AAA when you lock your keys in the car right?? sorry for ranting this just disturbed me

GokuSSJ4
09-18-2004, 02:58 PM
lol you didn't know about it ??
he hasn't ran a flash after he made pass 450whp. From then he purchase the EMS , now to who tunes the EMS its news to me.

Evo-8
09-18-2004, 03:07 PM
been known for a while. Gotta love that. Didn't he claim to be the best tuner in the world for evos?

Boosted
09-18-2004, 03:40 PM
Didn't he claim to be the best tuner in the world for evos?

I believe so didnt he say that at his Dyno and Reflash day hahaha

Boosted
09-18-2004, 03:47 PM
The real question is, does he really believe it? u know how if u lie about something so much u actually start to believe it? I'm guessing thats where he is.

I think your right after all the shit hes gotten all over the boards and all the talk you know he thinks to himself...

"god damn i fucked shit up...not only can I not tune for shit but I have already told the entire world not only could i but im the best in the world" this is of course followed by a series of him yelling shit... he dug himself into this ditch I hope he has fun getting out

jondukes
09-18-2004, 04:18 PM
for sure i think that a flash is way to "vague" of a tune for an extremely powerful ride i guess my beef was why doesnt the "tuner" tune his own car

robi
09-18-2004, 09:50 PM
I might get yelled at for this post, but Al's car has seen more tuners than a $5 whore making her rent money. (every time someone tunes a car you learn something) I know for sure that Dan at Pruven Dave and Tym at Buschur and at least 2 others have "tuned his EVO" Maps are easy to change and you never know which tuner or which generation map he's running. And YES the AEM has many more parameters than just a timing and fuel map to "flash". I think the one thing Al has done is provide EVO owners with cost effective options if he wouldn't have sold the through the mail flash for $200 everyone would be paying $400.00+ for this mod. He loves his EVO and works to keep it in parts Etc.

leaveit2bevo
09-19-2004, 12:54 AM
Works runs there mad fast evo off stock ecu.

Absinthe
09-19-2004, 02:43 AM
WORKS evo is not that fast.............

moogle
09-19-2004, 04:46 AM
His flash is not the best, but if you custome tune its a different story and it gets the job done and is what he says going to be.

Also if I had the money to get up to 450+ I woudn't spend my budget on a flash and go w/power fc.

The only thing that itches is that he tunes a specific way with that specific part meaning he prefers Hallman Boost controller, HKS Intake, and he blames car is not fast enough bcz I don't have that mod??? I say all MBC are the same and they do the same job, and sure some intake gives a little more hp but intake is an intake, it sucks air just like a hoe sucks dick.

JanSolo
09-19-2004, 11:23 AM
WORKS evo is not that fast.............

You haven't driven it obviously. ;)

Absinthe
09-19-2004, 11:42 AM
Is bevo talking about the one that put down around 300-350ho in the evo shoot out? at that level of power there is no need for stand alone and when compared to cars that have the HP to require stand alone (450+) the works car would not be that fast.

GokuSSJ4
09-19-2004, 03:20 PM
His flash is not the best, but if you custome tune its a different story and it gets the job done and is what he says going to be.

Also if I had the money to get up to 450+ I woudn't spend my budget on a flash and go w/power fc.

The only thing that itches is that he tunes a specific way with that specific part meaning he prefers Hallman Boost controller, HKS Intake, and he blames car is not fast enough bcz I don't have that mod??? I say all MBC are the same and they do the same job, and sure some intake gives a little more hp but intake is an intake, it sucks air just like a hoe sucks dick.
if you are planing on going that far with purchasing a power FC might as well use the EMS. Its almost the same cost, the only problem with the power FC is that you have to decide if you plan to keep MAF or not since they use 2 different type of units. While with the EMS you have the option to keep it or to change to MAP.

JanSolo
09-19-2004, 04:30 PM
Is bevo talking about the one that put down around 300-350ho in the evo shoot out? at that level of power there is no need for stand alone and when compared to cars that have the HP to require stand alone (450+) the works car would not be that fast.

Yeah that tuner shoot out was done on a hald built prototype turbo with lag problems and a bad transmission.