PDA

View Full Version : need advice on suspension

Felix
09-20-2004, 01:23 PM
hi, everyone..
i just got my new evo 4 months ago..and i am thinking to change my suspension. since i am a newbie :oops: , i do now know much about it. so can someone plz give me some advice on it? my friend suggested me to use Tein Flex coilover + EDFC or JIC. how do you guys think of them? Thank you very much...
:D

500whp
09-20-2004, 01:44 PM
If you can tune suspensoin go w/ Teins! Note that the only product they make is suspension, and related parts NOTHING ELSE. Every other company out there makes everything (im not saying they are bad), but Tein focus their whole effort into suspension =)

Absinthe
09-20-2004, 01:46 PM
if he is a newbie should he really be tuning his own suspension....

Buy something set up right by a professional.

drmosh
09-20-2004, 01:46 PM
OR don't get a suspension, if yer a newbie you don't need a new suspension.

500whp
09-20-2004, 02:01 PM
if he is a newbie should he really be tuning his own suspension....

Buy something set up right by a professional.

ture on getting a professional. One thing i learned is that everything i did on my own to my car i can tell you how its done, and what were the problems. but if i get someone to help and they do more work than me then i dont really know how everything is installed!

Doing everything urself will teach u a lot more! Doing it by a professional is safer, faster, and cost money =)

Boosted
09-20-2004, 02:20 PM
now now guys I think were all jsut beating around the bush and we all know someone is going to say it...

MUELLER JIC'S

:P but seriously what do you wanna use the car for? if you jsu twanna lower it for SHow get something simple like TEIN S-techs aor RS-R TI200 springs but if your looking to track your car... coilovers JIc's tuned by mueller are spossed to be pretty ruthless...

Boosted
09-20-2004, 02:22 PM
ooh almost forgot from what I have seen the HKS HiperMax are really nice set up as well

trannb
09-20-2004, 02:52 PM
ture on getting a professional. One thing i learned is that everything i did on my own to my car i can tell you how its done, and what were the problems. but if i get someone to help and they do more work than me then i dont really know how everything is installed!

Doing everything urself will teach u a lot more! Doing it by a professional is safer, faster, and cost money =)

I agree that you learn a lot from doing installs yourself, but tuning the suspension is a whole different story. There are too many parameters involved for it to be a trial-and-error sort of thing.

As far as which setup to go with, find a suspension tuner and go with whatever they are comfortable tuning. Hopefully they will have done enough setups to have already worked out the kinks with a particular system. In case you don't like to use the search function, [email protected] is probably who you should talk to.

GenerAznX
09-20-2004, 02:54 PM
anyone running the HKS Hipermax? I wanted to know how they compare to the Muller JIC.

Sean.

Felix
09-20-2004, 08:10 PM
hi , guys, i thank all of u for ur help. the reason i wanna change my suspension is that i would like to go track more often. since i have been driving my new evo for 4 months on the streets, i would like to try it on the track. therefore, i am thinking to get the new suspension that can work well on the track and doing fine on the streets. ...plz help me to learn more so that i can compare different brands that is suitable for me. Again, thank u all very much!!!!!!!!

drmosh
09-20-2004, 09:24 PM
hi , guys, i thank all of u for ur help. the reason i wanna change my suspension is that i would like to go track more often. since i have been driving my new evo for 4 months on the streets, i would like to try it on the track. therefore, i am thinking to get the new suspension that can work well on the track and doing fine on the streets. ...plz help me to learn more so that i can compare different brands that is suitable for me. Again, thank u all very much!!!!!!!!

There are a lot of good drivers at the track driving EVOs, the stock suspension is excellent, I think you should learn to drive the car as it is on the track first, then decide on it, that way you are more educated about it.

robi
09-20-2004, 09:46 PM
anyone running the HKS Hipermax? I wanted to know how they compare to the Muller JIC.

Sean.

Slower at the track...(only reason to go to coilovers over stock) IMHO

Hallster
09-21-2004, 03:32 PM
hi, everyone..
i just got my new evo 4 months ago..and i am thinking to change my suspension. since i am a newbie :oops: , i do now know much about it. so can someone plz give me some advice on it? my friend suggested me to use Tein Flex coilover + EDFC or JIC. how do you guys think of them? Thank you very much...

First question you need to ask yourself is what do you plan to do with the car: road race, autocross, drag, lowered street driving, etc.

When you've got those questions answered then you can figure out whats feasible for your intentions.

Hallster

alex_alex
09-21-2004, 03:58 PM
If you can tune suspensoin go w/ Teins! Note that the only product they make is suspension, and related parts NOTHING ELSE. Every other company out there makes everything (im not saying they are bad), but Tein focus their whole effort into suspension =)

Tein also makes stuffed animals if i remember correctly.

That, and, im not quite sure how much better i feel about a company that ONLY makes one particular genre of performance part, and im not sure if that correlates at ALL with the quality of the parts, case in point: PYLE makes only car audio stuff, but i would hesitate to say that theyre a better company than someone like Pioneer that makes home audio as well.

IS2000
09-22-2004, 10:36 PM
Depends on your use.
If you get Teins, you can have them setup by Tein themselves.

gt40
09-23-2004, 12:13 AM

Sean.

They don't

GokuSSJ4
09-23-2004, 08:56 AM
hi, everyone..

if you don't plan to track the car go with any suspension, since is all about JDM bling bling but then do not complain if your car doesn't perform :?
If you do plan to track the car and you want to get the best performance out of it then Mueller JIC's are for you
or contact [email protected] for any questions that you might have regarding suspension.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g/parts/jic/jiccomplete.jpg

While these are quite beautiful, they are not for Disco Show Lowered Dumpy Boyze. If you ask how low you can go with them, that is the first clue that they are not for you. That said, you can go low enough to slam the tires up into the fenders and still have more suspension travel to go. Since the body length is fully adjustable, you can set where the suspension gets into the bump stops and at what ride height you want to be at. You want a stock height car with stiffer spring? No problem. You want a lowered car with full travel? No problem. You want to take rough rail road crossings at full speed? No problem. You want ace track handling on the street? No problem. You want it to ride like a Cadillac? Big problem. Oddly enough, these race parts are a serious performance* suspension package. It is not for crybabies. Even with stiff suspension, by keeping full travel and with excellent damping you will get the best ride possible. Every time you change the ride height, you will need to re-adjust the toe-in settings. You will not be raising and lowering the car every other day. All this adjustment is both a blessing and a curse. You have about 8" of possible adjustment to play with, only about 3/8" of it is in the sweet spot. You can tune it for pure magic or pure misery. These are the same struts and shocks we use on our road racing car, but they are streetable enough for our customers with street daily drivers that also hit the canyons hard and run open tracking days. We are now in our third year of selling, racing, installing and tuning JIC Suspension products.

Ricardon
09-23-2004, 09:02 AM
Note to self: Stay the hell away from Goku! He probably has the JIC logo with Mueller's signature on his left shoulder! Hehehe, goes really well with the one of my footprint he already has on his ARSE! Don't have 'em yet, soon, driven 6 cars that do, driven the other stuff...currently no comparrison anywhere near the price (or for a lot more actually).

GokuSSJ4
09-23-2004, 09:49 AM
is some one Jealous ???? :? hahahahaha !!!! go give your brother Retardon a hug, you will feel better :wink:

Chris in SD
09-23-2004, 11:03 AM
Where IS Retardon? I miss his hugs for RITCHIEEEE

Ricardon
09-23-2004, 11:31 AM
is some one Jealous ???? :? hahahahaha !!!! go give your brother Retardon a hug, you will feel better :wink:

This just in!! Adjusted tax returns for '00 and '01 baby! Got the checks today, along with a check from Orange county--refund of my bail amount and jail fees because I was aquited in that "drifting" incident!!! I am trying to get an appointment ASAP. I'll get a Mueller tatoo as well, we can be twins you fugger!! Good thing too because my struts on my stock suspension are blown!! LOL...talk about timing.

The gap only widens Goku! Just when you thought you were gaining, I switch gears and leave!! NAAAAAAAWWWWWWZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Retardon
09-23-2004, 11:40 AM
NAAAAAAAWWWWWWZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

YAY FOR NAWZWZ!!!@ I LOVE NAWZZZ AND RICHTIEEEY!!!!

i missd yuo sooooo much bruther richtie!!!!!!!!! VTEC AND RITCHEI ARE THE BESTEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

drmosh
09-23-2004, 11:57 AM
The gap only widens Goku! Just when you thought you were gaining, I switch gears and leave!! NAAAAAAAWWWWWWZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

He only imagines he was gaining on the gap... he still has to catch me before he catches you...

We'll see now that he has a few thousand dollars more invested in his suspension than I do.

NAAAAAAAAAAAWZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

GokuSSJ4
09-23-2004, 12:05 PM

This just in!! Adjusted tax returns for '00 and '01 baby! Got the checks today, along with a check from Orange county--refund of my bail amount and jail fees because I was aquited in that "drifting" incident!!! I am trying to get an appointment ASAP. I'll get a Mueller tatoo as well, we can be twins you fugger!! Good thing too because my struts on my stock suspension are blown!! LOL...talk about timing.

about time !!!!! im sure your set up will be more agressive then mine :cool:
time to upgrade the turbo so i can leave your @$$ at least on the straigh aways :wink:
Look Richie your brother loves you and NAAAWZZZZZ lol
also its time for you to buy some damn tires and leave the RA's at home for the track.
An Dino you will not be hard to catch and leave behind, get use to it !!