PDA

View Full Version : love the way these tires look

Evo-8
09-23-2004, 11:26 PM
not to mention they grab the road like a woman does her mans wallet.

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album259/tires.jpg

just got them alligned today for $56.50 not too shabby for all 4.

ultraflip
09-23-2004, 11:37 PM
crazy tread pattern... what kinda tires?

GokuSSJ4
09-23-2004, 11:48 PM
BF KDW
so are you ready for the track !!!

drmosh
09-24-2004, 12:16 AM
So have you experienced how loud those tires are yet?

Chris in SD
09-24-2004, 07:12 AM
KDW2s are VERY compromised for the way an Evo drives. If you push hard on those, prepare for a nice repair bill. There will be no warning of breakaway on surface streets...

I'd rather have a stickier tire at 9/10ths...

If you like them, though, more power to you. Just be careful. Those are 3-season tires, not max-performance like the Advans.

WOT
09-24-2004, 08:52 AM

Mud bog tires i think........by the sound of it, I thought it was a 4x4 that I was driving next to, turned out it was a black evo.

Nice exhaust, did that ricer set-up come with chop stix?

But seriously, what made you choose those tires? Tire rack say's they offer good all-around grip & steering feeedback, but ae very noisy? Good wear ratings though.

What's your initial impression of the tires?

apexstrafer
09-24-2004, 09:58 AM
they'd be killer on gravel fire roads!

nurb2
09-24-2004, 10:05 AM
You should have gotten the KD's. What's the point of having a wet rated tire in SoCal?

-nurb2-

Blaze
09-24-2004, 10:09 AM
KDW2s are VERY compromised for the way an Evo drives. If you push hard on those, prepare for a nice repair bill. There will be no warning of breakaway on surface streets...

I'd rather have a stickier tire at 9/10ths...

If you like them, though, more power to you. Just be careful. Those are 3-season tires, not max-performance like the Advans.

Looks like you got a set of SIDS.
(sudden inertia death syndrom)

kipper215
09-24-2004, 10:14 AM
i checked in tirerack and these tires are rated real close to the advan
here's a link to see for yourself
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=UHP
they should be good for a street tire. i haven't heard anything bad yet.

keep us inform on the performance i'm thinking about getting those tires. can you hook me up :?:

hksevo8
09-24-2004, 10:21 AM
i checked in tirerack and these tires are rated real close to the advan
here's a link to see for yourself
they should be good for a street tire. i haven't heard anything bad yet.

keep us inform on the performance i'm thinking about getting those tires. can you hook me up :?:

In all honesty, I do not think most of the people replying to this post have any idea about this tire.

Absinthe
09-24-2004, 10:42 AM
I only know what I have seen at track events, they are a good tire but if underinflated even the smallest amount they will chunk so keep an eye on that.

Evo-8
09-24-2004, 08:08 PM

Mud bog tires i think........by the sound of it, I thought it was a 4x4 that I was driving next to, turned out it was a black evo.

Nice exhaust, did that ricer set-up come with chop stix?

But seriously, what made you choose those tires? Tire rack say's they offer good all-around grip & steering feeedback, but ae very noisy? Good wear ratings though.

What's your initial impression of the tires?

funny it seems ur the only person on the board who thinks a 3'' catless turboback with a rmr cat-back section is a ricer setup. Ur sig says u hav ea custom 3'', did u get it from PB racing? Whats ur contribution to this thread anyway?

For the rest of u, so far ive taken a couple serious corners at speed and these things actually feel better than the advans. Much better ride, more bite in turns and i can't hear them so i dunno what the hell anyone is talking about the noise. besides if u can hear ur tires u and ur evo are pussies. No evo with exhaust and or intake should be able to hear their tires...

I got these tires for the treadwear rating and they rated very well in dry and wet. I go snowboarding all winter long so some tires that can handle the wet are a good idea.

PS the tires are BF Goodrich A/T KDW 2's Also known as KDW NT's

tire rack has them for $162 a piece. i got them from American Tire Co. for that same price and i had them mount, and ballance them for free along with a free lifetime pro-rated warranty and life time rotations.

Chris in SD
09-24-2004, 09:19 PM
Hey, it's your Evo. You want to ball it up pretending KDW2s will stick like Advans, that's your business. Those tires are a HUGE compromise - believe that.

Evo-8
09-25-2004, 03:16 AM
Hey, it's your Evo. You want to ball it up pretending KDW2s will stick like Advans, that's your business. Those tires are a HUGE compromise - believe that.

have u driven on them yet? if not u might want to before u talk about them. If u have then thats ur opinion. I just put them to the test on my way home tonight and they grip as well if not better than the advans. I havnt road raced them yet so i couldnt tell u how they compare when really heated up, but so far they are amazing.

GokuSSJ4
09-25-2004, 09:40 AM

have u driven on them yet? if so u might want to before u talk about them. If u have then thats ur opinion. I just put them to the test on my way home tonight and they grip as well if not better than the advans. I havnt road raced them yet so i couldnt tell u how they compare when really heated up, but so far they are amazing.

IMO the only way to compare the KDW vs Advans is under extreme cornering, where the advans shine. Even tire rack has the advans as the highest ratings in
Stability Steering 9.5 and Response 9.5 which if you notice the chart no other times comes close to it

Chris in SD
09-25-2004, 08:10 PM
I'm an idiot. I'll be quiet now (but you'll all owe me a beer when he crashes it...).

kipper215
09-25-2004, 09:52 PM
it's true that the advan is thee best tire. they just cost 2 much money. for what you pay for the KDW 2's there's no better tire in that price range. ADVANS RULE

robi
09-25-2004, 10:20 PM
At the OTC the 235 wide Advans were about 1 second slower than 265 wide KD times (note BIG diff between KDW (WET/Dry) and the KD's)

Evo-8
09-25-2004, 10:35 PM
At the OTC the 235 wide Advans were about 1 second slower than 265 wide KD times (note BIG diff between KDW (WET/Dry) and the KD's)

ya there is a tire "KD" that is summer only with better grip. I need tires with great grip all year round.

GokuSSJ4
09-26-2004, 12:07 AM
this is the best part of your tires :lol:
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album276/Picture003.jpeg

http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album276/Picture001.jpeg
The best part its all about the BLING BLING !!!!!
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/album276/Picture002.jpeg

leaveit2bevo
09-26-2004, 01:35 AM

ya but what about the tire size diff? 235-265 my kds are fucking amazing I havent driven advans in a while but they are on par.

Evo-8
09-26-2004, 02:41 AM
i have no idea what your last post was about goku...

Chris in SD
09-26-2004, 09:20 AM

ya there is a tire "KD" that is summer only with better grip. I need tires with great grip all year round.

You do understand that Southern California is considered summer weather year round, right? We don't have seasons here. When was the last time it snowed in your backyard? Rain does not count. It never rains here enough to saturate the ground (like it does in the South, for instance). That's why I kept asking why you wanted to compromise for a condition that doesn't exist in SoCal.

Evo-8
09-26-2004, 11:05 AM

You do understand that Southern California is considered summer weather year round, right? We don't have seasons here. When was the last time it snowed in your backyard? Rain does not count. It never rains here enough to saturate the ground (like it does in the South, for instance). That's why I kept asking why you wanted to compromise for a condition that doesn't exist in SoCal.

I will be doing a considerable amount of heavy rain/sleet/snow driving. I mentioned a few times that I'll be snowboarding all winter long. Usually when people go snowboarding, there is... snow. There is plenty of snow is So-Cal, if u go to the right places ie Big Bear. Plus I wanted tires that will last considerably longer than the advans or KD's so went with these. I'm sure they'll last me atleast 20k

Chris in SD
09-26-2004, 11:58 AM
I am not trying to be antagonistic (I'll save that for the political board :lol: ). If I was in your situation, this is what I would do (keep in mind I just moved back from VA where it snows all winter):

1) I would buy a set of cheap wheels that you like in the stock size and invest in a set of Yoko AVS Winters (what I used in VA) or Blizzaks. These work MUCH better than the KDWs will.

2) Use the grippiest tires that meet your needs for durability and cost for daily driving in SoCal. Except for Hoosiers and other semi-slicks, the max performance tires sold do fine in the rain we have, esp. with our AWD.

I'd just hate to see you ball up your Evo because you got overconfident in the grip of your tires (whether in dry or snow). The KDW2s won't be enough for snowy conditons. They'll probably be great in slush, though. Good luck, Abtin.

Evo-8
09-26-2004, 12:49 PM
I am not trying to be antagonistic (I'll save that for the political board :lol: ). If I was in your situation, this is what I would do (keep in mind I just moved back from VA where it snows all winter):

1) I would buy a set of cheap wheels that you like in the stock size and invest in a set of Yoko AVS Winters (what I used in VA) or Blizzaks. These work MUCH better than the KDWs will.

2) Use the grippiest tires that meet your needs for durability and cost for daily driving in SoCal. Except for Hoosiers and other semi-slicks, the max performance tires sold do fine in the rain we have, esp. with our AWD.

I'd just hate to see you ball up your Evo because you got overconfident in the grip of your tires (whether in dry or snow). The KDW2s won't be enough for snowy conditons. They'll probably be great in slush, though. Good luck, Abtin.

yeah i didnt think u were tryin to talk smack. I appretiate ur tips and advise. I dont by any means think my KDW NT's are the greatest tire ever. So far from how ive drvien them they have VERY VERY nice grip. I dont make insane turn after insane turn while on the streets so i wont ever heat them up to the point where i start losing traction. I definitely dont want to waste money on a new set of wheels and i cant justify having a winter set of wheels tires. Because even in the winter when i go snowboaring, when i come back its nice and sunny so i dont wanna switch wheels every day. I got hastle free tires that have great grip, long wear and good in the rain/slush. So im happy with them.

Chris in SD
09-26-2004, 02:18 PM
I got hastle free tires that have great grip, long wear and good in the rain/slush. So im happy with them.

This is what's important.

geogerf
10-05-2004, 07:05 PM

have u driven on them yet? if not u might want to before u talk about them. If u have then thats ur opinion. I just put them to the test on my way home tonight and they grip as well if not better than the advans. I havnt road raced them yet so i couldnt tell u how they compare when really heated up, but so far they are amazing.

also keep in mind that these tires are still new and probably need to be broken in. its hard to compare tires because by the time you (rhetorically speaking) are replacing your current ones, they are at the end of their tread life; and when you get the new ones slapped on you will of course feel a major diff in terms of grip load.

GokuSSJ4
10-05-2004, 08:42 PM
At the OTC the 235 wide Advans were about 1 second slower than 265 wide KD times (note BIG diff between KDW (WET/Dry) and the KD's)Robi are there any problems that you know of with the KD's 255/40/17's ??
since Dave has mention that at the track the tires will rip apart :?

Skiracer
10-05-2004, 09:17 PM

I will be doing a considerable amount of heavy rain/sleet/snow driving. I mentioned a few times that I'll be snowboarding all winter long. Usually when people go snowboarding, there is... snow. There is plenty of snow is So-Cal, if u go to the right places ie Big Bear. Plus I wanted tires that will last considerably longer than the advans or KD's so went with these. I'm sure they'll last me atleast 20k

I hear a lot of peeps on evom.net are using Pirelli PZero NERO M+S (mud & snow) tires in the east coast. Everyone seems like the tires for winter use. I myself will be going to Big Bear/Mammoth a lot so i plan on getting these tires myself for winter time use. I do not want to get dedicated winter tires because most of the driving will be done in hot Socal weather to the mountain and that would kill the winter tread. The PZero's are "ultra highperformance all season" according to tirerack and they are also the highest ranking tire in comparison to its peers: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=UHPAS

Tire info can be found here:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=PZero+Nero+M%26S&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=345WR70NMS&fromCompare1=yes

Also, 400 AA treadwear rating :D
Sounds like a good deal for $122/each for drives to the mountains.

modvp
10-08-2004, 07:16 AM
PS the tires are BF Goodrich A/T KDW 2's Also known as KDW NT's ...

what size are they?

subgraphic
10-20-2004, 07:48 AM
besides if u can hear ur tires u and ur evo are pussies. No evo with exhaust and or intake should be able to hear their tires...

You sir, are an obviously very bright individual.

Good luck with your tires.

razorlab
10-20-2004, 11:35 AM
I go snowboarding all winter long so some tires that can handle the wet are a good idea.

I would not advise using the KDW in the snow since they are not designed for snow at all.

KDWS is the true all-season tire in the BFGoodrich g-Force lineup.

Absinthe
10-20-2004, 12:39 PM
At the OTC the 235 wide Advans were about 1 second slower than 265 wide KD times (note BIG diff between KDW (WET/Dry) and the KD's)Robi are there any problems that you know of with the KD's 255/40/17's ??

Talk to Bevo I told him about the issues I saw, one thing to keep in mind when it comes to the destruction of a tire is that a shityy driver like me/you/abtin/bevo will destroy these tires much more quickly at the track becuase we arent smooth with our inputs and we frequently exceed the limit of the tire by a lot, some one with experince like Robi's will be less likely to do that.

Evo-8
10-20-2004, 12:41 PM
a shityy driver like me/you/abtin/bevo

Heeyyy!

Absinthe
10-20-2004, 12:42 PM

Heeyyy!

compared to Robi????????????

leaveit2bevo
10-20-2004, 11:08 PM

Heeyyy!

no arguing that point robi will beat us like we stole somthing

GokuSSJ4
10-20-2004, 11:20 PM

Talk to Bevo I told him about the issues I saw, one thing to keep in mind when it comes to the destruction of a tire is that a shityy driver like me/you/abtin/bevo will destroy these tires much more quickly at the track becuase we arent smooth with our inputs and we frequently exceed the limit of the tire by a lot, some one with experince like Robi's will be less likely to do that.

will you see this issues with normal street driving and from time to time delivering Tofu ??
i really like the advans and now that i have the RA's for daily driven, i defently will not accept any less performance then the advans (which i know is hard to beat)

Absinthe
10-21-2004, 09:10 AM
No idea I dont have the tires and havent been around them when people deliver...

evo tr1p
11-17-2004, 06:31 PM
besides if u can hear ur tires u and ur evo are pussies. No evo with exhaust and or intake should be able to hear their tires...

You sir, are an obviously very bright individual.

Good luck with your tires.

not to pick fights...

but at least he knows how to use the quote button on the top right corner...hahaha

http://www.christyskincare.com/photos/ktown213/owned.gif

GokuSSJ4
11-17-2004, 08:14 PM
you stole my idea :pissed: thats the color that i wanted it for my track wheels.
http://www.christyskincare.com/photos/ktown213/signaturegreen2.jpg