PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Airbag,....Hello Sparco Wheel...PICS!

ASTROEVO
09-24-2004, 03:59 PM
well here you go.....easy....had a hard time finding the hub...but ARNOLD at STREETIMAGE hooked me up....

http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=44828

http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=44830

http://forums.evolutionm.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=44831

SSwest
09-24-2004, 04:06 PM
Nice. Looks like you have your car put together pretty well. Any pics of the rest of the car, if the interior looks that nice the outside has to be close.

trannb
09-24-2004, 04:08 PM
How does the width of that steering wheel compare to the width of the stock wheel?

ASTROEVO
09-24-2004, 04:20 PM
steering wheel is a bit smaller....it has a great feel...

Boosted
09-24-2004, 05:03 PM
damn that looks pretty nuts I am usually against wheels like that but i have to admit it looks pretty good

ASTROEVO
09-24-2004, 05:11 PM
E.D.A.D. Evo Drivers Against Dynoflash.... Ill make the stickers you want one BEVO?...

leaveit2bevo
09-25-2004, 11:32 AM
E.D.A.D. Evo Drivers Against Dynoflash.... Ill make the stickers you want one BEVO?...

Ill take one :)

EVIL EVO
09-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Looks gay as hell should of keep the stock one on.Or atleast A MOMO wheel that would match better.

Takashi
09-25-2004, 07:24 PM
yes, because the way a steering wheel LOOKS is much more important than the way it feels and works.

is that a quick release? are the buttons for the horn?

Chris in SD
09-25-2004, 08:13 PM
What is the legality/liability of disabling/removing the airbags? The reason I ask is because I have something in the works with Stitchcraft that would require the passenger airbag to be disabled and/or removed. If I did that, I might as well swap steering wheels, too...

Anyone know (not guessing)?

j_nizzle
09-25-2004, 08:44 PM
yes, because the way a steering wheel LOOKS is much more important than the way it feels and works.

is that a quick release? are the buttons for the horn?

i hope the buttons are for the horn, if not they're for a little fast/furious nos action. i saw the pics of his engine bay in an earlier post. this evo must be fast....

Terenus
09-25-2004, 09:19 PM
That interior is nice!

Evo-8
09-25-2004, 10:54 PM
What is the legality/liability of disabling/removing the airbags? The reason I ask is because I have something in the works with Stitchcraft that would require the passenger airbag to be disabled and/or removed. If I did that, I might as well swap steering wheels, too...

if u do take the airbags out make sure u let ur insurance company know so u can get a discount. Those ass clowns charge extra for airbags {no joke} because if they go off, they have to pay for the replacement which isnt cheap.

Macky
09-25-2004, 10:55 PM
man thats a big-ass shift light :shock: :wink:

alex_alex
09-26-2004, 12:14 AM

if u do take the airbags out make sure u let ur insurance company know so u can get a discount. Those ass clowns charge extra for airbags {no joke} because if they go off, they have to pay for the replacement which isnt cheap.

Yeah, but that directly trades off with how much insurance would have to pay if you get injured because you dont have an airbag.

GokuSSJ4
09-26-2004, 12:26 AM
its ilegal to operate a car with out an airbag (if it comes equip from OEM) so cars that are 95 and newer are required to have an air bag. unless you plan to track the car its something i wouldn't due.

Evo-8
09-26-2004, 12:46 AM

Yeah, but that directly trades off with how much insurance would have to pay if you get injured because you dont have an airbag.

not really. Unless u have massive medical coverage it will only hurt u to have airbags. If they ever ask if u have side airbags so NO lol. The more airbags that will deploy the more it will cost. Ask ur insurance co. it costs more for more airbags.

leaveit2bevo
09-26-2004, 01:37 AM
Looks gay as hell should of keep the stock one on.Or atleast A MOMO wheel that would match better.

the caps lock guy is talking shit?

Evo-8
09-26-2004, 02:45 AM

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc16.jpg

DocMortal
09-26-2004, 08:50 AM
Looks good but Id rather keep the airbag,just in case...

No doubt looks good though...

Nynguah
09-28-2004, 06:28 AM
If you swap out the steering wheel, be sure to hold on to the stock steering wheel. Replacement cost is around $1500 from the dealership.

-Josh

gofaster87
09-28-2004, 01:48 PM

Dont know about you but the steering wheels I buy are for function and not to impress you. I always use flat bottom wheels and this is for fact that it allows my body to fit better and I can postion myself properly.

apexstrafer
09-28-2004, 03:36 PM
I love suede racing wheels, but I sure hope you don't get into a situation where you need that airbag...

moogle
09-30-2004, 12:37 AM
I am not sure if I know this well, but isn't it illegal not to have airbags. I heard they passed a new law about that, that is why new vehicles must have them. I am not sure, can someone clarify.

gofaster87
10-05-2004, 03:00 PM
I believe it is illegal to remove the airbags but so is taking the cat out, replacing the turbo, replacing the intake and any other non carb mod that we all do.

trannb
10-05-2004, 03:45 PM
According to the NHTSA, shops and dealers can deactivate your airbags for you if you provide a request (with enough justification) to the NHTSA.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/airbags/pages/FAQsABDeactiv.htm

"5. What if the condition for air bag deactivation goes away or I sell my vehicle?

NHTSA strongly urges you to have the air bag reactivated if the condition that caused the deactivation ceases to exist, or if you sell the vehicle. If you do not reactivate the air bag upon sale, you should inform the new owner that the air bag has been deactivated."

Doesn't seem illegal to me.

bonestockevo8
12-25-2004, 12:21 PM
its ilegal to operate a car with out an airbag (if it comes equip from OEM) so cars that are 95 and newer are required to have an air bag. unless you plan to track the car its something i wouldn't due. Yes, it is illegal to remove or disable OEM airbags or seatbelts.

Timujin
12-25-2004, 01:23 PM
Are those two buttons for the horn?

I sooooo wish the factory steering wheel had hord buttons for the thumbs instead of the ghey center button. Why do we have to take one hand off the wheel to blow the horn at these idiots we are usually trying to steer away from?

Interior looks cool. You get the "Stone Nutz" award for doing something rare and cool.

trinydex
01-09-2005, 10:52 PM
alcantara is so nice :D now you just need to get some racing gloves and you'll stick like glue! wait... that's a bad thing isn't it? well... alcantara shift knobs are nice with racing gloves.

SolarXclipse
01-10-2005, 03:10 AM
Thats too much CF for me. Nice steering wheel though. Now you got a 50/50 chance of surviving incase you got into accident. Drive safely.

rizalhoo
01-10-2005, 04:45 AM

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/misc16.jpg

jajajajjajajajaja

EVILMR
01-11-2005, 12:34 PM
where did you get that cf kit from???????????