PDA

View Full Version : brake/rotor problem

jondukes
09-25-2004, 01:40 PM
okay when my car is cruising it makes a squeek when not on the brakes(only from front right rotor area)then when i brake it stops but if i brake hard it gets really loud...what do yall think it is
also if going very slow i can hear it squeeaking per revolution of wheel (only 1 second of squeek per turn)is this a warped rotor or what? please help its annoying and very embarassing

Chris in SD
09-25-2004, 08:09 PM
If it's squeaking when you're not on the brakes, it might be a wheel bearing. If it's when you ARE on the brakes, check your pads for material remaining and/or misaligned pads.

leaveit2bevo
09-26-2004, 01:33 AM
I had the same problem I took it to hb and they said it was the lip on my rotor hitting the caliper.

Chris in SD
09-26-2004, 09:17 AM
I had the same problem I took it to hb and they said it was the lip on my rotor hitting the caliper.

That is strange. I've never heard of such a thing...

leaveit2bevo
09-26-2004, 12:11 PM

That is strange. I've never heard of such a thing...

the lip on my rotors is HUGE and thats whats been causing all my brake problems and that squeak.

jondukes
09-29-2004, 04:39 PM
update: my aftermarket pads were oversized and were covering whole rotor surface plus the inner and outer lips so because it was an uneven surface it created a whisle/squeek
solution:filed down overhanging portion of pad and resurfaced rotors......vuallah!

GokuSSJ4
09-29-2004, 05:18 PM
update: my aftermarket pads were oversized and were covering whole rotor surface plus the inner and outer lips so because it was an uneven surface it created a whisle/squeek
solution:filed down overhanging portion of pad and resurfaced rotors......vuallah!

so are you ready for the track ???

jondukes
09-29-2004, 05:19 PM
yeh those links chris posted dont work hotmail sucks

GokuSSJ4
09-29-2004, 05:19 PM
he has a link for the payment method for paypal and they work fine. i will make payment tonigh :cool:

jondukes
09-29-2004, 05:36 PM
he has a link for the payment method for paypal and they work fine. i will make payment tonigh :cool:
do they need driver info before i pay cuz that will be a problem if i cant send them the info