PDA

View Full Version : Eibach Pro Kits: Any good?

Takashi
09-25-2004, 07:13 PM
I've come to the conclusion that I cannot afford (or at least I cannot justify...) buying coilovers at this point. However, I have found no springs that look appealing to me. I think that the closest ones would be the Eibach Pro Kits, as they have a relatively mild drop (1.2" all around I think), and have moderate spring rates.

Who on this forum has had any experience with these springs (or any for that matter)? It seems that many of you have gone with coilovers, but please any input is greatly appreciated.

thanks,greg

Mike W
09-25-2004, 08:49 PM
Rob Tallini uses them on his daily driver street EVO. He likes them a lot, especially with the rear sway bar upgrade. Rob kind of knows what a good handling EVO is supposed to feel like ;-)

Pics here with stock springs and the Pro Kits side by side:
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/parts/eibach

Mike W

j_nizzle
09-25-2004, 08:52 PM
im running the eibach setup with a progress 28 mm rear swaybar. i really enjoy the set up. if you want the same setup, pm me and i can get you the same setup for a decent price.

robi
09-25-2004, 09:37 PM
I did a major upgrade to the Buddy Club Springs Who ?EIBACH! and yes the feel right...

GokuSSJ4
09-26-2004, 12:15 AM
you guys really like the color blue, from the monster shop car (blue)
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/rre_car/pics1-04/rrevo-shoot-front.jpg

to what mike and rob have
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo/parts/eibach/prokit-side-two.jpg

Evo-8
09-26-2004, 12:49 AM
hey a friend of mine is lookin for springs for his VW golf "non turbo" and he says people on VW forums are saying he needs a rear sway bar if he gets springs otherwise sumthin might go wrong while riving. This doesn't make any damn sense to me. Can any of u shed any light on this?

Takashi
09-27-2004, 09:31 AM
hey a friend of mine is lookin for springs for his VW golf "non turbo" and he says people on VW forums are saying he needs a rear sway bar if he gets springs otherwise sumthin might go wrong while riving. This doesn't make any damn sense to me. Can any of u shed any light on this?

i dont know, i've never heard of that... it shouldn't be an issue.

Takashi
09-27-2004, 09:33 AM
I did a major upgrade to the Buddy Club Springs Who ?EIBACH! and yes the feel right...

robi, you're talking about coilovers aren't you? i thought you went from jic's to buddy clubs.... ?

GokuSSJ4
09-27-2004, 10:00 AM
he is running eibach springs with buddy club coil overs .

Takashi
09-27-2004, 10:11 AM
ah, okay.

Mike W
09-27-2004, 07:41 PM
you guys really like the color blue, from the monster shop car (blue)

Just mostly dumb luck (aside from blue being the best looking) The car we got fo free from MMSA just happened to be blue. The Sean Glass/RMR mess car we bought for cheap just happened to be blue. Then Tallini bought blue just to have his street car match the race car.

Mike W

Knower
09-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Another shot of blue Evos at RRE:
http://www.gamespyarcade.com/knower/events/uscc_2004_prep_rre_06012004/images/dscn4329.jpg

Takashi
09-27-2004, 09:25 PM
so, to those of you who daily drive the eibachs (ah hem, tallini :) ), have you had to adjust how you drive the car, as in slowing down for ruts or pot holes or anything of that nature?

greg

j_nizzle
09-27-2004, 09:56 PM
if anything the springs make the car more responsive. i dont notice me driving any differently besides being able to take turns a little harder.

Takashi
09-28-2004, 12:00 AM
that's good, because the last thing i want to do is have to slow down for every imperfection in the road. been there, done that, and i dont want to have to do that again.

do you happen to have any pics jnizzle?

thanks
greg

j_nizzle
09-28-2004, 08:04 PM
sorry man no pics...

Takashi
09-28-2004, 11:05 PM
it's cool essay.

snoop
09-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Just got springs installed today and they are pimp. The car rides same as stock and you feel less body roll :D

G20
09-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Honestly! You'll have to slowdown coming out of a deep drive way (drive out in an angle) or your front will hit. You'll probably end up with some scratch under the front lip anyway. I have Eibach (with RRE rear sway-bar) so I know. But beside that, the car looks good and handling a little better (less body roll).